Howdy from NorCal - I'm an aspiring grower - Here to learn

highworthy

First things first, answering some the "Please Read Before Posting" questions.

Do you grow? No, more specifically not yet!

Do you use Cannabis for medicine? I do, as well as recreational.

Do you have medicinal Marijuana in your state? Indeed, in California. With Prop 64 passing, it's now legal recreationally as well. Woohoo!

Do you own anything made from Hemp? Probably something, but nothing specifically.

Are you politically active in the movement to legalize Cannabis? Moreso politically opionated. I am pro-cannabis, I think it can positively impact peoples lives in a multitude of ways both medically and economically. Not to mention it's quite enjoyable :)

We would love to hear your story.

My story is simple. I've been enjoying cannabis regularly for ~14 years or so, and daily for the past 3 years since moving to a medical state.

Cannabis helps me get to sleep more easily, I consume less alcohol, but also makes hangovers way better, awesome for nausea, and motivates me.

I've recently become very interested in the idea of growing this fantastic plant to learn more about it, have a new hobby, meet some new people and save a bit of money along the way.

One day, It would be awesome to say I can sustain myself with a canna-business in someway to be free to explore and spread my love of cannabis, get outside and help educate others about the environment, provide to others in (canna)need.

I look forward to interacting with everyone within the community. I hope to start a grow journal in the near future. Currently I'm exploring what I need for my first grow setup. So far, I'm thinking a 2.75x2.75x5 size grow tent with a 600w HPS & MH grow light setup. Maybe a LED setup one day, to save energy.

Cheers! :Namaste: :volcano-smiley:

Hi and welcome, I'm in norcal as well, what strains are you planning on growing?

I haven't thought that far really. Still trying to decide my exact setup, and how many I want to grow. 4 seems about right though. Perhaps growing 2 sativa strains, and indica strain, and if I can find it, a high CBD strain.

I tend to prefer skunkier smelling stuff, not sure what strains that would be. Normally has "cheese" in the name.

Still deciding seed vs clone. I'll probably start with clones for simplicity sake. There are some local dispensaries in the area I can get them from.

I'm hoping to get started in the new year (I'm headed out of town for the holidays), and ideally harvest before 4/20 if everything goes to plan.

Back
Top Bottom