White Widow Indoor Veg Outdoor Flower

I started some White Widows a few weeks back and I'm about to start feeding them nutes and I want to document the grow a bit, so here we go!

What strain is it? Greenhouse Seeds White Widow

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? It's an Indica/Sativa hybrid from Brazilian and South Indian genetics.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? About 5 weeks old in Veg

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor Veg, Outdoor Flower

Soil or Hydro? Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil with nothing added

What size pot? 1 gallon black plastic pots

Size of light? Veg Chamber - 2x150w LED panels, 3 25w LED spots, 8x50w household CF bulbs.

Is it aircooled? CPU fan running exhaust system.

Temp of Room/cab? Ranges anywhere from highs of 100 to lows in the 40's or 50's (f)

RH of Room/cab? Usually very high. Same as outside.

PH of media or res? 6.5ish water comes out when I water it.

Any Pests ? Various and frequent

How often are you watering? Depends on the temps. I feel the soil frequently.

Type and strength of ferts used? Advanced Nutrients Grow, and Technaflora Awesome Blossom . I'll be starting at a 1/8 strength mix of the Grow and AB and up the percentages if I don't see any damage. I'll also be testing on 1 plant first before feeding the mix to the other babies. I'll be suplementing the mix with SuperThrive at 5 drops/gal and Silica Blast at the recomended strength.

Picked up these fem'd seeds from Greenhouse Seeds. About 1/2 of the seeds failed to germ. This is a set of 4 that I germed at the same time.
The pots have little colored sticks in the soil and I'm using the different colored stick to identify each plant.

This grow includes an interesting tri-leafset WW that I'm interested in. Every leafset this plant has created has been in sets of 3 instead of the normal 2 including the seed leaves. It's unusual and interesting.

They're all looking quite good and coming along fine. WWWhite is a bit smaller than the others. One of the plants I'm going to keep in the veg cabinet as a mother for cloning. One of the plants is going to be moved outside sooner rather than later.

Here are the plants. Stand up tall for the visitors my babies!

White Widow Blue
WWBlue.JPG

White Widow Red
WWRed.JPG

White Widow Green
WWGreen.JPG

White Widow White
WWWhiteSide3.JPG

WWWhiteTop.JPG

Cheers!​

Forgot to mention....

White Widow Green is marked as my clone mother. She has a thicker trunk and looks quite healthy. She's in a smaller 1qt pot. I want to keep her in a smaller pot in order to keep her smaller.

The Veg cabinet is in an outdoor shed. There's no cooling and minimal heating. Cold weather is rarely an issue, but the heat and humidity are wicked.

Cheers

Heats been stange this year. June was very hot but July and August were a bit low, and quite tolerable. Usually, Aug and Sep are the killer heat months.

I'm happy the WW's have done so well so far. Day temps are averaging around 90 and they seem quite healthy. My Ice doesn't seem to tolerate is quite so well, and the Diesel I grow does mostly ok in the heat.

I've got a heat resistant strain coming my way soon. I'd love to get it established before next year's heat.

The humidity around here makes winters wierd. One of my friends phrased it well... "It's like living in a cold wet blanket". Mold can be an issue in the fall and winter months.

Cheers!

Tead, In a lot of ways, the climate and conditions you are growing outdoors in allows you to grow really hardy strong landrace Sativa's. South East Asian Thai/Buddah would be so ideal in the yard for you. Or, it combined with a SuperSkunk mother to get the stink up when in flower.Sound Familiar???

Green Mother

Forgot to mention....

White Widow Green is marked as my clone mother. She has a thicker trunk and looks quite healthy. She's in a smaller 1qt pot. I want to keep her in a smaller pot in order to keep her smaller.

The Veg cabinet is in an outdoor shed. There's no cooling and minimal heating. Cold weather is rarely an issue, but the heat and humidity are wicked.

Cheers

Keeping a potential mom in a small pot to control the size is not a wise decision IMO. U can cause complications with root rot or a rootbound plant. Remember that the conditions below will be reflected up top. My advice would be to let the roots get established well in the one gal and and then transplant into a deep 5-7 gal pot in ur FF soil, 25%-35% perilite (for aeration and drainage), and dolomite lime. U can control the height with topping when u take ur cuts. U can also keep the interior thinned out (taking cuts from various places in the middle of the plant) for good circulation through the interior and the canopy in order to fight complications with humidity. Just a little something to consider. I'm in too. Good luck

Re: Green Mother

Keeping a potential mom in a small pot to control the size is not a wise decision IMO. U can cause complications with root rot or a rootbound plant. Remember that the conditions below will be reflected up top. My advice would be to let the roots get established well in the one gal and and then transplant into a deep 5-7 gal pot in ur FF soil, 25%-35% perilite (for aeration and drainage), and dolomite lime. U can control the height with topping when u take ur cuts. U can also keep the interior thinned out (taking cuts from various places in the middle of the plant) for good circulation through the interior and the canopy in order to fight complications with humidity. Just a little something to consider. I'm in too. Good luck

An excellent point ot consider. I had already tossed that one around a few times in my head. You bring good points to the talble and perhaps I'll toss her in a bigger pot and put her in the corner of the grow cab and let her cook along quietly as I pull babies from her.

Watered WWBlue this morning with a 1/8 mix (1ml Grow, 1/2tsp AB, 1/2 tsp Silica Blast, 1/2tsp SuperThrive in a gal of ph6 water).
I'll watch her for 2 days to make sure there are no negative impacts, then feed the others.

Cheers!

Have ur PHed ur nutes b4 watering? if so what is it? Then have u PHed the runoff? That leaf crinkling is often the 1st indication of a PH problem (from my experience). Another point I forgot to mention about the transplanting potential mothers to larger pots, BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER WATER!! Water lightly the 1st week to allow the roots to grow out/down in search for moisture. If u fail to do so (as I have so many times b4) the roots won't develop well and the water sits in the media for extended periods of time causing soggy soil complications like root rot, fungus gnats, stunted/slow growth, nutrient deficiencies etc. So water lightly circling around the edge of the pot working ur way inward to encourage roots to grow toward the edge of the pot. Strong roots, strong mom. Just wanna save u a little trouble.

Thanks for the pointers BWC!
I do ph the water. It goes in at 6 and usually comes out at about 6.5.
I have a pretty good sucess rate with transplanting. I'm usually transplanting from the seedling cup to my grow pots. Usually, my babies don't even notice, but they don't have big root systems yet. I'll be putting the pot with the existing plant into the larger pot and cutting the pot out around it. This should minimize any shock action, the soil's the same, so I hope to really avoid any issues. Most of the new root growth will be downward as the current pots are similar in circumfrence... the small pots just a good bit shallower.

I just peeked in on Blue... she's still looking perkier than the other plants.

Cheers

lookin nice buddy. so you veg inside and flower out side?

Yup... I have an outside veg cabinet under 23hr light, and when the babies get big enough, out the door they go.

This works well for me for many reasons. Every time I've tried to grow the babies outside, they get raided hard by bugs. A larger plant can handle the attacks much better. I get a very quick veg cycle under the 23hr lights. I can maintain mother plants for clones indefinately. There are lots of other reasons... and probably just as many to do it other ways. Works well for me and my urban backyard. The 365/year growing season doesn't hurt either!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom