420 Member
Hi guys here is my first grow,

Bucket Size - 6" pots to 10 litre pots
Medium - 100% Coco
Lights - (1) 600w Hps to (6) 600w Hps
Nutrients - Cana A & B
Strain(s) - Cheese
# of Plants:24

Below are a few pics of how Im starting out.

cheese_dec_2009_010.JPG
My ladies just transfered in Coco

My current temp and Rh

cheese_dec_2009_017.JPG
1 clone with yellow spots

Would love any advice or comments

Thanks
Ganja farmer

Hi 420,
I have now turned on the 2nd light and both fans hoping for some more lovely new growth.

I am a tiny bit concerned about this twisted leaf, buts its the only leaf of its kind in my grow.
cheese_dec_2009_018.JPG
Does anyone know what would cause this? they have only been fed twice.

Here is a pic of one clone growing nicely, they are under 24hr lights and seem to love it!!
cheese_dec_2009_0221.JPG
Does the stem look too skiny?

A good view of my ladies
cheese_dec_2009_027.JPG

I am using Cana A & B nutrients, but Im not sure what would be the best combination to go with it. Ive read a little about Cana Boost and Cannzyne, does anyone have any experience of using these, or anything else??
I'll be back soon with some more pics.
Thanks guys

Hi guys,
I have now potted my ladies into 10 litre pots of coco and they have been in veg 24/0 for 13 days, they seem to be looking good and I will be posting some more pics soon.

I do have a problem.... It seems I have a case of thrips, not a bad one but I still want rid of them. Im not sure what to do guys pls help!!!!!

Hey Ganja, I dont know anything about the thrips but I will get a buddy to stop by to check it out and help you out... But I am deff tuned in to this grow man... I love the strain... Cheese baby.. I hope you dont live to close to people lol... That place is going to stink up like a cheese factory lol :yummy:

:welcome:hey wat up GANJA FARMER?..Lovin the name..The best farmer is a ganja farmer..Anyhow..Rocafella Sent me your way. And definetly glad he did..love the cheese.. here a link of a product that I just used..Literally a week ago and it worked as it says to..It was crazy I found a live thrip and tried it out first, and it dehydrated the hell out it..It was sad but funny cause it actually worked. I was sketchy but it worked. heres the link: Get Rid of Thrips: Garden & Floral Killer is a quick, effective way to get rid of thrips I'm tuned in and watching your grow. God I just can smell the cheese from here..Oh wait..thats the nug I just broke open..LOL..You know now everytime I click your link Ima have to pull the cheese out...This one for you:rollit::thanks:

I hear diatomaceous earth does the exact same thing (probably main ingredient) for any pest that has it pupate cycle in the soil.

You just put a layer on top of your soil and the hatched baby thrips never make it to the surface so if you use sticky traps to catch the adults, at worse unless they find somewhere else to nest you only have the one adult cycle to live through. Works in house plants anyway. I assume it works the same for our babies.

It is kinda funny, you should of seen what a bad infestion of thrips and spider mites did to one of my wifes Aloe Vera plants before we fixed it. The poor thing was never the same, it started to grow vertical shoots instead of putting out longer and longer succulent branches it put out tiny ones on top of tiny ones......looked like some alien tentacle monster.

Anyway looking forward to this thread. :popcorn:

Happy New year guys, and thanks for the pest control advice.
I didnt use anything to get rid of the thrips but I constantly check the ladies and kill on site, Im hoping since the dark hours temp gets quite low it will disrupt their cycle.
Its been a busy end to 2009 and I havent been able to update you.. For this I am truly sorry. But I have taken some pics to show how much progress has been made, the ladies are coming along fine.
Here are some pics of how they looked a week ago
cheese_jan_2009_025.JPG
cheese_jan_2009_017.JPG

my sexy ladies under the 600's
cheese_jan_2009_010.JPG
Ok so that was a week ago!!

Last night I switched them into flowering 12/12 and this is how they looked today
cheese_jan_2009_037.JPG
No potent smell yet, but smelly all the same
cheese_jan_2009_035.JPG
I also staked them with bamboo sticks because they look so busy.
cheese_jan_2009_041.JPG
When I fed them yesterday they drank 3 litres each with a little drop of Canna Boost. I have been keeping the ph @ 5.7 and the ppm is now at 1490. They have been needing food around every 3 days(light pots & dry coco).
I cant wait to see the white hairs and some bud growth, Im thinking maybe after a week in flowering some white hairs will appear.

try not to use the boost untill atleast the 3rd week of flowering, or untill you see decent whisps/ hairs, firstly its not cheap and you will save some ha, and secondly they really dont need it yet, are you going to use pk 13/14 ? i do with very good results.
I am locked into this one now... and wish I had as much room as you do!

Hey Ganja Farmer, Looking good. As far as your Thrips go, Spinosad will knock em dead. I just got over a little bout with them(hopefully)! I'm subscribed:goodjob:

Hey Ganja Farmer, just caught up with your grow. Nice to see more coco users around! :cheer: Plants are looking nice and healthy too. I feed mine about every 3 days too. Do you flush with plain water now and again? I find mine need that and have started to do it every third or fourth feed. From what I've read it might be worth your while using PK 13/14 too. See your using the cannaboost, interested to see if this makes a difference for you. I think I might just go with blackstrap molasses instead (hopefully almost as effective, but way cheaper) Anyway good luck and I'm subscribed! :popcorn:

try not to use the boost untill atleast the 3rd week of flowering, or untill you see decent whisps/ hairs, firstly its not cheap and you will save some ha, and secondly they really dont need it yet, are you going to use pk 13/14 ? i do with very good results.
I am locked into this one now... and wish I had as much room as you do!

Thanks for the advice I could do with saving some boost, its so dam expensive. I will be using pk 13/14 in about the 5th week of floweing. Having this much room is a blessing, I just hope I get enough to last. I have 3 family members relying on me for their meds.

Hey Ganja Farmer, just caught up with your grow. Nice to see more coco users around! :cheer: Plants are looking nice and healthy too. I feed mine about every 3 days too. Do you flush with plain water now and again? I find mine need that and have started to do it every third or fourth feed. From what I've read it might be worth your while using PK 13/14 too. See your using the cannaboost, interested to see if this makes a difference for you. I think I might just go with blackstrap molasses instead (hopefully almost as effective, but way cheaper) Anyway good luck and I'm subscribed! :popcorn:

I feed every 3 days and I havent flushed them and I didnt intend to, Do I really need to flush them??
Blackstrap molasses?? If its cheaper and it works I would give it a try, I would probably need to see some other results with it first. Boost is tried and tested, if you use Blackstrap molasses I would love to see your results.
:thanks:

Ganja,
nice grow, what space are you working with for that many plants ?:nicethread::goodjob:
GunjaB,
The size of my room is about 12 foot x 9 foot with 24 plants on 12 trays. There is no space in the room right now, I think next time I will do 20 plants instead.:peace:

I would like to say a big:thanks: to everyone subscribed, I will be updating some pics today or tomorrow

How can I tell if I have salt build up??:peace:

Honestly i dont know the exact symptoms of salt build up, so what i do is feed feed then plain water. I would assume your plant will look a certain way i guess I'm not to sure, but 1 thing i do know is according to Roseman you can feed your plants nutes till the day before harvesting with no negative effects like taste and such, as long as you well manicure and trim them..........

Back
Top Bottom