1st Time Grower - Afghan Kush - 100W CFL Lights - Organic Soil

Dro92

First time grower here! My plant is on its 4th week since planting the Afghan seeds. so far its been going good I been learning several things I never even knew about shoutout to Masonman, Nivek, GreenMachinee, MetalPoet, WillysMom, and Deprivation for the help, advice, and knowledge they have shared with me. I know theres much more to learn and so much more to do which is why I have created this journal. I water both plants around 2 times a week basically once I feel the soil dry and feel the pot light. with lighting I have been using a 100w CFL light and put it around a inch or two away from the plants for 16-18 hours. I sometimes put the plants outside for natural sunlight, once the sun isn't hitting so harsh, for about 2/3 hours max then put them back inside with the CFL for the remainder of the day. its still on a 18/6 schedule. so far I have no questions just have to have patience and keep everything under control.

420-magazine-mobile104232710.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1694709043.jpg
420-magazine-mobile548883093.jpg
420-magazine-mobile37077362.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Cheers dro,, keep the lights close friend,,

Quick question. I have these plants under 100w CFL lights. Should I look into getting some with more watts?

depends on a bunch 0 stuff,, however,, i use all 23 watt cfl's, and i am a happy grower, one does not 'need' bigger bulbs,, perhaps just more bulbs,,

check out the link , below, on electrical safety,, i build a cfl light panel in there,, still using it and like the results better than my led grow,, maybe

perhaps y'all might want to check out the watering potted plant link as well,, it is useful indeed

Update: It's been a month exactly since I planted. Plants continue to grow and have not had any problems. They're still on a 18/6 schedule. Out of curiousity I smelled the plant and it already has some sort of smell to it lol idk if it's just me but it's getting me excited lol one of the plants I had planted did have a issue it began turning yellow. I added a little bit of nutes when I watered it just to see if it will help it after doing some research. I'll upload some pics of it in a couple minutes

420-magazine-mobile839057971.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1799130378.jpg
420-magazine-mobile925879548.jpg

Here is the plant that began to yellow. After talking to my bro in law he confirmed that this plant indeed got some damage on its stem caused by something falling on top of it. I do remember checking up on the plant and it was really bent so I added more soil to it to make it more stable. After doing some research I added a bit of nutes and have been extra careful with it. Hopefully this one can still make it and overcome its stress
420-magazine-mobile254145149.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1226254776.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1884467399.jpg

If those dead leaves bother you, just pluck 'em.

I'm concerned they are over-watered. That plant could go 10 days easy before it needs water again. It shouldn't need any nutes either. It's just a seedling. There is more than enough nutes in the soil to carry her for 2-3 weeks.

Over-watering is the single biggest mistake new growers make. Let the plant tell you it needs water by waiting for it to wilt slightly. The soil will be almost BONE DRY at that point from the top of the pot to the bottom. Dry, dry, dry...

/dry

UPDATE:
So lately I been worrying about if either these babies are male or female. One of them is much more mature than the other and I believe it has finally revealed its gender. Sadly it's looking like a male ... but I'm not to sure. I'll leave pics of the plant. Feel free to comment!
420-magazine-mobile1517918521.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1115513090.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1110407056.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1191624101.jpg

Yup, it's a male. Great pics BTW.

Was that the big tall f'er?

Thanks man. Yea it was the more developed one. It hurts knowing my effort and time went to waste but I gained so much knowledge and now i know what it takes and how they should be treated and grown. I'm satisfied with its growth and how healthy it has became. So Now i have one more plant left hopefully it's a female . lol either way I'm planning on buying some seeds online that way I know they're female and don't have time wasted and get straight to work

Thanks man. Yea it was the more developed one. It hurts knowing my effort and time went to waste but I gained so much knowledge and now i know what it takes and how they should be treated and grown. I'm satisfied with its growth and how healthy it has became. So Now i have one more plant left hopefully it's a female . lol either way I'm planning on buying some seeds online that way I know they're female and don't have time wasted and get straight to work

Definitely wasn't a waste if you learned something.

I bet the other is a girl...

UPDATE: This experience is super dope man lol I've seen this plant grow so much in such little time Everything has been going good not to long ago I threw away the other plant which was a male. I was curious how good its roots system was doing so I took it out and man its roots were all over the place in a good way of course lol. So I been wondering when should be the right time to transplant this plant which has 5 nodes. I will post some pics up fee free to leave any advice, feedback! Happy growing fam!
420-magazine-mobile271330611.jpg
420-magazine-mobile643186021.jpg
420-magazine-mobile995842549.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1674762259.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1991483683.jpg

You still have a few weeks in that pot.

Looking good...

For sure my dude thank you! This one is looking way bushier and much more thicker from the main stem I'm hoping it really is a girl!

Heya dro,, cheers friend,,

The plant above the dirt will only grow as big as the plant below the dirt will allow,, if the plant below the dirt is maxed out, then the plant above the dirt will not grow to its potential,,

So, iffin you are planning to repot to a bigger pot, I would do it now, while still managable, and allow the upper plant to stretch its legs, so to speak

Plant lookin good,, female karma sent friend,, male karma kept here,, cheers dro

Heya dro,, cheers friend,,

The plant above the dirt will only grow as big as the plant below the dirt will allow,, if the plant below the dirt is maxed out, then the plant above the dirt will not grow to its potential,,

So, iffin you are planning to repot to a bigger pot, I would do it now, while still managable, and allow the upper plant to stretch its legs, so to speak

Plant lookin good,, female karma sent friend,, male karma kept here,, cheers dro

@nivek thank you for all the info my brotha! . I'm thinking of transplanting it today, I have a question tho, I watered it yesturday.. Do you have any tips or advice on important steps I should do when transplanting?

Thank you my friend!

Not really, I like to pack the new soil in a bit, water it in well after transplanting, then have a beer,, cheers dro

Hi man, your plant looks great, do not worry about the male as it is useless (both worrying and males). You can bury your plan up to the very first leaves and she will grow roots from the round stem. I agree to re-potting right now as there will be roots lying on the bottom of your container and circling it. Try to loosen them up a bit when re-potting I didn't do it on my first grow and the rootball did not get much bigger. Use clean hands. Also add some worms to your pot, they will make the life easier for your girl. Happy growing, you are doing great. :thumb: :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom