"Genie" bagseed 1st grow

Marbles420

This is my other first time grow that is growing in my window with ocassional days outside when wind is permitting. Started May 7 from a seed that I found in a bagseed bud of an unknown strain. I believe it's Indica dominant by later observations.

0-Genie_week1_seedling.JPG

Day 37 and vegging nicely, a rapid grower too. It measured about 37" tall, an average of 1" per day.

1-genie_06-13-09_day37.JPG

I used poorman's nutes, I started these grows late in the season and nothing to start with. I couldn't find anything of quality out here in this desert community so I had to settle for the MG junk but next season should be better now that I learned a few things from my first grow.

For the vegging I used mostly blood meal, fish ferts, epsom salt and Super Thrive concentrate. The water is carbon and sediment filtered and PH'd to 6.5 on average yet regulating this when using ferts.

For flowering I used Bone meal, MG Bloom Booster 15-30-15, Super Thrive and epsom salt. I don't like the high (N) in the bloom booster but what the heck,,,, urgh!

On day 46 I took 7 cuttings from lower branches and placed them in a homemade cloner using a few parts of plastic cake trays that I saved for this purpose. I used the Jiffy cubes that many say not to but I didn't have much choice, my wife bought them for me, lol

2-clone_dome.JPG

2 days after planting the 7 clones. I found that it helped to keep moist by placing a little water in lower tray, I also misted the inside of the top cover. I also added a few drain holes in the mid tray (black) that allows moisture to rise to the upper chamber.

3-clone_dome_06-24-09.JPG

Mother Genie on the left, she's in a 3 gal pot using Super Soil potting mix, perlite and sphagnum peat moss. The other mature plants on the right were in 1 gal pots but are now transplanted outdoors, you can see them in my other journal; "First Diesel grow."

First Diesel Grow (bagseed)

The clones were transplanted into 6" pots using plastic covers from CD spindles, I cut a hole in the center of each for ventilation.

The window curtains have a white backing that reflects light very well, I propped up a stick across the surrounding furniture to hold the curtains over and back from the plants, I keep the curtains drawn closed for reflection to be effective, it works great for indoor window growing.

4-genie_veg_day57.JPG

Day 84 and pistils are obvious. I knew that this baby would be a female because the seeds I found in the bud were very few, the producing plant must've hermi'd, this is a benefit to buying bagweed even from a dispensary, you never know. I found a seed in an 1/8 ounce of Master Kush that I got from a dispensary but it turned out to be retarded, it grew to 4 inches after 2 months and wouldn't flower either so I smoked it and actually got a buzz. :grinjoint:

6-genie_pistils_07-30-09.JPG

By the way, those are some gorgeous girls! +reps for some great first grow results. I wish mine was going so well, I think I have a male:( Great Job!

By the way, those are some gorgeous girls! +reps for some great first grow results. I wish mine was going so well, I think I have a male:( Great Job!

Thanks a bunch AmGrowR, I started with 12 plants, all were fem's but one of my cats got in the room when I wasn't looking and he yanked the whole plant out of the pot, it was young but if it were still here today it would be a Genie twin, double the pleasure!

I can't imagine a male, I expected at least 2 males because of the seed source but lucked out with all fem's.

I hope you have a good grow, if not now at least the next one. :smokin:

Time to ask a question,

Does anybody have any idea what this strain might be? In addition to the photos,

the buds are quite sticky,
the pistils are thick and white,
a fast grower,
the odor is a cross of pine and a hint of skunk, it could be a sour grapefruit scent too,
when I touch the buds and rub my fingers together it smells like cat urine.

The bud that I got the seed from smelled a bit like grape or a light citrus, nothing like this raw bud does.

Any ideas anyone?

:thanks:

Time to ask a question,

Does anybody have any idea what this strain might be? In addition to the photos,

the buds are quite sticky,
the pistils are thick and white,
a fast grower,
the odor is a cross of pine and a hint of skunk, it could be a sour grapefruit scent too,
when I touch the buds and rub my fingers together it smells like cat urine.

The bud that I got the seed from smelled a bit like grape or a light citrus, nothing like this raw bud does.

Any ideas anyone?

:thanks:

Your asking peeps to find a needle in a haystack. Can you get a better picture, maybe with flash against a white wall, I myself have unknown bagseed(provided by friends) and right now my two plants are extremely different. One which has the better looking budz, is very frosty and smells like fruity pebbles or fruit loops, while the other doesn't have much of a smell unless you rub some trichomes(off of a leaf) and it is a very citrus smelling plant. By these characteristics alone each plant could be from over a hundred strains. The last 20-30 years alot of experimentation and cross breeding has led to an explosion of wonderful strains. There are alot of strains which are similar with slight differences in phenotypes, heck even strains that produce plants with different phenotypes but come from the same plant(cloning). I am no expert but i reckon that an expert would need a sample in hand to give an honest opinion. Of course even tho a plant looks yummy...it might not even produce that much THC...you never know.

Musik \\\vVv///

Back
Top Bottom