Laid off, Broke, and tired of paying these high bud prices.

rollersmoker

My set-up:
Custom Box: 34 1/2"H x 18"W x 18"D
Lights: 9 CFLs (3 26W, 4 13W Soft white, 2 26W Day light) Gonna replace the remaining daylight with soft white eventually...just short on some moola.
Seeds: Bagseeds I got from my connect so I have no idea what it is (not expecting anything great)
Phase: Flowering
Veg. time: 3-4 weeks
Soil or hydro: Soil (Miracle gro Organic), mixed with Peat moss and Perlite
Nutes: None...broke

Okay. this is my first time growing anything ever let alone bud. but i believe in baptism by fire. so lets go. my #1 reason for growing is cuz i got tired of paying lot of money for something that can grow in your backyard, closet, or your living room for you don't give a f**k types. Imagine they made tomatoes illegal and you had to pay $3000-$6000 for a pound of tomatoes? thats ridiculous. Enough of my ranting. Got pics coming soon. Im on day 6 of Flowering.
:rollit:

Pics.
Group_shot_side_view_day_1_flowering.jpg

Group_shot_Day_1_flower.JPG

Looking good so far... that MG has plenty of nutes for now. You might be able to find some worm castings at Wallymart for about $3 a bag for when you transplant...

Looking good so far... that MG has plenty of nutes for now. You might be able to find some worm castings at Wallymart for about $3 a bag for when you transplant...

thx..i'll have to check wallyworld for that..thx. im waiting for males to show me their balls, chop 'em and make room for the girls (hopefully)....:rollit:

those plants are looking real nice.. Here's a dumb ? but how/when do you top ur plants, i've never done that before.

thanks

Welcome!

Sounds like our grow boxes are very similar in size, and use the same lighting method. I Have a few tips if you don't mind. Noticing you have 5 plants growing, are they all in flower? If so I think your going to be hard pressed to mature all of them in that space. I usually veg 3-4 plants, wait to see which are girls, then choose one to flower to harvest, clone any other fems, and re pot the selected plant in a 5 gallon pot so she has plenty of room to grow. MJ explodes during the flower cycle, and your 6" pots are going to become root bound (mine always are before I re pot), and will stunt growth, and bud development.

Check LST (low stress training) to keep the height down, and provide more even light over the entire plant. Something else you might also consider is swapping out is your 'cool' spectrum daylight CFL's (vegging spectrum) for 'warmer' spectrum CFL's (flowering spectrum) when finances allow. About 8 bucks per for 42W CFL's at Wally World.

Might be a male, looks a little to early to tell, give it a few days.

I'm a big fan of bag seed grows from quality smoke, and have had excellent results. Take a look at my photo's in the Members Galleries for visuals of the tips I've recommended.

Keep good thoughts on the job situation...been there myself,and completely understand the frustration.

oldskool - thanks bro..really appreciate the feedback as I am new at all this..my thinking on the space issue was that I figured I would have about 2-3 males, pull them, transplant and have plenty room for the female(s) but they haven't shown their sex but I'm thinking that one in the pic is a male but I'll wait a few days as suggested.

u said that you veg and wait to see which are girls...u determine which ones are girls during veg? my bad if it sounds like a dumb question.

:smokin:

quote: "is this a male"

Can't tell yet.

Also as far as topping goes, I just go into this myself. I topped the plant, then waited a few more days and topped 5 of the highest new heads coming up from the sides towering over the orginal plant stem.

Just kicked them over to flower now, so we will see how high they get. Im only going for 2.5 to 3

No such thing as a dumb question rollersmoker, especially here among these fine folks, all of whom are more than willing to help each other.

No, I wish I could sex my plants while their still vegging, but I, like most, have to wait for that first white pistil, or the dreaded ball to show itself before confirming sex. Some of the more experienced growers, those more knowledgeable of working with a particular strain, can make accurate predictions.

But bag seed grows, like life, are like Forrest's box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get:ganjamon:

I should have added that confirming sex, for myself anyway, commences after I initiate the 12/12 light cycle.

Back
Top Bottom