Big Buddha Cheese x Cheese: First Time Grower!

Jarimuana

Currently stealth growing x5 feminized Cheese x Cheese. 100% Indica so should produce nice bushy plants as well as blowing my head off! Plan to only keep 4.
The sacrifice will help me determine the best times to transplant and LST / Topping experiments.

I saw no reason to start in the tent until they're bigger so they're currently in my cupboard which I made minor adjustments to.

I'm currently using:
-10cm Starter pots. (will transplant to 3-4 gallon smart pots)
-Using CFL 23w T5s for veg (will switch to HID's when they go in the tent)
-Plant Magic soil+
-1x1x2 Lighthouse Max
-RVK 100mm extractor
I will introduce equipment/additives as the journal progresses.

The girls are 19 Days old on a 24 hours light cycle. I decided to plant the seeds instead of using kitchen roll germination. They have come along really well. They have however had a little heat stress judging by the crinkle ridges in the leaves but they haven't tacoed. Keeping temps between 23C-26C humidity between 60%-80%. Sometimes the humidity falls as low as 40% and the temps have risen to 29C so I'm trying to be more mindful.

I've come across something but I can't determine the cause. Some of the leaves have warped from an early age. Any suggestions there would be appreciated. It should be visible in the photos?

The bottom leaves on each plant has consistently turned yellow. I'm attributing this to Nitrogen deficiency perhaps? It's a mobile element so I've not panicked too much as the lower leaves will become redundant anyway. I'll buy some nutes in the next day or so and start them on a 1/4 feed.

PHing 5.8. The soil is self buffering has some nutrients to cover for the first 3 weeks and has mychorizea.

Frequently open the doors for a few hours allowing me to lower the lights during the day.

I've been holding off on the water until pot is mostly dried out. I would have watered them sooner but I wait for slight drooping before I water as I want the girls to push roots. Watered them about 2 hours ago so I won't be waterin again for a couple of days maybe 3 depending on how well I maintain my humidity.

I use the lower part of the cupboard to generate humidity. I spray the lower half and occassional poor some water onto the floor as the edges are sealed with frame sealant. I want to avoid spraying near the plants because of the mineral sediments.

I hope to learn scientific elements to growing as well as hobby grower's experience so please all feel free to ask questions and criticise me. I will keep the journal frequently updated so please join me. Shades on. J rolled all I'm missing now is my sandals. Share the love fellas!
420-magazine-mobile189964913.jpg
420-magazine-mobile599487868.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1358274849.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1951057883.jpg

<- Day 12
420-magazine-mobile891575683.jpg
420-magazine-mobile480202765.jpg
<- just see days later. (Day 15)
420-magazine-mobile1768409214.jpg
Day 12 close up if the big girl. She's got strong phenos as well as being the large seed. She would make a great mother plant.
420-magazine-mobile741865461.jpg
Day 15 still.
420-magazine-mobile1839490804.jpg
Day 17

Today's Photos! I'll probably upload some more tomorrow after they stop drooping so you can get a clearer picture. Please give me your advice/opinions on the yellowing? Thanks Guys enjoy the journal!
420-magazine-mobile992190074.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1430594184.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1390294127.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1022265243.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1853039825.jpg

Sent from my SM-G361F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Over watering. Cannabis prefers dry over wet. Fill another pot with the same soil. Weigh it while it's dry. That will give you a base weight, and when your plant is getting thirsty they will be very close to the base weight. Bet you find your plants are plenty wet.

They have been feather weight since last night. They were watered about 3 hours ago though. It had been 4 Days since their last watering? Are you certain? I check the weight is almost weightless and then I check it after I've watered until past run off point

My Grow Journal In Progress

Search out MajorPITA or Emilya's writings about watering. Then look at page 61 of my perpetual journal below. Droopy leaves, yellowing from bottom says over watered to me...however I'm a hydro grower. You could post in the FAQ forum. Be aware they will want more info. This will help you there.

How to Ask for Grow Support

420-magazine-mobile1880016503.jpg

420-magazine-mobile183914606.jpg

I've moved the girls from the cubby to the 1x1x2 Lighthouse Max grow tent.
The picture beneath that is my exhaust setup. It's a 4 inch RVK inside a cardboard box I've customized to suitably house the fan with two holes each side for the acoustic ducting I'm using. It's currently packed with insulation and wrapped up in my favourite sofa throw!

Tomorrow I'm transplanting to 10" or 12" Black pots.

Plant update: There hasn't been much growth because of two things. The first is because I Fimmed them 3 days ago and the second because they have outgrown there homes.

I previously mentioned that I was only keeping 4 girls. Last night I picked the runt and imported her to check on the roots. From what I could see there was lots of visible root but no real indicator that it had began to spiral. I don't know if that's because I've caught it in time or because root bound looks different in square pots I don't know. I did manage to pull some of the roots apart and my guts tells me it's not as dense as it could be.

Regardless I'm headed to the shop tomorrow so I can transplant them.

Been looking around for a place that sells RO water. There is a local aquatics that sells it but I need to take the containers in to be filled.

Downside to sleeping in the grow room.. Cold... upside to sleeping in the grow room. High CO2 output.

