First Diesel Grow (bagseed)

Marbles420

This is my first grow of an unknown strain of diesel started indoor on May 12. I randomly piked 2 seeds from some bagweed I got in a desperate time and to my surprize they both are female, 2 out of 2 ain't bad, eh? These were germinated in 2 days and then planted in potting mix using 6" pots with extra drain holes I added, the seedlings in the photo are 2 days old.

diesel-sprout_day2.JPG

Ok, I'm impressed with this girl for her massive budding, she feels like one solid bud all the way down the tree. Her pistils are pale compared to the other plant. Her odor is almost identicle to Redskin's yet unique in a way that I haven't pin-pointed yet there's the obvious diesel smell that dominates.

paleface_bud-01.JPG

OMG! Marbles420 those pistils really are something else! Absolutely Beautiful! Keep it up!

+reps for many reasons.

#1 for having some gorgeous ladies.
#2 for being a Diesel vet like myself
#3 the red pistils are amazing :D

I grew NYC diesel, and they reeked of ruby red grapefruit, could that be the smell you can't identify?

First of all, thanks to all of you for your comments. :thanks:

You may have it tronix, it's hard for me being a first timer in this field of gardening, I don't eat grapefruit and can't even remember what they smell like but that might be what I can't identify.

I know that no 2 seeds are exactly alike and this is what I see in these plants. They came from the same bag of bud but that doesn't mean that they came from the same plant.

Thanks for the idea Bro! I'll do some more smelling analysis :smokin:

NUTES & SOIL: I used the poorman's stuff mainly because I was rushed and have no local availability of quality products, expense is an issue too but I'd rather use the good stuff when possible. I'll have more time to prepare before the next outdoor grow season when I'll put my new found knowledge to work on my Haze and Kush seeds that I set aside for now.

I started these out in 6" pots first using MG Organic potting mix then I switched to "Super Soil" potting mix, perlite and sphagnum peat moss into 1 gallon pots until next transplant.

I vegged with MG Blood meal, MG Bone meal, Alaska Fish fert, Epsom salt, "Super Thrive" concentrate and filtered PH water of 6.5 average.

When I transplanted outdoors around the first of August, I first picked the optimum lighted location and soil composition. I have somewhat sandy desert soil with good drainage. I prepped the big holes by first flushing with lots of water making sure to soak the surrounding earth well then adding some potting soil, bone meal, blood meal and the plant. The plants never showed any sign of stress or wilting.

I continued veg feeding with the same until days later when I finally determined their gender, then I stopped the instant nitrogen ferts completely and began using MG Bloom Booster 15-30-15, Epsom salt and Super Thrive concentrate, I may use a little bone meal in the soil for one last time before the final flush. The blood meal that was added in the hole when planted should be enough for the balance of the grow term, it's a slow release type fert.

I will continue this routine until the first of October when I'll stop the nutes and flush the earth well with water, harvest should be mid October. This will allow the 2 week period for the plant to drain it's nutrients from the leaves.

To be continued... :smokin: :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom