LED Grow BlackDiamond/Perfect Sun - Autopot - NL x Haze - Haze Auto - NL Auto - LST

1StTime

Hi and welcome to my first journal and first grow ever . I would like to said that I have been reading this forum inside out for the last past months before I started growing and you guys are awsome , I have learned a lot .

Here is my setup
2.4x1.2x2m grow tent
BlackDiamond Perfect Sun 1000 - love it !
15L Autopots and 48L reservoir ( a little small I know )
Grow Medium - Coco coir + clay pebles 60/40 with a 1.5 inch clay pebble base
SmartBag Co2 - good stuff I think
6 inch extractor fan + pro rhino filter
I ve been using 5.8 PH water , nutes from DutchPro ( Take Root , Original Grow Hydro Coco A+B for Veg and Original bloom A+ B , Also a little CalMag , Some epson salts at the begining and PH up and down stuff ) .
Air temperature is between 19-21 celsius during the night and 24-28 during the day - hoping the co2 helps .
Water temperature : 22 celsius sometimes aired with an airpump and airstone and I always use an Ozone generator with an air stone as soon as I fill the reservoir , before i add any nutrients or ph balancing solutions to be sure I have a bacteria free water .

Seeds are as follows

1 tried to germinate 10 Sensi seeds NL5 X haze ( not feminized - my bad when ordered - look carefully when ordering seeds ) - lucky for me they were a bad batch as only 4 sprouted and sensiseeds agreed to to exchange the whole lot as they said they are doing testing as a result of many complaints - at least it s not my fault :)
2 had a 5 pack of Amnesia Haze Automatic from Royal QueenSeeds - about 2 years old - didn t do any research , didn t try the sand paper method and only 1 sprouted
3 had another 5 pack oh NL automaitc from Royal Queen Seeds same story as above - 5 sprouted , 1 died

So we have 4 NL5 x haze - boy or girl time will tell , 1 amnezia haze automatic and 4 NL automatic .
After a rough start , as I said I am a beginer and I experimented with germinating in dry whool and I am pretty sure I stunned them in the begining but they are recovering nicely . That s it for now , I will get down to reading about how to post pics and will do that next :)
They are all about 1 month and 1 week old so they are just now begining to look nice

Should also say that I am using multiple tehniques of LST - at time turned super-cropping by mistake :) , topping , manfolding so I can choose what works best for me in the future and also for these strains . a fun little project I am enjoying very much . feel free to subscribe :)

Happy growing

this is my setup , pretty simple , but effective
IMG_92732.JPG
IMG_92763.JPG
IMG_92773.JPG

Germination in rockwool - the small ones till the roots pop out then into the bigger rockwool cubes :)
IMG_91831.JPG
IMG_9195.PNG

And the plants , they are already grown up and I didn t take to many when they were small .
you can see the different tehniques . I don t know if you can see but 4 of them have a tiny aluminium patch on the pot to tell them apart . the 4 ones marked are the NL automatic , and the other 4 big ones are NL normal . the last one is the Amnesia . ENJOY !

IMG_9296.JPG
IMG_92953.JPG
IMG_92942.JPG
IMG_92932.JPG
IMG_92923.JPG
IMG_92912.JPG
IMG_92902.JPG
IMG_92892.JPG
IMG_92883.JPG
IMG_92873.JPG
IMG_92862.JPG
IMG_92853.JPG
IMG_92842.JPG
IMG_92833.JPG
IMG_92822.JPG
IMG_92811.JPG
IMG_92802.JPG
IMG_92793.JPG
IMG_92784.JPG
IMG_92722.JPG
IMG_92713.JPG
IMG_92704.JPG

Enjoy

also tape over the lights on those extensions as they will cause problems for plants in flower as room wont be blacked out. dutch pro base is like cats piss but the explode is spot on.

get the dust cover on our carbon filter as it will greatly shorten life of filter without.

put your sticky trap at pot height also.

goodluck.

Tks for the tips . the tent is actually half empty , the half behind the camera has only the reservoir in it si plenty of room to expand , might need a light mover tho .
@ Cultivator - using pebles and coco because it s my first grow and that s what I ended up using , work like a charm so far . Also , the light is BlackDiamond - Perfect Sun 1000 they are really well built , good fans and look really durable . I picked up some hang rollers from e bay , really durable - they look like they could hold me up no problem . Much better than the incorporated hanging system , worth every penny !
The sockets lights are taped up for the one that does stay on all night , the other one is just for the lights and it goes completely off at night .
Will get the cover for the filter ( it didn t came with one - was bought second hand from somebody )
Wil move the bug traps :)

one last question :given that 5 of my babies are automatic and the other 4 are not , what would be the best way to go ? I was going to wait untill the autos are 2 moths old, they should be well on their way by then, and switch to 12/12 . Would that affect the auto yelds too much ? or should I just finish the autos and then switch to flower the rest of them ? I am thinking they would be really big at the switch :))

tks for the tips , looking forward to more if anybody has any
happy growing

Looking great here! Glad to see lot of healthy plants! Looks like there might have been some early heat issues with those leaf edges curling up.

Anyways as for the autos I would really try to finish them under full light hours. That is what they are made for and that's how you get good results with them. I see lots of people putting them in with their vegging crop since they finish quickly and there is not much foliage in the tent at that point. Then you finish them and pull them out before the rest flip to 12/12.