I'll post same time tomorrow with photos. Thanks loyal followers your presence warms my heart!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hello Growers!
Today I transplanted the girls.

17 Litre / 3.7 Gallon square pots. 50L Plant Magic premium soil
20L Perlite

They look good but I'm worried I've watered them to much.

I'll be keeping temps at 24C and humidity around 50-60% and in a few days I'll switch them to a MH lamp. Hopefully before the new year we will be switching to flower.

I hope to see some new growth soon and will update when there is anything to update you on!

420-magazine-mobile691901632.jpg

I am currently doing blue cheese, it's a great strain but weird phenos, I love Barney's but won't do there blue cheese again. I am going to do there vanilla Kush and critical Kush, just to do a Kush winter, then summer plan on doing some Afghan strains, am looking for a good genetic Afghan lemon strain. Any suggestions anyone??

Sent from my Robin using 420

Hey guys thanks for showing an interest. Though I'd offer you a photo uodate.

They are looking super perky and they have a nice colour to them. I think they like their new containers!

I think new growth has started again but it may be too soon to tell. Hopefully means the transplant didn't stress them too much. Not sure if the FIM I did a week ago has worked. It was my first attempt I'm not sure if I'm seeing two nodes or two main shoots

My Big Buddha Cheese x Cheese Grow Journal:

420-magazine-mobile62655279.jpg

420-magazine-mobile811965363.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2081763106.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1145294141.jpg

I'll give a proper update in a day or so!
Akuna Matata

I am currently doing blue cheese, it's a great strain but weird phenos, I love Barney's but won't do there blue cheese again. I am going to do there vanilla Kush and critical Kush, just to do a Kush winter, then summer plan on doing some Afghan strains, am looking for a good genetic Afghan lemon strain. Any suggestions anyone??

Sent from my Robin using 420

Barney's Amnesia Lemon

Hey buddy. I've just come over from the other thread where we were chatting. Nice journal so far. I like your exhaust up through the chimney!

I grew out be cheese before they back crossed it again about 6 years ago. I had th yellowing of the lower leaves the exact same. I've grown out a few different strains but over 6 years ago now. This was the only strain I got that yellowing so early on. Now it could be its a nitrogen whore or its just the strain...

What is your exaction cm3? If you know that is...it seems you are very well equipped to keep the temp down.

I know the cheese from bb was a great smoke 6 years ago but now they have backcrossed it again it should be even better. Believe it or not I got 3 different phenos when I grew it out years ago...all yours seem pretty steady. I'm gonna roll and smoke...ttyl

Hey buddy. I've just come over from the other thread where we were chatting. Nice journal so far. I like your exhaust up through the chimney!

I grew out be cheese before they back crossed it again about 6 years ago. I had th yellowing of the lower leaves the exact same. I've grown out a few different strains but over 6 years ago now. This was the only strain I got that yellowing so early on. Now it could be its a nitrogen whore or its just the strain...

What is your exaction cm3? If you know that is...it seems you are very well equipped to keep the temp down.

I know the cheese from bb was a great smoke 6 years ago but now they have backcrossed it again it should be even better. Believe it or not I got 3 different phenos when I grew it out years ago...all yours seem pretty steady. I'm gonna roll and smoke...ttyl
Hi Paddy good to see you again thanks for the love. I've been neglecting my journal for a few reasons. One being nobody seemed interested. Another was I accidently gave them nitrogen toxicity a couple of weeks ago and was ashamed to admit it haha.
I'm fairly new to this. Here's a pic that will show you my cm pull.
420-magazine-mobile920436921.jpg

I'm on the 4" RVK right now. I wrote down 5" and 6" specs too as I'm upgrading to a larger more capable fan as believe it or not I struggle with temps what with the MH.

I was meant to be buying a fan and LEDs today but my wages are late so it's going to have to wait until tomorrow now boohoo! :'( I'm super eager to switch them to 12/12 but until I can get some more ducting to put on the tent intake port I can't guarantee light spillage. So as said, tomorrow hopefully.

I take it your only waiting before you grow due to where your currently residing ? Growing is a waiting game so to wait before you grow is a damn shame haha!

From your experience will 5" RVK be sufficient to keep temps and humidity down during the flower? I know you will be using the 1X1X2 so perhaps you have past experience with it? Naturally occurring humidity is low here anyway god bless the UK but I've never got to flower before so I don't have that experience.

So did the plants die? If so are you doing another?

Cheers for the specs on the fan. Yes waiting to move back into my own place....I've never grown in the tent but I've grown in a smaller space.2 foot by 2 foot with a 250w hps. I have about 10 grows under my belt on that but was along time ago.

Buddy, maybe you don't know too many Irish people but calling us Paddy, as an Englishman is not cool.

Couple of things on the grow....if you decide to use ro water you will need a cal mag supplement. Also I think if you want to give your plants a better start don't let them have the type of soil you chose until they are at least 2 weeks old. You have two options, leach the crap out of some soil you currently have and use that or buy an unfertilised soil for starting them. If you do this your plants will grow much quicker.

Back
Top Bottom