The Battle - Indica vs Sativa

:welcome:

Moving swiftly on from my last journal this one will be a run much the same - although I will be flowering out two plants this time instead of just the one. However, the aim will be to pull 400g from each plant using only the 600 watt hps.

For this growwhich could be a long one;)

We will be vegging under the 250 watt dual spectrum HPS for around six - seven weeks ( Lets put a provisional flip to 12/12 as July 1st. Along side the two plants there are four autoflowering plants which will live most of their life under the small HPS and a regular afghan that may or may not be flowered outdoors this summer.

The stars of the show are going to be -

Cotton Candy from Delicious seeds (our sativa contender)

A long time ago, the DELICIOUS SEEDS breeders took up the challenge and set to work in our growrooms. Their objective was to develop a plant with enormous yields without sacrificing any of the organoleptic qualities. This strain combines the sugary sweetness of Caramelo and the more delicate floral flavours of South African Sativas such as Power Plant.

The result is a perfect Sativa type plant that is easy to control and which produces large, foxtail buds and whose leaves take on a metallic lavender hue towards the end of the flowering cycle. Branches out considerably, especially outdoors, where the lower branches can get almost as long as the plant's height, which can triple in size during the flowering phase. Easy to trim owing to the small amount of leaves between the buds.

Gives off a very strong citrussy aroma like grapefruit or lime. Very sweet taste with hints of skunk and cedarwood making it even more earthy and citrussy. The very euphoric effect, which is cerebral and almost impercetible in the body, is almost instantaneous and longlasting. A strain with very high levels of THC, some growers have found it difficult to sleep when they smoke our Cotton Candy.

OG Kush from Dinafem (Our indica contender)

OG Kush cannabis seeds by Dinafem Seeds belong to a feminized Indica-dominant cannabis strain that results from the cross between a Lemon Thai/Pakistani and a Chemdawg. It is a high-quality, exotic hybrid that has achieved great success both in the USA and in the rest of the world.

OG Kush carries the initials OG, which stand for Ocean Green, as according to a legend, it used to be grown by the seashore. Very much appreciated in California, it is one of rap stars' and marijuana connoisseurs' favourites. It grows into a stunning, fast-flowering, easy-to-grow, small/medium-sized marijuana plant that produces compact, resinous buds with such an intoxicating aroma that it requires the use of anti-odour filters.

OG Kush cannabis seed performs well indoors, particularly in small spaces and with SOG. Outdoors it enjoys temperate/Mediterranean climates and the greenhouse. It will give a tropical touch to your garden and will seduce you with its taste and aromatic properties.

The flavour and aroma of OG Kush are very fruity, with notes of Diesel, berries and citrus fruit. The powerful effect is cerebral at first, evolving quickly towards a pleasant, relaxing, heavy high. It is the perfect cannabis strain to rest deeply.

:thumb:

The train of thought behind running the two plants instead of one is firstly a little bit of variety in flavours, rather than a ton of jars with the same buds. Also, hopefully the ability to shave off a week or two veg time. The indica will be done a week or three earlier than the sativa so this will allow her enough time to mature without a rushed harvest.

Plus... I think I have been wasting light. The last grow only really covered 90cm x 90cm under the 600 watt hps. Realistically this could be pushed to 1.3 or 1.4m in either direction without a drastic loss of bud density.

I will also be growing taller plants this run, rather than keeping them within the 2ft from top of pot to tip of bud I will be looking to have them closer to 3ft or even 3.5ft.

:volcano-smiley:

Anyway...

This morning three more auto's broke ground, along side the cotton candy. These are now in with the OG Kush, other auto and Afghan which sprouted a few days earlier. So all our plants are above ground and making a start in the right direction.

Again for this grow I will be using canna coco as the growing medium with an added 20% clay pebbles and canna coco nutrients for the nutrients.

IMG_2563_1_.JPG
IMG_2567_1_.JPG
IMG_2564_1_.JPG
IMG_2566_1_.JPG
IMG_2565_1_.JPG

I have my money on the OG Kush. She is quite the grower. Why stop at 400g each, shoot for the kilo! If this will be anything like the last one, it'll be a great one! Best of buds my friend. :popcorn:

Well if you get a kilo from each plant then you'll need to more jars in and you'll have a supply that will last you an age. With that much i would be tempted to use some of the high grade buds for concentrates. Oil, bubble, tinctures - the possibilities are enormous without having to worry if you will run out of bud.

I have my money on the OG Kush. She is quite the grower. Why stop at 400g each, shoot for the kilo! If this will be anything like the last one, it'll be a great one! Best of buds my friend. :popcorn:

Hmm... Kilo's are a funny one for me. Last time I used them as a goal I found myself in front of a judge. :volcano-smiley: I think, auto's included the harvest will top 1kg though ;)

:welcome: Everyone ;)

I probably started this journal a little prematurely. Plants are only seedlings at the moment, And as you all know... Seedlings are boring :):)

Think I need to take some bud shots of the curing Northern Lights Blue
We have a NLB boring little seedlings now :thumb: excited to seem the buds!

Back
Top Bottom