Scooby's 1st grow - LED

Scooby_Snacks

Finally got my magic beans today! Now time to get moving.

Set-Up:
4' x 4' grow tent
126w hydro grow LED (be here by friday)
Soil - Organic mix from local garden store
nutes - foxfarms suite
Ph meter (with soil moisture reading as well)

Seeds: Not sure which I'm going to use yet. Opinions would be appreciated. I got them from Attitude. Ordered last weekend.

Wonder Woman (5) -
Indica / Sat mix
Flowering time - 8 - 10 weeks
Height - med
thc - 8% - 15%

Blackberry (5) -
Indica / Sat mix
Flowering time - 9 - 11 weeks
Height - med
thc - 15% - 24%

Cream Carmel (5) -
Indica (90%) / Sativa (10%) mix
Flowering time - 8 - 9 weeks
Height - ? ( I have to look, attitude site was wrong on a few of these and this package is written in another language)
thc - 15% - 20%

Freebies (1 each)-
DNA - LA Confidential
DNA - Sour Cream
DNA - LA Woman

If I understand Hydro Grow correctly this light should be able to support 4 plants. I'm considering doing 2 WW and 2 BB.

dont know much about different seeds...i just use bagseeds... but i guess the ones with the most THC? anyways what im here to watch is the LED ur using...i been wanting to see how good it works... i know theyre supposed to be the future but i havnt seen it and im still sceptical...

anyways good luck and ill be watchin!

Wow, great setup! I would go with 2 "blackberry" for sure, that freebie "LA woman" just because, and then I would close my eyes and pull another from the pot! but hey, thats just me.
As much as I would love to see test results from your led panel alone...

...if it was my smoke, I would throw in a few larger CFL bulbs in the apropriate Temp range just because. At least a few 2700k's during flowering. But since it is not my smoke, I will be watching with anticipation to see your results! Thanks for the new led journal, count me in, and +reps for being a pioneer!
:goodjob: :peace:

Thanks!

...if it was my smoke, I would throw in a few larger CFL bulbs in the apropriate Temp range just because. At least a few 2700k's during flowering.

That was the original plan but when buying the light I specifically asked about adding a few CFL's. I was told they made this unit as a stand alone unit and had white light. I thought I'd do the first run with just the LED. If I have to I'll add some CFL's on the second run.

Using the cup of water method for germinating seeds. Decided on 2 WW, 2 BB, and the 2 individual LA's. The LA Woman doesn't look like a very good seed so I figured if I get 5 or even all 6 to sprout I'd be lucky. If I get that lucky and space becomes tight under the LED I'll move 2 plants to CFL's in another spot. I should be lucky enough to have that problem. Plan on putting them in soil later tonight and will take some pics first.

Has anyone ever used the cup of water method? I thought I read somewhere that good seeds will sink and bad seeds will float. Does anyone know if this is correct? I'm hoping not, as all 6 seeds are floating.

Due to Chinese lack of independence day the LED will not be here till Monday. I'll start the seeds under CFL and switch when the new light gets here Monday. All but 1 WW seeds wound up finally sinking in the cup. Seeds went in soil late last night. I even planted the WW that didn't sink and the LAW that didn't really look very good. You never know. Left them in the dark for 6 hours, than turned on the lights. Thinking about making a quick run to HD to get some more CFL's.

upload22.jpg

A mixed bag of nuts over the last day or so. got lucky when my laptop survived a small bath in dirty B water. went to hHD to pick up a few more cfl's for both before the LED gets here (Monday) and for another project. Found these monsters for $14 and change. They use 68W and are supposedly comparable to 300W (2700k). Got 2 thinking to put them in the reflectors I already have. Got home and one worked, the other not. couldn't get either bulb to work in the one reflector. There should be no reason why, but who knows. put the smaller bulbs in the reflector and the larger ones together on a basic socket.

Best news of all, I have 3 sprouts! Both BB and the LAW sprouted. I'm most surprised about the LAW as it looked like a terrible seed. 3 for 6 so far with my fingers crossed.

upload32.jpg

upload4.jpg

Took the wrapping off any that sprouted. I'm glad i did. one of the seeds had the taproot coming up. I'm guessing i planted upside down. Did a little minor surgery and hopefully we're good to go.

