Oh my just another first time grower

Please rate my success

• Total voters

SupremeGreen

So its my first time growing (so what lol) I have only one flouresent t5, one clone(been veg'n for almost a week),one small fan that dont move, fox farm soil,foil for reflection, and tap water that i let sit out. I know i got some crappy stuff but I dont wanna spend money thats not really needed. Im going to get a 400watt or 600 watt mh/hps hook-up with the reflector and all. Im ging to get my plants but im still working on wich is better clones or seed. It kind've seem like a no brainer but im a rookie what do i know. I would think that seed are better simply because it makes the clone so i would figgure seeds produce bigger yields? Is the foil damaging my baby? Her tips are yellow and burnt looking. Its very small spots. I removed the foil and raised the light slightly. Any tips are always helpfull! She has been growing I cant say rather its fast or slow but i do see a branch or two coming out daily. Yes the branches have leaves on them five fingered green ones lol!!

And by the way she's skywalker and suggestions?

Ya know... not to sound like a high school english teacher... but 1 big ass run-on paragraph makes it really hard for your readers to follow along.

Are seeds better? Each technique has it's pros and cons. I, personally, use clones rather than seeds, but there can be MANY reasons to go with seeds. As for the yield... there's really not a significant difference tho some say that repeated clones loose their "vigor".

Foil can cause hot spots.. but you've hit that issue already.

Hard to say much about your yellowing. Photos speak a thousand words and all. Any nutes involved yet?

Check this link... How To Ask For Grow Support
You'll get much better responses when you include the info we need to help you out.

Cheers!

I wouldn't begin to suggest a strain for you. Each grower has a different environment and will have a different level of success with diffeerent strains. When you shop for seeds, review the vendors info about the strain's traits and lineage. For example, if you live in Arizona, a strain that originated in Hawaii might not be a good fit. You might look in the grow journal areas and see if you can find someone with a similar grow setup as you and see what strains worked for them.

Lighting will impact many aspects of your grow... including yield and speed of growth. More is almost always better.

Most folks put photos directly into the thread. You can easily lay them in here. 420 Photo Gallery Tutorial - How to Post Photos
We're really incredibly lazy and hate to go searching around the site for this sort of thing.

day_1_skywalker.jpg

Cheers!

its some kindve blurry ones sorry butthey are the ones that say day 5 and the one right after that. if you look closely at the edges of leaves towards the bottom of the plant you could see the color change and i dont know if you could see the bent tips but their there.

I might can only see it cause i know its there.

The prob seem to be minor im just trying to be safe.

Oh absoooooooooolutely. Of course, you'll want to make sure the heating element doesn't come on and cook your babies. Many folks in limited area grows use small desktop fans.. the kind with the big clippy thing to hold them and a goose neck to allow it to go in any direction. They tend to die quickly, but they're cheap.
Moving air will stimulate your plants and cause them to grow beerfier. Without a fan, your babies will be weaker and branches will break easier.

Cheers!

Well im back for the first time.

So today is week 2 of my op. Im on my way to grab more clones, more lights, and some nutes. my baby is still doing good. The yellow tip problem did not not strech thru-out the leaf so im going to blame it on the foil. Mylar is going to replace that!

When I began this mission i had small plans and dreams but i think after hanging with you all (lol) Im now ready to step it up. Im still thinking if i should build my own grow box or just use my whole second bedroom with the closet being the flowering room.

I plan on getting 2 600 watts lights from the hydro store 1 mph and 1 hps.
I want to get into the co2 thing but im still learning on it. I pretty much see how it work i just have to get the numbers dailed in.

I dont plan on going over my limit {the 6 and 12 thing} but hay if my greenthumb grows bigger the bigger my crop well become.

I might do some comparissions and see which best suits me. Hydro or Soil.
Im more leaning towards hydro simple because the control over the plants.

My ventelation will be designed using the window. No the window will not be see threw.
Walls will be coved with that black/white sheet from top to bottom.

Also once my whole system is complete im going to try some breedings of my own...

Some of my all times favs are purps, all types of kush, Mr. nice, Green Crack, Train Wreck, King Louie OG, Sour OG, Pure Kush OG.... I can go on forever lol!

Good luck to all my fellow new growers and happy growings to all you vets!

Back
Top Bottom