DWC Bubbler Grow Tent First Attempt

Odorous

Whats up guys.. been watching these forums for hellllla long time now finally decided to join

Learned so much from all the people on here so i thought id put up my grow so maybe others can learn from the dumbass mistakes im sure ill make along the way. any help will Definately be greatly appreciated

Not good with all the stats n info n stuff but ill try n put as much as i can for what i got goin on.. its gonna be a perpetual harvest (hopefully) with a closet veg (which i just started yesterday) and a 39''x39'' grow tent.. have t5 flouros for the closet and 400w hps (grow tent) coming soon

itll be a hydro bubbler i built myself after watching like 4 or 5 of you guys do it :p ... just 4 net pots in both veg and flower.. the veg is the only one up n running now, obviously, i have an air pump (dunno what size) hooked up to an air wand about 16'' for air supply.. i DID have a ghett-0 water pump on the inside keepin the rockwool moist while the roots are still reaching but decided to jus get it outta there n keep em watered by hand manually.. under 18/6 right now and Roughly 150 ppm nute strength (roughly cuz im new to this stuff, it fluctuates :/).. everytime i check the ph its like 6.6 but its cool i bring it down everytime .. twice a day so far but its only been 2 days lol... idk how long its gonna take me to figure out how to post pics but ima keep it updated... any questions Holla!

Hola!

That setup should provide you with a nice perpetual grow.

The 3' X 3' grow tent is nice because there are lots of hydro trays and systems that come in that size if you wanna get one of those down the line.

My grow tents are 32" X 32", so options for commercial systems are more limited.

I lurked here for quite a while before jumping in. Glad you're aboard!

+rep for de-lurking;)

here's a link for uploading pics:

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

cat

testing 1 2 testing

IMG_00505.JPG

IMG_00514.JPG

yeah i know its a white tent :/ ... my friend that sold it to me actually works in a hydro store n was tellin me that there was only certain brands that actually had the "poisonous gas" issue from the glue in it and this was def not one.. lets hope he tells no lie ya?

thats the flowering tub(27), like i sed, i still have a good bit o fun stuff to buy but i have some time so.. all that crap in the front of it was actually a previous experiment.. i was going to do a RDWC and use that as the res but decided against after about 2903847 leaks ha... so i cut some holes in it n plan on jus dwc right in it for flower.. and i think it waaass.. berrydizzle? that had this setup once and just used a pump to get the water out, which is what ima try n do.. i have a water pump (the one im NOT using for the veg i sed from earlier) that has a place to hook up hose for INTAKE as well as exhaust so i wont even hafta keep it in there =D... but yea i kinda rigged the front of that thing to close off the holes i made in the front and put 2 clear tubes there so i can watch the water level at least without crackin it open everyday... i wanted to test the water thru those too but im sure it wouldnt be accurate

Bad news... (is it still news if no ones paying attention? lol..)

day3
IMG_00525.JPG

IMG_00532.JPG

IMG_00612.JPG

IMG_00603.JPG

so i lost 2... i DONT think roots have gotten near the water yet when i pulled em out but when i did so, i realized the rockwool was Completely Dry and i had been at class all day n hadnt checked since last night.. i wanted to check this morning but i didnt wanna F up the dark period :/... really wish i wouldve now!

really wish i woulda kept that pump thang i had goin on in there too damnit! o well.. im going to keep the survivors watered well too... im not TOO heartbroken cuz my initial plan was to grow all 4 and take clones from each and flower them to find out if theyre female then just take 4 clones offa female and start over again in that tub with 4 females so i still have a 50/50 shot...

also, the lil ones look like they gotta lil yellow in them :/... thinkin maybe 150ppms too much right now but idk whether to make a whole new res or just let them grow into it... cuz by the time the roots hit water and really start drinkin im guessing theyll be big enough to handle 150ppm... anyone got any ideas??? itd be sweet if sum1 filled me in on sumthin... thanks

hmm i was just thinkin... i think ill leave the res the way it is and make a diluted version to keep on the side to water the rockwool with.. since manual watering will be their main source of nourishment

lol i just Really dont wanna pull that thing out n make a whole new rezzzz!!!!

Just to let you know that people are following your grow.

Sometimes it can feel like your talkin' to yourself, but there is a silent audience.

Sorry you lost two seedlings. I'm not a hydro person, so can't give you much feedback on that.

hang in there bro!

Welcome, nice little setup ya got there. Sorry for ur lose on those two youngling. Did u soak the rockwool plugs in 5.5 water for a day? Also, u might have an issue if ur checking the ph twice a day n it's 6.6. Is ur res air tight water evaporation can cause ph increases like that. Plus it won't hurt the seedlings ya got to be in water with n airstone in it. I've never had any problems with the water level being halfway up the net pots as long as ya got an airstone in it.

