Jack The Ripper

What strain is it? TGA Subcool's Jack the Ripper - 5 regular seeds. Named for a good reason as it is an absolutely killer weed. The remarkable thing about this true 8 week Sativa Haze is its incredible lemon smell and heavy resin production. It has been described by UK growers as the best 8 week Haze ever produced. There are 2 main phenotypes both with a Lemon Haze smell and short growth. One of them has the tendency to have more a pine aroma. This outstanding marijuana plant will produce triangle shaped spear buds that practically stopped active calyx growth early and produced abundant amounts of resin instead. The taste is a delicious cocktail of lemon, mango, pine and hash with a heavy haze influence. The high is instant, hard hitting and long-lasting. Helps stimulate the appetite, combat the pain and paranoia.

Grows: Indoor / Outdoor
Harvest: 8-9 weeks
Sativa/Indica: 70/30
Hybrid: Pluton x Purple Haze x Lambsbread x NL x Jack Herer x Romulan x Cindy99BCGA

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Started germination of seeds today at noon.

If in Veg... N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soilless.

If soil... what is in your mix? SSM#4 Advanced.

If soil... What size pot? 4" at first, then I'll transplant up to 2 and 5 gallon pots.

Size of lights? 3 weeks of 24/0 under a 125 watt full spectrum CFL, then 3 more weeks of a 250 watt Agrosun for veg and a 600 watt HPS for flower (12/12).

Is it aircooled? The light reflectors have 6" and 8" inline fans, and air circulation has a 4" inline fan.

Temp of Room/cab? around 80 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 43%.

PH of media or res? I don't check it.

Any Pests ? Some gnats.

How often are you watering? I expect to water every two to three days.

Type and strength of ferts used? 4" pot - nothing, 2 gallon pot - FF granular grow nutes (I'll post pics of the bags later), and 5 gallon pot - FF granular bloom nutes, along with compost tea feedings.

I'll post pics when they show the first row of leaves. :)

I Always admired your crosses Pot!

Think of any Ripper crosses?

It appears I'm just in time for the beginning of what I'm sure will be one heck of a show. Got my popcorn handy and I look forward to seeing your girls grow.:popcorn:

Hey :) Here's the first pic. They're stretching just a bit but I put them right under the 125 watt CFL and they're going 24/0:

0012934.JPG

Notes: First, the plant in the back left corner in that pic isn't a part of this grow. It's a GDP S2 seedling.
Second, this is the kind of stuff that makes me nuts. See the back seedling in the right corner? I thought I messed up and planted two seeds in one pot because the middle pot on the left had two seedlings come up in it. I was thinking that I always plant them one by one; how could this be? Is that why this one pot doesn't have a seedling in it? Well, what I did was take a toothpick and do a little soil surgery to get them apart then put the second one in the pot that had nothing come up in it (the back right side one I mentioned). This morning I looked and there's two seedlings in that pot. I've had two headed seedlings before but never got the second one to live; maybe that's what it is? I guess the only way to tell is to grow them out and see; I'll try to get those two apart later today.

Pretty cool i had a twin plant I separated as soon as they grew cotyledon leaves and the smaller one died after a few days so i am following along

Hey welcome sorry it's been a few days here I've been busy. This is the biggest Jack the Ripper seedling and next to it is one that's about the average in size (they vary in size from 1" tall to the one in the pic):

0022848.JPG

In 1-2 weeks I hope to move these under a 250 watt Agrosun bulb. My GSC plants are doing good under that light. :)

Well I know I haven't exposed these plants to any other ones I have. I also know I have had plants that show the signs of TMV. And now on my biggest Jack the Ripper seedling I'm seeing the same signs:

0052414.JPG
0062136.JPG

I cleaned the unit these are in prior to the start of this grow. I think myself that it's far too early in the life of these seedlings to show signs of infection if they've been infected from another plant. If they were born with the virus it would make sense that they would show this soon. And then again I could be mistaking some common seedling deformations with TMV disease. But I'm starting to wonder how well this industry we deal with to get our seed stock checks for things like this.
I'm going to put this Jack the Ripper seedling in with a Cheese IBL grow I'm doing now (to somewhat isolate it). The best thing that could happen here is that it turns out male so that I can cull it. I keep what I have and do to myself, but I still don't want to be an irresponsible grower and spread plant disease.

I've got it on another plant of mine, but it spreads by contact and they've never been in the same room together. I don't touch the JTR seedlings with anything, I cleaned the plant pots and the unit with bleach water, and as soon as those seedlings sprouted they went in that locker. This is the very first time this plant has had the TMV virus too (it's in another grow tent).
Chemdawg D BX3:

0081806.JPG
0091609.JPG

It's in a corner of a tent with four different plants that aren't getting cloned or revegged. I need to get rid of this virus.

Jack the Ripper - 3 weeks and 3 days from seed under a 125 watt full spectrum CFL set at 24/0:

016794.JPG

I top dressed the gallon of soil I transplanted them into with FF's Happy Frog Fruit & Flower and watered them in with compost tea. They look kind of weak; I hope I can get my bigger veg tent opened up soon and get them under a stronger light for their size.

Back
Top Bottom