Kali-Orange

tricome

This is falling right behind my last journal; Mandala of Nirvana. If you put my journals together, it would be continuous. I like to break it up into sections. Each journal will feature the bloom stage and include the veg stage of the next journal. This journal features two Kalichakra clones and a gifted California Orange in bloom. I've decided to feed the Kalichakras a normal dose of my mix.(GH Maxibloom,FF Tiger Bloom, Superthrive and dry Kool Bloom the last 4 weeks) I'll Try organic again with the CO.(Earth Juice 4 part grow, bloom,catalyst, and microblast + Inoculade with no PH adjustment).
100_05812.JPG

100_05821.JPG

100_04181.JPG

All veg plants will get GH Maxigro and Superthrive.
100_05871.JPG

Here's a quick review to get up to speed. 2 rooted Kalichakra clones. Both had flowers.
100_04861.JPG

100_04851.JPG

100_04871.JPG

In veg (the back two)
100_04901.JPG

100_05581.JPG

100_05543.JPG

The two California Orange revegging.
100_05494.JPG

100_05501.JPG

100_05523.JPG

These were given to me by a friend, and one had fallen over and self LSTed before I got it. I put this one into flower and left the other in veg to make clones.

Here they are going into the flower room on 11/24/09.
100_05662.JPG

100_05671.JPG

I added support to the self LSTed CO.
100_05782.JPG

Veg Room
Here's the other CO. This one will be a mother plant.
100_05831.JPG

When I take clones I will plant some Northern Lights seeds.
These are male plant clones I'm experimenting with.
100_0584.JPG

100_05851.JPG

Oh yea, the veg room has T5s and CFLs, and the flower room has a 250W HPS.
Thanx for tuning in! Questions and comments appreciated! :peace:

Re: Kali--orange

Hey, Southern! Welcome to the next chapter.
:welcome: to the adventure mary_juana420!
If you'll notice from the two pics of the mother CO, I cut the top of the stalk off. It had buds, and the veg growth on the side was thicker. When I cut it, it smelled like a fresh cut orange. I think this will make some tasty clones!:yummy:

Here's the week 1 update. The Kalichakras have stretched a foot and are 26" tall now. The CO has only stretched 3"-4". All are starting new bud sites. I really like the growth structure on all three. The CO still has a few ugly leaves, but is looking better. They were in pretty rough shape when I got them. Here are some pics from today.
Since the Kalichakras are in pot labled "A" and "B", I will call them K-A and K-B.
K-A
100_06091.JPG

100_0611.JPG

K-B
100_06031.JPG

100_06041.JPG

Here's the one twisted leaf on K-B. Thought it looked cool. CO has a couple of twisties too.
100_0606.JPG

CO
100_06071.JPG

100_0608.JPG

In the veg room the CO mother is looking healthy.
100_06173.JPG

Big male clone is tall and full of balls!
100_0618.JPG

100_06151.JPG

Little male clone is alive, but still not showing roots. The peat puck is drying up and has to be re-moistened. Didn't have this problem before.
100_06161.JPG

I would like to collect a little pollen from the male clone without spreading it around. I want to store the pollen for later use, but I don't want my girls to inadvertently get knocked up.:yikes: Any advice ya'll have on this is greatly appreciated.:roorrip:

Thanx, Butcher! I'll def check it out. I know I can learn a lot from you!

Troubling news today.:straightface: I found a few bananas on the CO. Looks like the stress of being re-vegged and then re-flowered has caught up with her. It looks like they are appearing down among the old bud sites. I pinched off 6, and will see if any more show up.

I took a small lower branch from K-B today, and cloned it using a method I just read about by Jef Tek. He says to take a large cutting(6"-12"), dip it in rooting gel or powder(he uses Dip-N-Grow), put it 4-5" into a soilless mix in a keg cup, and water with 4oz 1/2 strength veg nutes. No dome or misting needed. The clone I took was much smaller than his recommendation. So, we shall see.

Thanx, Butcher! I'll def check it out. I know I can learn a lot from you!

Troubling news today.:straightface: I found a few bananas on the CO. Looks like the stress of being re-vegged and then re-flowered has caught up with her. It looks like they are appearing down among the old bud sites. I pinched off 6, and will see if any more show up.

I took a small lower branch from K-B today, and cloned it using a method I just read about by Jef Tek. He says to take a large cutting(6"-12"), dip it in rooting gel or powder(he uses Dip-N-Grow), put it 4-5" into a soilless mix in a keg cup, and water with 4oz 1/2 strength veg nutes. No dome or misting needed. The clone I took was much smaller than his recommendation. So, we shall see.

sorry im late :p had some catchin up to do, hows the small clone doing? did you give up on it? 6-12" would be a big clone imo but maybe it will work keep us update plz

lookin good sofar, how much longer are you planning to veg before flowering? :nicethread: :bong:

Thanx, Butcher! I found a couple more bananas and pinched them off along with afew old buds that had turned black at the tips. No yellow dongs on new growth or buds, so I think it'll be alright.
:welcome: rc! Your buds are looking great! The Jef Tek clone is doing great with no watering, misting, or dome! I won't veg long with this strain. It gets tall! This was more of an experiment anyway. I wasn't even thinking! My veg room is always ahead of my flower room! Arrrrgggghhh! It will be a while before these ladies are through, and I don't want to crowd the flower room like before. Duh! I will make the Kalichakra clone a mother plant. (Thinking while typing.) When I take clones from California Orange, I will use this method and see if it will work for it. Kalichakra's description says she's an easy cloner, so this may not be the best strain to test cloning methods. But, we shall see. So far so good. Here's a pic from yesterday at 5 days.
100_0619.JPG

The CO mother is getting too big for her container. I'll have to transplant soon.
100_06221.JPG

I got rid of the other male clone in the sundae container. It wasn't going anywhere.

In the flower room things are coming along nicely. I really like the way the buds are forming on the Ks. They are 32" tall now. The CO is stretching out a little too. Since the CO is much shorter than the Ks, I put her in the middle directly under the bulb, and the Ks on ether side. Pics from yesterday. Tuesday will be the end of week 3.
K-A
100_06231.JPG

100_06253.JPG

100_06262.JPG

100_06271.JPG

K-B
100_06353.JPG

100_06363.JPG

100_06372.JPG

100_06342.JPG

CO
100_06281.JPG

100_06322.JPG

100_06293.JPG

I just remembered, we watched the new TPB movie a few days ago. Hilarious!:rofl: Check it out when it comes out.
Update on the male. It has busted some nuts, and has collected its own pollen.
100_06212.JPG

100_0642.JPG

What's the best way to store the pollen?

I usually keep the pollen sacks in a mason jar, letting the air get to it about twice a day, then use a q-tip, the butcher has a awesome tutorial about breeding...

Buster

Thanx BUTSTER!!

Yeah as far as saving storing the pollen, a film container works great. Then if you have a nice dark cool spot then that would be perfect. I have a mini fridge I keep all my goodies in.

....Oh and one more thing..Careful with that male thats a loaded gun and there aint no safety, sooo you gotta be sure to Change your clothes when going from the male to female plants. I make it a point to do all the work on male after the rest of the gardens have been tended to. This will ensure you dont pollenate you whole crop.

Thanx Southern, Buster, and Butcher!
Butcher, I Read through some of your breeding journal. A wealth of great info!:nicethread:
Too bad I read it after messing with the male. Haha! My breeding attempt was clumsy and short sighted.
I collected the pollen simply by cutting the plant and shaking it over a magazine and breaking off flowers. I did this in the veg room. Pollen got on my clothes and who knows where else. Hopefully I didn't get any on my ladies. I did, however, use a Q-tip to pollinate a lower bud on K-B. I'm afraid I may have seeded my whole crop.:bitingnails: Don't know what I was thinking! :hmmmm::loopy:
To anyone considering breeding, I recommend reading a lot of info (like Butcher's breeding journal), planning ahead, and preparing a secure place. Don't do like me and just jump into it.
Since this male auto-flowered (after a long veg time) and I'm not prepared to breed, I decided not to keep the pollen.
Hopefully I won't end up with a bunch of seeds. We shall see. Fingers crossed!:grinjoint:

Thanx for the advice, Butcher.
Thanx Buster Highman, and :welcome: to 420 and my grow!

Sorry it's been so long, gang! I've been busy with the holidays, and my computer goofed out again.
Things are going good. The flowering girls are bulking and frosting up nicely. K-A is ahead of the pack, and is also the thirstiest. In the hustle of Christmas, the ladies didn't get watered for 5 days. K-A lost a few leaves from that, while the others were unharmed. Mother California Orange lost a few leaves too, in the drought. All is well now.
Some how, in my breeding attempt, I managed to do exactly what I wanted to do. Only the small bud I intentionally pollinated is forming seeds. Dumb luck, I guess. I'll keep an eye out for more.

Here are the girls on 12-21-09.
K-A
100_0643.JPG

100_0644.JPG

K-B
100_0646.JPG

100_0647.JPG

CO
100_0648.JPG

100_0650.JPG

Seeded lower bud of K-B
100_06531.JPG

There is a big difference in the ladies now. I'll get new pics up soon.

Here's the veg room as of yesterday.
Kalichakra Clone
100_0651.JPG

CO Mother
100_0652.JPG

I hope everyone had a HIGH Holiday!:xmas: Hope you all have a Hempy New Year! :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom