Hello all!

Niksa

I have been on a major fact finding mission the past few months having recently decided to try growing myself after almost 20 years of paying someone else for it!! It is certainly a mine field of information - and there is a lot I will be learning as I go. I am fortunate that I have clones hopefully en route from a relative in a few weeks so just trying to ensure they get off to a flying happy start!! Said relative is a major part of the reason for finally making this transition myself - it really helps knowing someone who has some idea! However his system is mostly hydro. I already grow loads of stuff on my allotment so I feel more comfortable going the soil route. I have a 60x60x140 grow tent plus mars hydro. Just a small grow - two plants.
What are your experiences with soil / which brand etc ? I have seen various recipes and one day hope to have time for a more pure approach but want to buy it in to start and I am pretty time poor! I am UK based. Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks in advance and nice to 'meet' you all.

Hello Niksa and welcom to 420 :welcome:

I am not familiar with what soils are available in the UK but there are pleanty of UK members on here that I am sure can give you some recommendations. :thumb:

OK you can either go down the canna soil route by ordering online for such stuff as Cana Terra pro or you can go down the path of just using a generic potting soil. Ive personally had good results with a Westland potting compost, available at most Brit DIY places. I then just cut it with some blank generic coco and perlite then don't feed for the first few weeks after potting on, as the Westland soil has John innes added giving a good simple start. :)

Back
Top Bottom