Hi Everyone - Advice Needed

Condition 1

I'm a 54 year old guy who was diagnosed with Lymphoma. I cannot take Chemo and Radiation is not an option for what I have. I'm at a point where the Lymphoma is closing down my windpipe and eating and breathing through my mouth will be impossible in a month or so.
I also have a tumor behind my nose so breathing through my nose hasn't been possible for 2 months now.

I have heard that Cannabis Oil or THC could help me out. I'm in the Northeast so not much I can do here but my wife is willing to move out to California temporarily if we can find a doctor to help me out with this.

I don't have enough time to be able to figure all this out on my own. Time for me is pretty short.

If anyone can suggest a doctor is California that I can get help from and treat this I would be grateful. I have to do this pretty quickly if I am going to do it at all.

Thanks

Hey There,

I am in Oregon so I can't help you with California doctors, but I would suggest you post this in the Medical Marijuana, sub section MMJ doctors section, you will likely have better luck there.

-Vape

Thanks everyone. I'm learning a lot and my wife is as well.
I am not adverse to moving to Oregon and as we look into everything more it seems like Oregon
might be a better fit for us.

There is so much to learn and I don't have much time according to the doctors here.

Vapeman420 can you help with some suggestions about Oregon? We were thinking about the
Salem Oregon area. It seems getting actual 90% RSO is really hard to find as well as expensive.

My home State only allows 1 gram of oil every 8 days. Prices are crazy high as well.

Thanks for any and all help. We really are ready to hop in the car and drive out there
once we sort out the details.

Does it really take 30+ days to get a Medical card?

Thanks everyone. I'm learning a lot and my wife is as well.
I am not adverse to moving to Oregon and as we look into everything more it seems like Oregon
might be a better fit for us.

Vapeman420 can you help with some suggestions about Oregon? We were thinking about the
Salem Oregon area. It seems getting actual 90% RSO is really hard to find as well as expensive.

Does it really take 30+ days to get a Medical card?

Salem is the Capital and too big for my taste (and all the crime and traffic that goes with it), but one of those to each their own things, I've been here in OR since I was 14 (back in '76). I do think the Medical card does take awhile, but it costs money to get one and may be better off just paying tax for Recreational (currently 25% but supposed to go to 17-20% first of the year when all the changes take affect far as new Rec rules go). I have no idea on cost for Medical card, but sure it can be found online somewhere, if you need help finding it just lmk and I can dig up links for you. Though one is limited on what you can buy far as Rec goes (amounts and strengths of edibles the ones I know of, I have no idea on oils and concentrates, sorry), you might check on Leafly and see if Dispensaries sell what you are wanting, many will list the Rec and Med separate so it gives you an idea of cost difference and can find out differences if any as far as what you are looking for. There is no Sales Tax in OR, so they make up for it in Property Taxes (which causes rents to be higher), also can't pump your own gas here (but you won't mind not having to go out in the rain to do it ;) ). Folks can be kinda eclectic out here (to put it politely ;) LOL), so may be a bit of a shock at first depending what you are used to.

Condition1, I live in PA, so I can't make any medical recommendations, but if you can get through the medical card process and purchase buds we can help you learn to process your own oil to help defray costs. If you can find it from a trustworthy source and you can afford it, purchase The Concentrated Cannabis Oil (RSO) straight out and we can assist you with setting a protocol and help you get relief.

We have a couple threads that'll come in handy for you, once you figure out where you're going to end up. I don't want to overwhelm you when your most immediate concern is relocating to get access. When you're ready, if you're interested in our help, you can find us in the study hall Graytail pointed you to earlier.

Good luck in your quest. Choose to believe there's more hope than it might appear. Those expectations will help support your endocannabinoid system.

Hi and welcome to 420 family :circle-of-love:
I agree with SweetSue
We have a couple threads that'll come in handy for you, once you figure out where you're going to end up. I don't want to overwhelm you when your most immediate concern is relocating to get access. When you're ready, if you're interested in our help, you can find us in the study hall Graytail pointed you to earlier.

