1st Grow - RDWC - Multi-Strain - 2016

mooshu

Hi-oh everyone,

I'm mooshu, and am now happy to begin the first grow on 420mag. :420:

The system I'm currently running is a rdwc hybrid.
grow_1_full.jpg

in the veg I have a 40 gal. reservoir and 5 gal buckets. in the flower I have a 70 gal.
-medium is lava tone
-five gal buckets 6 all have aeriated stones
-they are top feed by a reservoir pump
-drain to recirculatory

The light for veg is a Chinese knock off of a 16 bulb t-5 (nothing wrong with Chinese)
grow_1_16_blb_floro.jpg

- all bulbs are blue spectrum, you may ask well why not red, or a blend of some sorts. I desided that blue is good for now an I don't want to add any red spect just yet.

The light for Flower is
grow_1_full_light.jpg

-2 1200w COB

-1 1200w

plenty of goods for now.

now on to the goodies

OG Kush (blimburn)
grow_1_OG.jpg

pineapple express #2 (g13 labs is a little on the sativa pheno side)
grow_1_pineapple_2.jpg

2 bubbas gift (Humboldt seed organization hso)
grow_1_bubbas_girft_2.jpg

grow_1_bubbas_gift_1.jpg

mango sapphire (hso)
grow_1_mango_sapphire.jpg

Black D.O.G. (hso)
grow_1_black_dog.jpg

these all came sprouted from seed on june 10th

Nutirtion (got to have them nutes)
-General hydro 3pt flora
grow_1_FloraduoExpertRecirculatingfeed.jpg

if your asking yourself, is he really using all of this let alone full streangth?
God no I use about a 1/4 an only using the 3pt. with great white. I want the great white to colonize the roots then ill feed there premanufactured tea brews (floro plus, diamond nectur etc.)

-great white (thank god for this)
I had temperature problems and ph as well . I added this with a water chiller, omg it does oneders for them roots.

PH: 5.8 - 6.2
ppm: veg early (200-400)
flower (not there yet, I don't know how they react)

well that about covers it please feel free to add some constructive criticism (it always helps for imrovements) and or no's no's to the bunch. tell me what you think is wrong or what to avoid as I would do the same for you. thanks everyone :circle-of-love:
much love :thanks:

:420: mooshu

Very nice well thought out design and constructed RDWC :thumb:

I see you are growing in a tent, the only advice I can give you off the top of my head is do not let them get to big before you flip them or you will end up with a tent like mine, I ended up culling 2 of my 4 plants because they were literally getting no light because the other 2 were just so big. I am a little curious if you plan to clean your buckets when you do your res change or if you are cool with just letting it ride?

I don't know what to tell ya. they are indica dominant and not to big of stretchers. its an interesting wait but, itll be some low hangin fruit for sure. as far as the cleaning buckets, no, the drain to waste set up on it is only capable of holding half inch of water. the deal is I flush with clean water an never have to engage into the buckets what so ever. the profit comes easlily just cleaning the resivior and nutes exchange. I was worried about ,the root rot. but I have a chiller and great white now they are unbelievably white. its difficult to open buckets when its in its gaining training mode. so I keep them closed at the moment. so I sit an wait until they are at a sertain height then feed the 1212 scedual. but this is purly skeptical. plenty of what ifs. the veg is not a tent the tent is for 1212. I'm worried about light bleaching?

Sounds like I may have to do some reading on your style of set up, it appears to be much less work then mine, that is for sure. As for the indica verse sativa for the size issue I was referring to I was not merely referring to height, yes my sativa exploded when she flipped and easily did 3 times the growth in flower but my other plant is indica dominate and it has a 4x4 footprint as well, just not as tall thank gawd.

I definitely like your set up and will be following along if for no other reason then to learn more about your set-up, though from my experience with DWC you should have a fantastic grow worth watching.:thumb:

For sure for sure... I'm not dogging you on whether one is better then the other, Ive noticed super silver haze sapose to be sativa dominant not saying the pheno was sativa or indica I don't know to be honest... become a shorter plant. No harm no foul there until other sectors an factors come into play. Older in this set of 5 drain to waste buckets I wasn't anticipating on these indys being so little, let alone so slow small growth. If there was some forbidden knowledge of how to make a indica like this become quicker I'd be so on board with it. To bad I can't say the same for its neighbor sativa as in some cases would love for it to be a little less aggressive. I expect something to be on the seeds saying Warning these will stretch, these could be squatty , but most would be ignored as its not in that line of thinking for that specific grower. And most strains are bait and hook because they have built a reputation of being good or bad seeds. I got this set up by an old friend who luckily treated me with his knowledge and know how which strengthened my approach to using hydro. I never enjoyed soil I've listened do many say soil less drain to waste does just as good if not better then recirculating. These don't need to be hand watered they run on a submersible pump turns on every 15 minutes to the hour (15 on 45 off). The problem is letting the roots establish a foundation to prove there worthy of sustaining the system not only that the feed (hi-lo) I've notired a sense of establishment in one month veg then go to 1212 or flower you have 2 rooms and harvest every month with 60 day strains that way you never have inconsistency. I like this system it's not dirty, if I want to tear it down its clean no worry of dirt, black dirt is not my choice of cleanliness. I like the in put old please help yourself to anything you maybe curious about... I'm just a little mmj patient who is not in to harming anyone's opportunity to loving what thay do, I treat it with kid gloves so to speak.

I appreciate and thank you all for your time. Of course yours as well old.

Sounds like I may have to do some reading on your style of set up, it appears to be much less work then mine, that is for sure. As for the indica verse sativa for the size issue I was referring to I was not merely referring to height, yes my sativa exploded when she flipped and easily did 3 times the growth in flower but my other plant is indica dominate and it has a 4x4 footprint as well, just not as tall thank gawd.

I definitely like your set up and will be following along if for no other reason then to learn more about your set-up, though from my experience with DWC you should have a fantastic grow worth watching.:thumb:

have you noticed your reservoir or buckets getting hot

Back
Top Bottom