CBMedzNewb's CBDream Grow Journal - Soil - CFL - 2016

CBMedzNewb

Here is my first Grow Journal, and first ever attempt at growing cannabis.

A bit about CBDream..

Recently added to the Crop King line up, there are no documented grows online (that I have been able to track down) thus far, save one, which is still in the early phases. I figured since I am already underway I might as well take the opportunity to enter the Crop King grow contest, as well as provide a look (albeit probably not the best one hehheh) at CBDream for those that are curious.

Here are some specs from Crop King about CBDream:

Indica/Sativa: 80% Indica, 20% Sativa
Effect: Calming, Relaxing Medical
Genetics: Blue Dream X Original Kush

A bit about my grow..

I am growing in a very tight space with height restrictions, so I will be doing a mini (or micro even?) indoor grow. I am starting out with 3 plants, however I may and probably will reduce that down to two plants for lack of space.

Grow Medium: Soil (Potting Mix, Vermiculite)
Medium PH: Exact ph unknown; within 6-7 range probably close to 7 (used a cheap tester that displays a colour result)
Lighting: CFL
Lighting True Wattage: scalable to 696 Max (multiple bulbs)
Typical temp (lights on): 80F
Typical temp (lights off): 70F
Typical RH: 35% avg
Watering: Tap (300ppm avg)
Watering Frequency: Every 2-3 days as needed
Nutrients: So far only generic phosphorus rich plant starter

The plants are currently day 18 from seed and seem to be growing quite fast. So far I am pleased with their progress. Here are some pics at various stages of growth through to current.

Day 3 - Sprouts have emerged and are growing true leaves.

day328.jpg

Day 10 - Growing slowly but steadily up to this point. Seeing some twisting in first leaves, though from what I have read this isn't a reason to be alarmed?

day1019.jpg

Day 16 - Foliage growing fast, but these plants are very short which is ideal for my small grow space. So far they are 3", 2.5" and 2" in height (ya one of them is really only 2" tall.. kind of worried actually).

day168.jpg

Day 18 - Topped all 3.. so far so good.

day1811.jpg

So that's all I have for now.. fingers crossed.

Hey cbmedz. Subbed up for your adventure. I thought about getting some of these seeds when I ordered my autos. Will see how they turn out for ya and maybe try them for myself next time I order.
Best of luck with the grow, I will pop in periodically to have a peek.

It has been a week now since I opened this journal, and I have seen notable growth in all three plants. Here is a quick progress report.

What I have observed so far from these CB Dream plants is short, shrub like growth.

Runt (Day 26 from seed)
WP_20160409_001.jpg

Beta (Day 26 from seed)
WP_20160409_002.jpg

Alpha (Day 26 from seed)
WP_20160409_003.jpg

Topped the tops with the exception of the runt.

There you go, short and sweet. Have a good night all.

Looking good and healthy so far CBMedz. How tall are they getting to be now? Node spacing nice and close? I will definitely be considering these seeds in my next order from Crop King!

Looking good and healthy so far CBMedz. How tall are they getting to be now? Node spacing nice and close? I will definitely be considering these seeds in my next order from Crop King!

Yep.. took some low profile pics since everything I have posted so far is from the top. They are stretching a bit more since topping them a couple times now.

WP_20160410_003.jpg

WP_20160410_001.jpg

WP_20160410_006.jpg

Just a brief day 33 update for those interested... also looking for advise. Last week I moved these to a new room so I have plenty of space to grow these taller or to allow for stretching. Was planning on switching them to 12/12 next weekend. Any thoughts? Too soon? Too late? It might be worth mentioning that I don't need a huge yield here. Mostly looking for any reason why switching them over next weekend might be a bad (or good) idea.. any advise at all appreciated.

Here's the progress - Day 33

This one has been left to do its thing. I took off the main top once, but other than that she is au naturel.
cbdream3_2_.jpg

cbdream3.jpg

Seems ok.. lagging behind perhaps.
cbdream2_2_.jpg

cbdream2.jpg

Big Mama.. something went right with this one.
cbdream1_2_.jpg

cbdream1_1_.jpg

Cheers!

Hey man. Looking great over there, keep it up! If you have more room for the girls now why not wait another week or 2? If you aren't pressed for room or time you could get a better yield by waiting the bit longer. Your call though depending on the size of your room. They will likely double in size.

Hey man. Looking great over there, keep it up! If you have more room for the girls now why not wait another week or 2? If you aren't pressed for room or time you could get a better yield by waiting the bit longer. Your call though depending on the size of your room. They will likely double in size.

Thanks Dick. That's kind of what I was hoping to hear. Will continue vegging with a bit more confidence.. I got a little nervous after watching a video of a guy explaining that his plant was left in veg for way too long, though he didn't really explain why.

Thanks Dick. That's kind of what I was hoping to hear. Will continue vegging with a bit more confidence.. I got a little nervous after watching a video of a guy explaining that his plant was left in veg for way too long, though he didn't really explain why.

Maybe it grew to big for him after the flowering stretch was done and he didn't realize it would double or more in size. I have read that you can veg a cannabis plant for like 10 years if you want but haven't really seen any ill effects in doing so. It's all about getting the full potential of the plant you are growing but also ensuring you have to room for it. How big is the new room the plants are in?

Maybe it grew to big for him after the flowering stretch was done and he didn't realize it would double or more in size. I have read that you can veg a cannabis plant for like 10 years if you want but haven't really seen any ill effects in doing so. It's all about getting the full potential of the plant you are growing but also ensuring you have to room for it. How big is the new room the plants are in?

I have plenty of height now... could grow them to say 6 feet I guess if I wanted to. I quickly realized that space was going to be an issue in the small closet I was using so I went ahead and moved them into a nice big basement closet. Since I did the move so hastily I now have an issue of smell. No flowering yet and already very stinky. Once I am done with this grow I am going to have to do some work on air flow and filtering etc.. but will just hammer on for now with what I have and hope for the best!

I have plenty of height now... could grow them to say 6 feet I guess if I wanted to. I quickly realized that space was going to be an issue in the small closet I was using so I went ahead and moved them into a nice big basement closet. Since I did the move so hastily I now have an issue of smell. No flowering yet and already very stinky. Once I am done with this grow I am going to have to do some work on air flow and filtering etc.. but will just hammer on for now with what I have and hope for the best!

That's a good attitude to have cbmedz! Always looking forward and keeping your head high. Sometimes that's all we can do is just keep going with what we have at the time. We are always hoping for the best, for ourselves and the others on this wonderful forum! Keep up the good work and I hope things are going well over there.

Flower Week 1 Update

Induction of flowering a success in all 3 plants. Changes have been minor so far.

Observations:

Pistils have formed at just about all internodes with varying degrees of density thus far.
20160502_071842.jpg

Stipules have become long, thin and pointy, as though they want to become thorns.
20160502_070330.jpg

New foliage appears to be coming in very thin now.
20160502_065850.jpg

Short and sweet. Until week 2...

Back
Top Bottom