Look here : MMJ Listings
I hope you will find what you need until you can grow your own.

Salem is the Capital and too big for my taste (and all the crime and traffic that goes with it), but one of those to each their own things, I've been here in OR since I was 14 (back in '76). I do think the Medical card does take awhile, but it costs money to get one and may be better off just paying tax for Recreational (currently 25% but supposed to go to 17-20% first of the year when all the changes take affect far as new Rec rules go). I have no idea on cost for Medical card, but sure it can be found online somewhere, if you need help finding it just lmk and I can dig up links for you. Though one is limited on what you can buy far as Rec goes (amounts and strengths of edibles the ones I know of, I have no idea on oils and concentrates, sorry), you might check on Leafly and see if Dispensaries sell what you are wanting, many will list the Rec and Med separate so it gives you an idea of cost difference and can find out differences if any as far as what you are looking for. There is no Sales Tax in OR, so they make up for it in Property Taxes (which causes rents to be higher), also can't pump your own gas here (but you won't mind not having to go out in the rain to do it ;) ). Folks can be kinda eclectic out here (to put it politely ;) LOL), so may be a bit of a shock at first depending what you are used to.

I'm open to suggestions as to a decent place to live in Oregon as long as the rent isn't really expensive. I'm a country boy at heart and dislike the cities, but when you don't know an area what are you going to do? Also trying to find out more about the REC usage vs Medical. If it's just the tax that's ok for me for now because the doctors only gave me a short time so time is the biggest issue.

My wife will be calling up a few places today to see if she can get the info from the dispensaries. The RSO Oil is supposed to be like 90% THC and that seems like medical, but who knows.

We are getting burned out learning so much so quickly but death sucks, so we are doing all we can.

I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions on anything. Places to live, places to buy or clinics. It's all needed info and I think it's great that you and others on here have been so helpful.

Thanks, it's really appreciated.

Due to time restraints we can't grow our own anything. We have to get my lymphoma under control and soon or.....
Long term that would be a great idea but not for now.

I'm open to suggestions as to a decent place to live in Oregon as long as the rent isn't really expensive. I'm a country boy at heart and dislike the cities, but when you don't know an area what are you going to do? Also trying to find out more about the REC usage vs Medical. If it's just the tax that's ok for me for now because the doctors only gave me a short time so time is the biggest issue.

My wife will be calling up a few places today to see if she can get the info from the dispensaries. The RSO Oil is supposed to be like 90% THC and that seems like medical, but who knows.

We are getting burned out learning so much so quickly but death sucks, so we are doing all we can.

I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions on anything. Places to live, places to buy or clinics. It's all needed info and I think it's great that you and others on here have been so helpful.

Thanks, it's really appreciated.

Due to time restraints we can't grow our own anything. We have to get my lymphoma under control and soon or.....
Long term that would be a great idea but not for now.

We have Counties/Cities that have opted out of Recreational Sales so you need to research where you can/can't buy it Recreational. As it would really suck with all you have going on to have to drive 40-100 miles to be able to buy it legally. As you say with uncertainty of time you have I don't think spending money on getting a Med card and having to wait for it might not be a good idea. Generally Eastern Oregon and less populated areas voted down the measure, bigger cities/college towns more "liberal" in their thinking, and they allowed the Counties/Cities to decide if they wanted to allow it if the vote in their area was a majority no vote on the measure.
I don't think we can PM each other here as not an option if less than 50 posts if I read right (so can't go back and forth in a private conversation). So any questions just post them here and I will try and help or least give my opinion on whether a good/bad place to move IMHO. But you can find out based on rent costs and other variables to find what will be right for you, and hopefully you can get this kicked and can always relocate again once you are better. If nothing else I hope it at least improves your quality of life for the time that you do have, positive vibes sent your way and hope things improve for you (I'm my Wife's caregiver as her MS has progressed, so sometimes staying the same is better than the alternative of getting worse, but it is very frustrating for her and I try my best to keep her spirits up and not let on that it is frustrating to me at times too).

