Cosmic Dave's First Time

Cosmic Dave

I first want to thank everyone for the help and inspiration you all have already given me through your grow journals.
My adventure had its beginings early this year while sitting at the local watering hole as i was deep in thought over a cold adult beverage soon after i had dropped a hefty sum on a quarter of some crappy brick weed. In April i finally bit the bullet set a budget and fired up the computer, I ordered a 4x4 tent, 2 LED lights, PH meter, PPM meter, Hydrometer, 2 6" clip fans, Fox Farms Nutrients, CalMag,Silica Blast, Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil.
May 1st I threw about 25 bag seeds that i'd been saving for about a year in a glass of Mineral water and let them soak for 24 hrs. then i poured them into a paper towel which was folded and put into a DVD case which was placed on top of my cable box for 24 hrs. I ended up with 14 sprouts which i planted into Solo Cups with FFOF, all 14 seedlings had broke ground by May 5th and were placed into the tent under two Mars Hydro 300w LED Grow Lights. I was also Gifted 3 plants that were about 3 to 4 weeks ahead of my seedlings which were about 12" tall and in gallon pots these were also placed in the tent. I'm now about six weeks into the grow all the plants have survived with the only setbacks being a little nutrient burn after i transplanted to 1 gallon pots. i also had some type of bug problem, I noticed that some of the leaves were being chewed so i got some Bayer Natria and sprayed the crap out of each plant this clared everything up and ive been about 3 weeks without any reocourance. As of today the 3 older plants are in 3.5 gallon buckets and i will transplant the rest into 4.5 gallon buckets, Last week i culled the 4 smallest/scrawny plants which were taken and planted outdoors leaving me 12 plants. i will also cut another 4 or five today which will also be planted outside with the others. The plan is to veg for two more weeks cut the number of plants to five and flip the lights from 18/6 to 12/12. I also have increased the lights to 4 Mars Hydro 300w LEDs, I'm working on uploading pictures!!!

Equipment:
IPower 4x4x7 Grow Tent
4x Mars Hydro 300w LED Grow Lights
Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil
Fox Farm Grow Big, Big Bloom,Tiger Bloom
Botanicare Cal/Mag & Silica Blast

DSCN4075_1_.JPG
DSCN4074_1_.JPG
DSCN4072_1_.JPG
DSCN4070_1_.JPG

Yesterday i transplanted 4 of the "Girls" to 4 1/2 Gallon buckets the plan was to transplant 6 but i ran out of dirt. I'll pick up a bag tommorrow and choose my other two canidates. i still plan on fliping the lights to a 12/12 and wait for the 9 to show sex the i'll hopefully end with at least 4 or 5 girls any more than that will be moved outdoors.
Temps have been averaging 74 to 81 degrees with 40 to 50 percent RH.
I've been watering with ph'd tap water that has set open for atleast 24 hrs to let the chlorine evaperate. My local tap water only has 79 ppm so i think im in good shape there? So far i've only given them Cal/Mag once, Silica Blast almost every watering, and i have done just plain ph'd water once or twice. The new 4 1/2 Gallon buckets took about a gallon of water each before i got any run off, I hope the waterings last a while till i find my final 4 or five girls because 9 gallons of water each time is a pain in the ass!!!
If you've botherd to read this far please leave a comment i'd love some interaction with like minded folks.

Welcome aboard Dirt, I think you are right about overwatering she seems to be perking up today. That plant is one I grew from seed, I FIMed ( pinched the top ) when the plant was a week or two old and other than pinching a few fan leaves that is how she grew.
I look forward to reading through your grows I'm sure I'll learn plenty.

I transplanted 2 more plants to 4.5 gallon pots, I also culled 3 plants which will go live with there sisters in the outdoors. So I'm down to 9 plants in the 4x4 tent I'm planning to do 24 hrs of darkness Saturday starting at 6 pm and flip to 12/12 6pm to 6am. I've got to find some blackout cloth to cover the window in the room I have blinds then black plastic and a painters tarp over it now but I still get a faint glow of light from the sun but no light shows to the outside at night if I have the tent open. I'll try and update some pics later, no major changes or issues to report.

For the past week I've been pondering how am I going to water these girls as they grow bigger I afraid I may break limbs moving them and I'm also thinking about stretching a SCROG net across the top and start tucking limbs as they strectch during the first of flower. If I do that moving plants will be out of the question. Today I remembered that I have a submersible pump in my shed that is brand new. I went to the orange box store and bought a 20 gallon Heavy Duty rubber trash can, a 3 ft watering wand and a 50 ft self coiling hose. I'll now measure out 8 or 9 gallons of water then mix my nutrients and PH in my trash can which will sit in my spare bathroom tub so no real worries about spills. I'll just have to remember to shut off the pump when I'm done. I can use the pump to mix everything I may get a airation pump later but for now I'll just mix for each watering.

For the past week I've been pondering how am I going to water these girls as they grow bigger I afraid I may break limbs moving them and I'm also thinking about stretching a SCROG net across the top and start tucking limbs as they strectch during the first of flower. If I do that moving plants will be out of the question. Today I remembered that I have a submersible pump in my shed that is brand new. I went to the orange box store and bought a 20 gallon Heavy Duty rubber trash can, a 3 ft watering wand and a 50 ft self coiling hose. I'll now measure out 8 or 9 gallons of water then mix my nutrients and PH in my trash can which will sit in my spare bathroom tub so no real worries about spills. I'll just have to remember to shut off the pump when I'm done. I can use the pump to mix everything I may get a airation pump later but for now I'll just mix for each watering.

If you can create some sort of "waterfall" to trap air as it falls in the water... you can somewhat aerate you solution... Not as well as an air stone but it's beneficial. I used an aquarium waterfall system to aerate my water for a good while, before I got air stones.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Back
Top Bottom