Winter Outdoor Grow 2009/2010

Sonzor

strains
Full Moon, Papaya, Durban Poison(if I can ever get any of the seeds to sprout), Lemon Bubble Haze, Some seeds that the seed company sent me cause they messed up. no idea what they are.

This will be an indoor / outdoor grow. Seeds and clones will be brought to maturity indoors not sure how long, my goal is to get them to 2.5 to 3 feet tall before planting in the ground outside.

Soil
Plants have been started in 75% Miracle Grow Organic and home made compost and the rest perlite and peat moss. I think the Miracle Grow Organic might have been a mistake. Brown leaf tips some leaves died all together won't make that mistake again. But plants seem to be making a comeback after a good flushing.

Grow Container
The seed where started off in beer cups and transfered in 1 gallon pots where they will stay until they are planted in the ground.

nutrients
Plants will be fed compost teas, bat guano. I will be buying the bat guano since I do not have any resident bats that I can harvest from but all other nutrients will be all natural and made by me, the man up stairs and some micro organisms will help out also.

The Plan
Ok, this is my plan. I will start off all plants indoors 18/6 light schedule under CFL's. My hope is to get them to at least 3 ft before they go outside. I will probably settle for 2.5 but we will see. The plants will then go outside for a little winter grow on staggered weeks so plants will not finish at the same time. In my area we really do not have a freeze and temp rarely get below 50's at night and 70's in the day. We get at least 300 days of sun so that should not be an issue. The forecast if for an El nino winter so we may get more rain than expected. But on average there is a little over 1 inch a month starting in November. So I really think temps and rain are not going to be an issue. Of course I could be wrong. But half the fun is putting them in the ground and see what is going happen and what if anything I can do to solve any problem that may arise.

The Full Moon plants are about 8 inches tall at this point and a looking pretty good. They have been topped. They do have some brown tips. I think from the Miracle Grow Organic but are looking better by the day.

The Mystery seeds have spouted and are about 3 or 4 inches at this point and are growing like mad.

The Papaya seeds taken from my last grow and one that I had leftover are also around 3 or 4 inches and growing very fast also.

The Lemon Bubble Haze seeds have not been sprouted yet. We will see, maybe not for 3 weeks or so.

The Durban Poison. I am on my second round of seeds for the grow of the Durban Poison. They just don't want to sprout. I had 2 out of 10 the last grow which turned out to both be males, so the company sent me 10 more with the mystery seeds. I hope I get better germination percentages this time but I am 0 for 4 and are working on the next 4 now. So cross you fingers we get at least 2 spouted so we have a 50/50 chance of a lady.

Another one of my goals this grow is to have some quality seeds. I like the idea of becoming totally self sufficient.

Thats it for now. I will post some pics when I get all the plants at least sprouted.

Re: Winter Outdoor Grow 2009/2010

Sounds like a crazy plan! Where do u live where it don't freeze? Mexico?!? Lol I'll be watchin this one

Sounds like a crazy plan! Where do u live where it don't freeze? Mexico?!? Lol I'll be watchin this one

Pretty close, Its just a test, who knows how it will all turn out, but it should be fun.. I have enough meds. from my last grow to last me through the winter so if it does not work out not too of a deal, and lesson learned. Thanks for stopping in.

o ok...well good luck man ima watch closely cuz i live close to the border also

o ok...well good luck man ima watch closely cuz i live close to the border also

Cool, thanks for the comments and stopping in.

Yeah, I love it. Can't wait to see those girls:yummy: take care Sonzor and good luck.

Me too, I will post some pictures when there are something interesting to post. Thanks for stopping in.

good luck hope you stop by once I get some clones under my 430watt

hi mate sounds great i have my fingers and toes crossed for the germination good luck on that one.......on the miricle grow thing just thought id point out that you added other ingrediants to the mg which probbly over ferted your plant i was once told and agree with this theory the scientists have tested their stuffs scientifically add 1 extra ingredient to the mix and its totally unbalanced i wonder if you overlooked it coz you make all your own teas etc ? and so used to mixing potions ha ha....let me know your thoughts id be interested to hear them .......great start to im sure gonna be another exceptional journal im subscribed ....be lucky weedtastic :nicethread:

good luck hope you stop by once I get some clones under my 430watt

I will for sure, thank for stopping in, it is much appreciated.

hi mate sounds great i have my fingers and toes crossed for the germination good luck on that one.......on the miricle grow thing just thought id point out that you added other ingrediants to the mg which probbly over ferted your plant i was once told and agree with this theory the scientists have tested their stuffs scientifically add 1 extra ingredient to the mix and its totally unbalanced i wonder if you overlooked it coz you make all your own teas etc ? and so used to mixing potions ha ha....let me know your thoughts id be interested to hear them .......great start to im sure gonna be another exceptional journal im subscribed ....be lucky weedtastic :nicethread:

I am sure you are correct. I have flushed them with just plain water twice and they are looking a little better so we will see. Thanks for stopping in and your comments are always appreciated...

Cool will be watching and am sure things will go great :popcorn:

Let hope, My fingers are crossed, thank for your comments and stopping in.

New here and just wanted to wish you luck!

Thanks, I am sure I will need all the luck I can get. I appreciate the good wishes and you stopping in.

pics pics PICS!!!

I am working on it, Thanks for stopping in.

A little update....

Still nothing from the Durban Poison. I have started my last 4, but I don't really have high hopes for these. I think they are bunk. I don't want to bash the seed company but I cant even contact the company at this point. 3 out of 20 seeds just does not sound correct. Especially since all other seeds I have bought are germinating at pretty close to 100%. I don't want to bash the company so I won't give out the name but if you read the next sentence and figure it out good for you. It was a really popular band from Washington State who's singer is no longer with us. I hate to be negative cause this site is nothing but positive. I just want the buyer to beware. Enough of that.

I am going to change it up a little. I am going to grow all the winter outdoor plants from clones. Yes, I know I have not had much luck with cloning. But I think there is no time like the present to get this cloning thing all dialed in. And if it all works out I will have some nice mothers to take clones from for the next summer grow.

The plants have gone through many more issues than I had all first grow. The Full Moon is having some issues with brown, dry leaf tips. I flushed them twice and they seem to be doing a little better we will have to see through the next couple weaks. The Papaya and the Mystery plant where doing really well until we had some cool rain so I kept them in the closet under the lights for a couple day. They started to look a little weak with drooping pail yellow leaves. I did not really know what was going on until I saw some black specks on the leaves. After closer inspection I looked on the under side of the leaves and you could not even see leaves all you saw was wall to wall little black bugs that where sucking the life out of the plants. I sprayed them with Organocide that seems to have taking care of the problem.

I am hoping to have at least 8 plants to work with and crossing my fingers cause a really want to try the Durban Poison. Take a look and tell me what you think, Any and all suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

This is the organocide product, It looks like it got all those little buggers.
pest_solution1.jpg

This is those little buggers dead, I wish I would have taken a picture of what it looked like with all those bugs, You really could not see any green there where so many bugs.
pest_solution2_1_.jpg

bugs_01.jpg

Full Moon1 4 weeks old
fm1_01_11_15_09.jpg

Full Moon2 4 weeks old
fm1_01_11_15_09_1_.jpg

Mystery1 2 weeks old
mystery1_01_11_15_09.jpg

Papaya1 2 weeks old
papaya1_01_11_15_09.jpg

Papaya2 2 weeks old
papaya2_01_11_15_09.jpg

Once again, Thank you so much for all your support and stopping in, Any of your suggestions are greatly valued and appreciated.

Isn't that a nice position to be in?

One of the many benefits of growing our own.

I'm down with your winter grow.

Yes, my first grow when beyond my wildest expectations. If I only would have known I would have grown my own years ago. Thanks so much for your comments and stopping in. Your knowledge and expertise is much appreciated.

Does anyone have any idea what causes this. I know its not a mj leaf its a avocado leaf. I have the same thing on my MJ leaves. I took this picture because the leaves are so much bigger and much easier to see. I did spray the leaves to kill the bugs and this is what happened to the leaves about a week later. The bugs are gone but have some damage from something. Is this from the spray, or something else, any help would be greatly appreciated.

brown_leaf.jpg

Yeah, thats what happened to me after a week from spraying with the garlic and oil on mine. I took 4 garlic colves and 1 tbs of mineral oil and soaked for 24 hrs, then I mixed 1 tbs of palmolive and 1 gallon water. It was potent I guess, but the plant grew and then I let the little one down and the bugs got it again. RIP Living Dead.

Back
Top Bottom