Leafly will give you info on Dispensaries and whether they sell Medical or Rec or both, law changes first of the year and they have to be separate business (or buildings) as each one has their own rules/regs, so nothing set in stone. Pretty sure if a place allows Rec they can't change at this point as the time to opt out and put a vote to their voters has passed, so at least that part of it won't change (far as I know).

Here's a link to the Medical side of things, looks like they way behind on processing so probably rules out Medical for you (or least at this time) but you can find out the cost there and weigh that in, at least in Oregon you have the Rec option.

Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP)

Here is a local Dispensary for me, there is a toggle at top that changes between Rec and Med so you can see what price difference and what they sell difference at this one store anyway (different rules so Rec has quantity limits and strength limits currently on Edibles unlike the Med side), they starting to quit changing their minds but god knows as 1st of the year is when Rec and Med have to be separate and have separate rules and crap:

Menu

Of the 5 Dispensaries in town I know 3 are going to or try to have the Rec Stores, not sure on the others as of yet or haven't heard.

Here's a link to the Medical side of things, looks like they way behind on processing so probably rules out Medical for you (or least at this time) but you can find out the cost there and weigh that in, at least in Oregon you have the Rec option.

Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP)

Here is a local Dispensary for me, there is a toggle at top that changes between Rec and Med so you can see what price difference and what they sell difference at this one store anyway (different rules so Rec has quantity limits and strength limits currently on Edibles unlike the Med side), they starting to quit changing their minds but god knows as 1st of the year is when Rec and Med have to be separate and have separate rules and crap:

Menu

Of the 5 Dispensaries in town I know 3 are going to or try to have the Rec Stores, not sure on the others as of yet or haven't heard.

Thanks for the help, I couldn't get that link to show me their menu for some reason.

One concern I have is in determining purity and consistency.

How do I know the Oil is pure and has the amount of THC and CBD that I need?

Rec Limits seem to be 1 gram a day so I'll probably try and get a card and before then use the time to work
my way up to taking 1 gram a day.

My wife is going to call the State OMMP and talk with them and if that all works out we will pack the car and head out Tues morning.

I think we will initially head to Portland to get what we need as well as doctors and then look for a place outside the city.
My buddy suggested places like Canby so we'll try looking around that area.

Thanks again for your help and advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

We are studying this 20 hours a day, hope we get it right. :)

Steve

Thanks for the help, I couldn't get that link to show me their menu for some reason.

Have to enter in country and State, try using Oregon (think it knows by IP maybe)

One concern I have is in determining purity and consistency.

How do I know the Oil is pure and has the amount of THC and CBD that I need?

They are required to have each batch tested for amounts of each, granted with Flower may be slight variance bud to bud but each batch has to be tested, so pretty fair odds of it being what it is said to be.

Rec Limits seem to be 1 gram a day so I'll probably try and get a card and before then use the time to work
my way up to taking 1 gram a day.

Flower is 1/4 oz a day per Dispensary, until the 1st of the year then I think it goes up to an oz (or last I saw, as they keep changing it), I don't do oils or concentrates but imagine same thing your limit is per day per Dispensary

My wife is going to call the State OMMP and talk with them and if that all works out we will pack the car and head out Tues morning.

I think we will initially head to Portland to get what we need as well as doctors and then look for a place outside the city.
My buddy suggested places like Canby so we'll try looking around that area.

Thanks again for your help and advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

We are studying this 20 hours a day, hope we get it right. :)

Steve

Answered your questions above in Blue Font. Anything else for questions just post here, as I wander into Forums multiple times a day, and making a habit to check your thread at least once a day.

Dwight

Tried to quote but I messed it up. Oh well. I'll type it out.

I think that website looks at your IP address or something, either way I get the idea that Rec vs Medical has a difference. I'll find out more when I call the OMMP tomorrow.

It's good to know that these are tested that helps me worry less. I'm guessing the dispensary has a copy on file to show you.

I'll find out about the amount tomorrow as well. Even if I have to buy 1/4oz everyday at least it might slow down the cancer until I can get a card. I'm also reading Sweet Sue's thread and some others as well. It's a lot to take in.

Thanks Dwight

Steve

HI
it is a lot to take in. and we all help in anyway we can to make it easier for you. In the oil study thread there are some really good people too that can answer any questions you have.

We are all here for you and your wife :circle-of-love:

Steve,

I imagine they might have a copy of test results (in case they get checked), they are required to have it on the label of the products. Like: Tested by Joe Blow Labs on xx/xx/xxxx .xxTHC .xxCBD etc....

Granted nothing perfect, but with the high cost of getting a license and the fact losing you license you probably don't get your money back, most places probably follow the rules to a T and have it tested by proper labs.

Yes enough info to make your head spin I'm sure. It may come down to the Medical Card is too much money coupled with having to wait 4-6 weeks for the card, but that is for you to weigh into decision once you have all the information needed (along with can you get what you need on the Rec side of things as they can't sell everything they do for Med as of yet (or strengths on like edibles).

Best of luck man, keep us posted here on how things are going,

Dwight

That Dispensary I gave you a link for doesn't have their prices broke down on Leafly anymore, think they switching to other site that I tried to link. Here is another one in town (where I go as they have bigger variety of flower, other place is where I get my Clones at), they break it down between the two with an "R" meaning Recreational and separate sections for Medical, gives you an idea of difference in price for a ball park (just wasn't sure if they had everything other places have as I think their whole intention was to go to Rec sales once govt. got all the crap together for changes the 1st of the year):

Corvallis Cannabis Club Menu - Leafly

Steve,

I imagine they might have a copy of test results (in case they get checked), they are required to have it on the label of the products. Like: Tested by Joe Blow Labs on xx/xx/xxxx .xxTHC .xxCBD etc....

Granted nothing perfect, but with the high cost of getting a license and the fact losing you license you probably don't get your money back, most places probably follow the rules to a T and have it tested by proper labs.

Yes enough info to make your head spin I'm sure. It may come down to the Medical Card is too much money coupled with having to wait 4-6 weeks for the card, but that is for you to weigh into decision once you have all the information needed (along with can you get what you need on the Rec side of things as they can't sell everything they do for Med as of yet (or strengths on like edibles).

Best of luck man, keep us posted here on how things are going,

Dwight

We are looking into it but so far it looks like we will need the card to get the amount of Oil we will need. I figure I can apply then use the REC amount to build up resistance and by then I should be GTG with the Medical card. That card is a lot of money but I should only need it for a year. Also I will have to get an apt there and that is fairly pricey. I'm leaving Tues AM so I probably won't be online too much after that. I'm hoping between my wife and I we can get 12+ hours driving in a day.

That Dispensary I gave you a link for doesn't have their prices broke down on Leafly anymore, think they switching to other site that I tried to link. Here is another one in town (where I go as they have bigger variety of flower, other place is where I get my Clones at), they break it down between the two with an "R" meaning Recreational and separate sections for Medical, gives you an idea of difference in price for a ball park (just wasn't sure if they had everything other places have as I think their whole intention was to go to Rec sales once govt. got all the crap together for changes the 1st of the year):

Corvallis Cannabis Club Menu - Leafly

Thanks Dwight that's helpful. We will try the OMMP when they open and see what is allowed. But you are right there are so many changes going on that it's very confusing. It'll be worse in January. But we'll muddle through somehow. :)

Thanks again

Steve

Back
Top Bottom