Nice set up man! I like using those tents as well from time to time. there well worth the money. Also have to say the hydo set up is tits. Im in! :welcome:

hey guys thanks for your responses! this sites great

ss: thanks dude! ill remember you bein the first IF this turns out to be quite successful :/ haha i appreciate the kind words amigo

deadtour: yup thats the idea right now.. whether or not im actually doing thaaat im not sure lol.. well see there was this thing where supposedly that when the white tents go hot, the glue in them released a vapor that killed all your plants.. n sposedly thas why the switch to the silver/mylar jazz.. idk if its just a selling point at the store but i got this one for cheap sooooo wish me luck thanks for stoppin by

Stretch: hey stretch thanks for stoppin by.. hm when i peer in that lil hole i got in the side for the air hose i do see a LITTLE light but not like a "sharp" light ya kno what i mean?? like not a straight up light crack but it is a lil dim.. i was thinkin thas cuz the lights so close to the lid right now which wont be a problem for long.. and my flower box lid is black and thick as hell as far as thats concerned there... i think what it was is.. i filled my net pots with hydroton that i had JUST rinsed off in tap water while they were in this system (dumb) so a lotta of lil pebbles and maybe sum salts built up on the stones were screwin with the ph.. its slowly coming around i didnt have to change it tonight, just this morning a lil... oh and the only reason i was worried bout them hittin the water is cuz the water is 150-160 ppms right now :/ .. i was thinkin thas a lil much for em.. but what i did was take like half a cup outta that and mix it with 5.5ph distilled water to dilute to like 70ppm and im watering them manually with that so im thinkin by the time they DO hit the water they should be strong enough for 160ppms... that sound right?? well we'll see i guess thanks a shit ton for your info brotha

bud08: thanks dude! im all about the diy :p i was the kid trying to be the macgyver smoker n create crazy bongs outta stupid shit when i had nice glass right in front of me haha so im takin my time to make sure this isnt a make shift shady operation.. o well like i sed we'll see, i gotta lot to learn... thanks for stoppin by

weedy!: i been watchin your grow from the shadows for a couple weeks now.. lol my veg box look familiar?? ima getta deep one like yours here eventually, tryna save on $$ with the nutes right now :/.. thanks for the input although i SO just learned that the hard way haha.. thanks for stoppin by amigo

o yeah nutes btw are just AN Grow A and B and Liquid Seeweed!!!!.. my friend was tryna set me up with this huge nute schedule with like all kindsa bloomboosters n shit.. idk if ima go for it this time through, probly just used AN Bloom and Grow ... again, well see.. ill keep yall posted for sure

sup yall.. jus updatin with pics.. prolly not too interesting, not much change but i digg it cuz it never looks like any growth til i compare pics ha... then i notice a lil.. i think these 2 will be fine, still diluting the nutes from res before i hand feem em via turkey baster =D

finally gotta battery for my thermometer, you can see the sensor in the overhead pic
IMG_00692.JPG

IMG_00703.JPG

well call this one plant b(back)
IMG_00712.JPG

and this one plant a
IMG_00721.JPG

for fun, thought this was coo lookin ha
IMG_00733.JPG

^---- ive had a digi cam since christmas n now ive finally found somethin sweet to do wit it =D ... ill prolly b puttin a good bit of pics up if yall don mind

day4!

i plan on taking this shot everyday, n hopefully, (if i dont butcher these things) itll make for a slick slideshow after its all said n done
IMG_00783.JPG

plant b
IMG_00793.JPG

plant a
IMG_00803.JPG

IMG_00814.JPG

well my tents like 6' or so but i was thinkin bout havin em finish at about 3 ft... probly take em outta veg around 1.5ft ... i really want to scrog but i dont think you can if you switch em to another room for flower.. does that sound right?.. cuz you switch to 12/12 once the screens almost full... probly jus a lot of training lst n fimming

Looks good man... I hope your new seeds make it. Those two look awfully lonely in there.

I'll be watchin bro...

well my tents like 6' or so but i was thinkin bout havin em finish at about 3 ft... probly take em outta veg around 1.5ft ... i really want to scrog but i dont think you can if you switch em to another room for flower.. does that sound right?.. cuz you switch to 12/12 once the screens almost full... probly jus a lot of training lst n fimming

It should not be a problem to do something like a scrog even with another room for flower. What you will want to do is start training them soon so that they will have a canopy.

Once you have the canopy started, throw them in the next room and over time as the buds start to come up more, start moving them around to allow for other bud sites to produce and get through the screen. The best part of scrog is that you control where you want the buds and branches to go.

let them grow to about 8" then start training. It will take some time for them to heal but once they do just let them veg for a good week to recover and then flower or try to get to the hight that your looking for.

Lookin good!

Back
Top Bottom