Besides, vegging your photos longer can only help them! Just keep them stable give them time to build up and store energy and they will reward ya for sure. Cheers:welcome:

I thought that PS 1000 has to be on a light mover. Will be interesting to see what happens when your plants get taller. :popcorn:
I was thinking about getting that PS 1000 for my flower tent, but have not decided yet.

@hyperluv - yes , that-s what i ve heard too , but the light is so strong that you can raise it high enough that it doesn t burn your plants but still gives out a lot of light - will buy a light meter soon to find out just how much in what part of my tent, but Im loving the lights either way , they are not your usual cheap built , cheap looking LEDs .
@Young Yoda - I was thinking about finishing the autos and then switching , think I will do that now , can t hurt , can it ? and yea , they had some heat issues in the strty as I had not set my in/out air flow and it was also pretty hot outside, problem solved now with October here .
@ cultivator - I was on a pretty weak nute sollution until this week , and all the plants seem to agree with what I mixed in , only time will tell. can t remove them from the system now because I don t have nowhere left to put them :) they will just have to get along like good little sisters until the end :)
Tks for the tips guys and happy growing

Update
Finished the manfold on this one , topped again at the 3rd node and cleaned out growth from second node , leaving just node number 1 and number 3 . she will love it I am sure . She looks pretty healthy . hope she turns out a girl :)
IMG_93045.JPG
IMG_93053.JPG

and group shot and the other side of the tent

IMG_93075.JPG
IMG_93083.JPG
IMG_93094.JPG

Looks fun in there!

Okay since I was urging you on with the autos I do want to add that Cultivator is def right about the nutes possibly being a problem. I'd take the autos out of the autopot system so you can manage them individually.. Yea it'll be more work but you'll be a lot less likely to have major nute/pH problems.

Also, if you have any dark hours at all I'd expect to start seeing some pistils on those autos soon. Maybe on some lower nodes you already pruned? Have fun looking :)

Hey 1stime, great training you've got going on. A little of everything, it's the only way to see what works best for you. It's going to be hard when each one is going to just as productive as the next... Good luck on this grow, I'll stick around for the show. Keep us posted and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

The 4 NL5 x Haze will be 5 weeks old tomorrow from seed - pretty sure I stunned them in the begining
The 4 NL AUTOMATIC will be 4 weeks and 1 day old today
The 1 Amnezia Haze Automatic is 3 weeks and 4 days old .

@ Yoda - Forgot to say the plants are on 18/6 at the moment . I will keep them all on a low-medium veg nute solution for now , unless I encounter some problems , seems to work fine since they got bigger , no stress from that at the moment .
The only problem I might see in the future is the room temperature as I can t put in a protable AC due to the usual evacuation problem so will have to do with a big fan blowing air into the room for now , I do hope the CO2 helps with the slightly hight temperature , I had all sort of twisted leaves from heat in the begining , but then added evacuation and intake and it got a lot better :)
No buds yet but am looking forward to them soon .

@Snidrajsed - tks . I am looking forward to giving you the show :)
Personally I like how the manfold one looks . the healthiest of the lot

another question for whoever may know
The big plant in my pics is also NL x5 Haze , stressed when sprouting . you can t really tell in the pics , but the nodes came out uneven since the very start , no 2 nodes were at the same hight .
I read that happens to clones , any ideas ?

Another update :) sorry to see this thread has not caught the eye :) but I am still having fun .
Yesterday I finished the manfold method on one of the NL x5 - the method I used for anyone interested is all explained very nice , beginners and advanced growers will love it :
https://www.------------.com/manifold
more LST skills I picked up by reading @thebeast27 journals on auto topping . They have really helped me
Did some more LST today , meaning I am moving the soft ties up a node . they are looking delicious .
I have just now realised what you said about different nutes . the autos will need flower nutes soon . is it a problem if I still use the veg ones till the autos finish ?
And now some fotos

This is the NL x5 with the uneven nodes
IMG_93102.JPG
IMG_93113.JPG

and the finished manfold
IMG_93162.JPG
IMG_93172.JPG
IMG_93181.JPG

the amnezia auto
IMG_93192.JPG

the other autos
IMG_93212.JPG
IMG_93222.JPG

group shot
IMG_93231.JPG

Re: LED Grow BlackDiamond/Perfect Sun - Autopot - NL x Haze - Haze Auto - NL Auto - L

Count me in;) i wouldnt say u need to defol yet just let grow.off to a great start .nice size tent and an awsome light quality.and happy plants.good work:) il be here watching best of luck;)

Re: LED Grow BlackDiamond/Perfect Sun - Autopot - NL x Haze - Haze Auto - NL Auto - L

Subbed in. I want to watch this light in action. :goodjob:

Tks guys . I ll try not to let you down :) update coming a little later . Anyone on the nutes ? should I just remove my non autos from the tents at the 12 hour mark so I can make them flower ? but that is a whole other story , needing a new tent and ventilation, not to mention moving them everyday. i think i will remove them from the system further down the line , we ll see how they act

happy growing every1

Ur autos will still finish under 12/12 if u cnt move them mate.they will still flower;)

Back
Top Bottom