Had one of the WW sprout as well. 4 up and down to waiting on 2. 1 WW and the LAC.

Had hoped I'd come home to my LED, but that would have been early, as she said Monday. I did get my temp/humidity gauge along with my nutes and soil ph / moisture tester today. My temp seems good at 79o. My humidity seemed low at 40%. I'll have to search the boards for a DIY option. For now I just added a few 3/4 full gallon containers of water into the tent. Hopeful guess until I find something better. Also added a small fan outside the tent to blow fresh air in. Still only 4 sprouts. I unwrapped the 2 that hadn't sprouted. The WW looked like it cracked but was sitting sideways. Carefully righted it and packed a little soil around it. The LAC doesn't look like anything is happening. Left it be to give it some more time and hope for the best.

Tried to take some pictures but they came out blurry. I'm not sure if it's me or the camera.

Scoobs, what's up man? Hey I just picked up the 126w hydro grow LED too.

I ordered mine yesterday so I will have to wait up to 3 weeks! I'm not sure if HGL has units at the shop ready to go or if he has them drop shipped. Can't see why else it would take 3 weeks for a $50 shipping charge lol!

Either way if he found a way to provide a decent led system for a good price I will wait for it..

I will be growing hydro.. I may be getting my light later than you but my clones are just about ready to flower, once I get the unit I can flower right away.

Scoobs, what's up man? Hey I just picked up the 126w hydro grow LED too.

I ordered mine yesterday so I will have to wait up to 3 weeks! I'm not sure if HGL has units at the shop ready to go or if he has them drop shipped. Can't see why else it would take 3 weeks for a $50 shipping charge lol!

Hey BeeZee. I'm glad I ordered mine when I did if your waiting 3 weeks! I have a feeling that's just because they had a holiday over in China. Everything was shut down. I thought the $50 shipping was reasonable, since it's coming 2 or 3 day from China. BTW he is a she, I believe Cammie. I originally had other LED's ordered but was convinced her's were better. Guess we'll start to see on Monday. Good luck with your grow. You going to do a journal?

My DIY humidity fix seems to have worked for now. I've got the humidity up to about 48% and possibly still going up. Temp is holding between 78o - 83o. All 4 sprouts are looking good. Nothing from the 2 that hadn't sprouted yet. Found 2 seeds in my bag last night and started germinating them. I was a bit upset at first, there should not have been seeds in this bag both for it's quality and it's price.

I've used those monster CFLs... they work, but the spectrum will make your plants stretch as it more of a flowering bulb.

I guess it won't matter once you get the LEDs - plus reps for luck!

BTW he is a she, I believe Cammie. I originally had other LED's ordered but was convinced her's were better. Guess we'll start to see on Monday. Good luck with your grow. You going to do a journal?

I doubt I will do one as I go but I might submit it all in once im done. However I will be tuning in with you to see how your doing compared to mine!!

The HGL website says up to 3 weeks. I hope it dont take that long. Do you know your is coming fo sho on monday? how long did it take from when you orderded it???

Nothings 100% until it's in your hands, know what I mean? It'll be less than 2 weeks for me, but I think my timing had a good bit to do with that. We'll see next week.

Not much of an update other than some pictures. The last 2 seeds still haven't sprouted. I'm thinking about giving them until 24 hours under LED before pronouncing them dead.

So living sprouts we have:
Blackberry#1 - BB#1
Blackberry#2 - BB#2
Wonderwoman - WW
LA Woman - LAW

nice clean setup! I love the careful, meticulous, clean and lab-like way you set up your room. It will pay off.

Regarding humidity, I wouldn't worry about it being in the 40's. As your plants grow it will rise, and you have plastic over your sprouts, so the room doesn't represent what the plants are getting right now.

Also, lower humidity means less chance of mildew or budrot.
There is nothing at all wrong with having RH at 40. Nothing bad will come from it. 60 is another matter.

Take what I say with a grain of salt....I'm no expert, but I'm a good reader and have friends who are jedi growers. 40 is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom