New guy in SoCal

ResinSaurusRex

Here's a little bit about myself. I haven't really been into the whole MJ scene since the mid 90's when I joined the military. Now I always enjoyed smoking but the random UA's always worried me about pissing hot. Later on I joined the Air National Guard but somehow ended up working in Law Enforcement as a Civilian Employee. I worked for a city then deployed multiple times. Once was for Operation Noble Eagle, then Iraqi Freedom, then Enduring Freedom.

Needless to say I ended up with PTSD but didn't know it. At the time I was still working for a city PD but took a job as a Civilian with the most corrupt agency out there, the DEA. They found out I had PTSD when I admitted myself to the VA inpatient psych and took away my TS clearance so I resigned.

Fast forward to now. I'm about 4-6 months away from a military medical retirement. I have a total of 18+ years.

The VA has already awarded me:
100% PTSD
60% GERD
50% UARS
30% Migraines
10% ankle sprain
10% arthritis
0% high blood pressure
0% hammer toes

This is my plan. I have a double his/hers closet. The spare bedrooms are occupied by kids and outside isn't viable as SoCal homes are just too tightly packed. My tent is 24"Dx48"Wx60"H. I will be running 400 Watt HPS/MH lights. 1 fan dedicated for light ducting and set on the same digital timer as the ballast and light. Two other fans will each run the in and out ducting. Fresh air in the bottom of tent and hot stale air out the top. A clip on fan with a co2 bag will be set above the plants and put on oscillating mode. The grow medium will be fox farms soil.
I plan on FIM/LST and scroging since space is limited and will only go for 4 colas on 4 plants to start off. I will use Indica seeds (I'm having the hardest time finding any in SoCal). My nutes are General Hydroponics.

Can Anyone think of anything else??

Hey Mate, i just joined, too. Im sorry about your illnesses and I am glad you decided to grow your own. guess CO2 might only help you in a sealed Setup when it gets a lilbit hotter in the room. Dont you think i will be sucked out of your room before the plant take it up? You have to check the co2 in the air because it can cause serious health damage or even kill you when you fall asleep in an co2 oversaturated area. Get a co2 meter to see how much it will fill your air witg if you use a continous source of co2

I would switch to cob fitting to your grow space and sell the old Technology. so you run cooler and qieter so you dont need to think about co2 or other fancy stuff to get your closet to a plant pleasing high yield level. Maybe 6x Vero 29 Gen7 at 3500 k with 50W from the wall each. This will yield more then your old tech 400w. Especially on your long footprint. It is a bit pricey in front but it will kick ass for years

What about odor control? Active in and out is good. But keep in mind to filter that tasty but nasty smells and keep a tiny vacuum in the room to suck old air out, nit blow it out unfiltered through some holes in the tent by pushing your intake Fans too hard :)

I haven't started the grow yet. I don't think the co2 would get sucked up right away as long as I adjust the speed in which the fresh air enters and exits since co2 is heavier than room air and should fall down to the plants.

Also, the tent is sealed, as well as one can be. The stale air exit has a carbon filter on it which will be mounted as high up as I can get it. I'll try and get a photo once its set up next week for a critique before I go seed searching.

Yeah, you can test it before you start the grow by measuring the room air before and after co2 application. Then you will be on the proven side if it raises the co2 in the air enough to know its worth it doing this. But with sealed i more mean big completely sealed setups with a lot more plants under almost perfect conditions. If you just do this to get more yield i would advise you to get everything else optimised first and try your best without co2. There a so many people out there getting good amounts of bud per watt without co2. Dont forget it is not good in your home... Or bedroom... Especially for small childens lungs. There is something called co2 narcosis!

Back
Top Bottom