My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

The Germinator

The seeds came from a dispensary. I put two of them in rapid rooters 6 days ago. I now have two small plants and a root about one inch long. I transferred them today to my two five gallon buckets . I put the water in them about four days ago to let chlorine dissipate. Yes I used tap water. I adjusted ph to 5.8 before transplanting into clay pebbles. My grow room is in a corner of a room. Actually an indentation ,like a closet ,three walls 48x48x84 ..i put a dark out curtain as the front. Using dollar store silver reflective winshield covers for the walls . Using two 100 watt cfl,s per plant at the moment. I planning on putting a 600 watt mh lamp under them later. Currently flowering some potted plants in another room.
Have not yet added any nutes. Will be adding the flora trio. Prob tomorrow. This is my first ever hydroponic attempt. Thats why I only have two five gallon buckets. Will add more info soon. This is my first journal also.
20161128_113557.jpg
20161128_113542.jpg
20161128_113520.jpg
20161128_113508.jpg

It keeps telling me to pick a sub forum but wont let me pick any

Sent from my 5054N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I clicked on forum the post new thread. Then you copy your thread url. There's a thread on how to start a journal.. Will go find it and post

Pretty sure I started it lol I will put pics tomorrow

Sent from my 5054N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

you can add a link to your journal in your signature, let me know if you need help.

Looking good, nice and sturdy seedlings since you are giving them plenty of light :goodjob: Also good call on the Rapid Rooters, I firmly believe that they are superior to any other "plant starter" plugs on the market :) I will happily follow along your grow, our babies are around the same age so this will be fun to watch them grow up together!

Looking good, nice and sturdy seedlings since you are giving them plenty of light :goodjob: Also good call on the Rapid Rooters, I firmly believe that they are superior to any other "plant starter" plugs on the market :) I will happily follow along your grow, our babies are around the same age so this will be fun to watch them grow up together!

Thank You. Yeah I love rapid rooters. Just germinated six more seeds. Three days and have one inch roots. I have my own little way of using them. Stick an ice pick down the center. And also put the big end down. So they stand up better. I germinate in a one dollar foil pan with clear a clear lid that I put a couple small holes in. I don't get them very wet. Love them.

Will follow your grow also.

Will post pics tomorrow of the above plants. These have grown a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I also made a 20 gallon tub dwc. 6 3 inch net pots. Will post pics soon. I wish I knew what the seeds were. My nephew gave the to me. He said they were from some good hydro from a dispensary. Big healthy seeds. Tannish. Not dark brown. I did order some that I will know what they are. That will be in another journal. :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1256736196.jpg

Six days old now. I added 2ml of each flora trio. Still don't see roots out of the 6 inch baskets yet. Lowered the water level to just touch the bottoms. It was about 1/4 to a 1/2 inch inside. Stopped watering from the top a few days ago. Ordered z7
Ph 6.5
Ppm 270
Water temp 73

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

When I plant in the middle of the netpot it usually takes 9 to 12 days before I see a root out of it.
Should I lower ph or the temps? Raise Ppm? Feel free anytime to give advice. I won't be offended.
I am very good at germinating seeds and outdoor grows but haven't proven myself on indoor yet. I have a lot to learn and I am researching all the time. Btw my soil plants I am growing are Very Berry OGD.. I got the seeds in Oregon at the summer fair 2016 for free. I also got about 2 ounces free weed that day. It was awesome. There's some videos online. Thesummerfair.com I apologize if that link isn't allowed. I was there :)

pH is a tad high. Optimum in dwc is 5.8 You can slowly raise ppm, keep an eye on your plants response. Easy to tell if you've gone too far, they'll show burnt tips within 24 hrs. Take it easy on them and you'll do fine. Ck my journal for week to week nutrient recipes, photos, and ppm readings on my hydro girls. It'll help give you an idea of how to keep track of the important data. It's also the best place to catch me if you need help or have a question. :) Good luck.

pH is a tad high. Optimum in dwc is 5.8 You can slowly raise ppm, keep an eye on your plants response. Easy to tell if you've gone too far, they'll show burnt tips within 24 hrs. Take it easy on them and you'll do fine. Ck my journal for week to week nutrient recipes, photos, and ppm readings on my hydro girls. It'll help give you an idea of how to keep track of the important data. It's also the best place to catch me if you need help or have a question. :) Good luck.
Ty. Will lower ph tomorrow. I can't see you sig links on 420 app for phone. But I will check them when I get on the computer.

Adjusted ph to 5.8 this morning. checked my 20 gallon tub and ph was almost 8. had me second guessing if i ever adjusted it. adjusted it to 5.8 also. they are looking good, the ones in the 20 gal tub are in 3 inch pots, which i think i am not liking 3 inch pots, i can see the water in the res through the hydroton. anyone else dislike 3 inch pots for tubs?

Back
Top Bottom