Introduction - As well as new grow

TwinTurboLsx

Hey folks, I've been a side line reader on this site for a long time. As several searches for research purposes lead me back to this place, often. So thanks for some of the knowledge I've picked up from yall many debates and socializing etc.

So I've done a couple small grows before. But I recently just gathered everything for a new grow. Pretty cool grow, imo. Nice enough for me to get my feet wet, and get back in the swing of things. But I'm slightly concerned about what info I put online. Should I be? Or am I just being paranoid? Ha. Anyways. I hit up a well known seed bank and got a bunch of different stuff. Got 10 blue kush autos from dinafem, and 10 trans siberian autos as well. Then, the next day I put in another order (because I'm very indecisive) and ordered 10 blue dream fems, and 10 THC bomb fems as well. I'm debating on starting a grow journal. Oh also for lighting, kinda the same thing. I bought a double ended HPS/MH 1000 watt light, and then I got to reading more and was intrigued by the LED portion of that department so I scooped up 2 600's. For the 5x5 tent. Doing an all auto this first go around, and then once I'm warmed up again, gonna reach for more and grow the blue dream and bomb. Pretty excited. Anyways. Just wanted to introduce myself. Look forward to sharing my little adventure with you guys. Thanks

P.s. sorry for long first post.

Re: Introduction, as well as new grow.

Welcome!
I hope you start a journal as well. Always nice to have for many reasons. A few major ones are so you can always look back at them and see what you did exactly when. Perhaps the most important reason for newer growers is because if you have any issues pop up that you are unsure of there are tons of people here that can diagnose and give advice quite a bit easier and more accurate having a journal to look through.
Have a good time:thumb:

Re: Introduction, as well as new grow.

Ya for sure. OK. Welp it's decided then. I'll do it. When I get home, and from here on out, I'll keep a very detailed journal with lots of pics. Everyone knows pics are the highlights of these. Lol. I've I spent some money and got some pretty decent stuff for this go round. So I'd be happy to show you guys how I am going about it. One thing I'm really torn on is which to start up with for the 5x5. The twin 600's or the double ended 1000 watt. I like the LED just for the savings on power and heat, so I'm probably leaning towards that since they cost so darn much. Might as well give em a go.

I know the feeling. Look at my auto journal below in my signature. Until last week I ran at least 2 sometimes 3 600's and my 900 and 2 450's and a 300 and yes even a 150.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I know the feeling. Look at my auto journal below in my signature. Until last week I ran at least 2 sometimes 3 600's and my 900 and 2 450's and a 300 and yes even a 150.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Man, I'm relatively new to the LED world, but that seems like overkill for 6 plants. Lol. The main attraction to me for the LED, I'd potential power savings. Once I meet or exceed that of a HID light, I'll swap back to those. Because then the benefit I was after disappears. Because as we all know, HID yields are still great. And with a little bit of air moving through the light hood, Temps are pretty easy to control. (Which I have for my 1k watt light hood as well).
I'm thinking of getting a couple of cheaper marz lights or equivalent to try and fill and dim areas, if I feel they're necessary. I was also considering putting some down low, or even shining up from the bottom, as sort of a little experiment that wouldn't cost me too many more Kwh. And I've also been considering getting a cob/3w LED combo light directly from china. Been searching and they're basically the same as the lights we pay alot of money for, here in the states. Without the middle man marking them up. We'll at least this applies in alot of cases. Not all. But some. Nice grow tho. Props man.

I see you're well on your way to becoming part of the community. I'll just stop in and say hi:ciao:

Let us know when you get that journal up, check my signature below for some helpful links on getting that journal posted in your own signature.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Ok will do. I'm gonna officially kick it off tomorrow. I have everything minus the soil. Been having a hard time finding the fox farms soil, locally. But I found some. Picking up tomorrow. Then I'll snap a bunch of pics and start the thread off with all the good info. Looking forward to it, for sure!

Welcome twinturbo, i think the way the forum setup is that they host their own pics and as long as you pay attention to the info you put out it wont be a problem. Stick to the matter is perhaps the way to go if youre paranoid on that area. I am also like you so, when i post pics i try not to give out much on surroundings and perhaps the local products i use. I simply describe what im using is all. Welcome and will be fun to have another journal to sub even tho i already have my hands full with my own haha. I just love looking at other peoples grow story and pics. I think my journey so far has just been copying people here at 420 left and right. Haha.

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ya guys appreciate the input. I started my journal btw. It's titled "first grow journal 5x5 LED" if anyone wants to check it out. Updating this evening.

Back
Top Bottom