Jimmy's Grow

t420jimmy

Hello everyone, and welcome to my grow:welcome: Please feel free to give input.. it would be deeply appreciated.

I am growing:
(1) Kandy Kush
(2) Big Devil's - AutoFlowering
(1) Bagseed - Unknown type

They are in 5 gallon pots
I am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
RH is 45-50%
PH is 6.3-6.5
Temps - 73 F. (in Nursery) 75-85 in Flower room (from Lights) I do have 6" fan for ventilation in both areas.

I am using all CFL's: In nursery I am using a Jumpstart 54watt and multiple 42 watt bulbs (6500k)for spot needs.

In flower room I have both spectrums: 18,000 lumens at 2700k and 18,000 Lumens at 6500k.

I am using all Fox Farm Nutes. Grow Big, Big Bloom, and I finish with Cha Ching.

I will Post new pictures at least weekly. I thank everyone in advance for your assistance:thumb:

baby_new_growth.jpg

baby_grow_area.jpg

baby10.jpg

Nursury.jpg

Kandy_Kush.jpg

Big_devil_thing_1.jpg

Big_Devil_thing_2.jpg

Hello everyone, and welcome to my grow:welcome: Please feel free to give input.. it would be deeply appreciated.

I am growing:
(1) Kandy Kush
(2) Big Devil's - AutoFlowering
(1) Bagseed - Unknown type

They are in 5 gallon pots
I am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
RH is 45-50%
PH is 6.3-6.5
Temps - 73 F. (in Nursery) 75-85 in Flower room (from Lights) I do have 6" fan for ventilation in both areas.

I am using all CFL's: In nursery I am using a Jumpstart 54watt and multiple 42 watt bulbs (6500k)for spot needs.

In flower room I have both spectrums: 18,000 lumens at 2700k and 18,000 Lumens at 6500k.

I am using all Fox Farm Nutes. Grow Big, Big Bloom, and I finish with Cha Ching.

I will Post new pictures at least weekly. I thank everyone in advance for your assistance:thumb:

baby_new_growth.jpg

baby_grow_area.jpg

baby10.jpg

Nursury.jpg

Kandy_Kush.jpg

Big_devil_thing_1.jpg

Big_Devil_thing_2.jpg

Hey Jimmy
Good luck with the grow brother! Have you completed grows with the cfl's before and how were your results?

Hey All:thumb: Yes I just completed a grow called "strange grow" that is the threads name. I grew (3) Autoflowers, but of unknown strain. One taste really smooth and with a hint of brown sugar ( I used some mollasses). The other two are extremely sweet tasting. Both after 4-6 hits you are toast:Rasta: I yielded about five ounces.:peacetwo:

Hey All:thumb: Yes I just completed a grow called "strange grow" that is the threads name. I grew (3) Autoflowers, but of unknown strain. One taste really smooth and with a hint of brown sugar ( I used some mollasses). The other two are extremely sweet tasting. Both after 4-6 hits you are toast:Rasta: I yielded about five ounces.:peacetwo:

kool...how many watts to flower that?

Hello everyone:thumb: Well here is this weeks update of pictures. Just for purposes of identifying the plants: "Kandy" is my Kandy Kush, "Thing1" is a Big Devil Autoflower (away from the wall), and "Thing2" is also a Big Devil AF. As you can see both Thing1 and Thing two are females (they just sexed). Kandy I am keeeping in veg state, because "Baby" who is the Bagseed female is pretty big ( I have no idea what strain she is, but she is looking good):yummy: I don't think I would have enough room to flower both adequately in the space that I have right now. I will be buying a grow tent on the 26th, so I will probably flower her then.

Question, should I feed the Fox Farm nute "Grow Big" with the Fox Farm nute "Big Bloom"? I know that the Grow Big is more for the Veg. state, but I just fed Thing1 and Thing2 their first feed of the Big Bloom since they sexed. I just didn't know whether to continue feeding them the Grow Big as well. I am adding a light fixture tomarrow for Thing1 and Thing2 (12,000 lumens at 2700k) for their flowering. Similiar to what I have in my current flower closet.

That is my update for this week, and I look forward to everyones input:peacetwo:

thing_2_pre_flower.jpg

Thing_2_cola.jpg

Thing_2.jpg

Thing_1_pre_flower.jpg

Thing_11.jpg

Baby_flowers.jpg

medium

Yes jimmy,
I am just following the feeding schedule that fox farms web site. But i'm really loseing faith in how much research goes into this. And it may be that you're right, but my understanding is that tiger bloom is the main source, and big bloom is sorta for keeping the root system healthy, even in veg. stage. Also, now i'm hearing a lot of people saying that the use of molassis, with the FF is better. But I got to say, i follow the fox farms schedule and i got no complaints. Someone more knowledgeable than myself , can explain why you need tiger bloom. Tiger bloom is a chemical, while big bloom is supposely organic. And i wish i did'nt need the tiger bloom, and hope you find out that you don't need it either !! Good luck !!

I just went out and bought the Tiger Bloom.. so I have it now. I just fed "Baby" - the one in the closet the Tiger Bloom. What I don't know is if I should feed both the Tiger Bloom and the Big Bloom at the same time? I don't want any Nute burn. I am redoing my light system in the closet and my nursery. Increasing the lumens and will be buying a grow tent next month. I will post pictures of my new setup:thumb: My closet will be closer to a thousand watts and 45,000 lumens (35,000 @2700k and 15,000 @ 6500k).

I am making a light rack for my nursery/ Autoflower grow area as well:slide:

Again, thanks for the input:peacetwo:

I just went out and bought the Tiger Bloom.. so I have it now. I just fed "Baby" - the one in the closet the Tiger Bloom. What I don't know is if I should feed both the Tiger Bloom and the Big Bloom at the same time? I don't want any Nute burn. I am redoing my light system in the closet and my nursery. Increasing the lumens and will be buying a grow tent next month. I will post pictures of my new setup:thumb: My closet will be closer to a thousand watts and 45,000 lumens (35,000 @2700k and 15,000 @ 6500k).

I am making a light rack for my nursery/ Autoflower grow area as well:slide:

Again, thanks for the input:peacetwo:
Use two tsp of tiger bloom with 1 tbs of big bloom, per gal., until finish . And about 3 weeks into 12/12, give them two tsb of grow big. And three weeks before i think they'll finish, i start useing the cha-chang. Good luck !! Remember, FF has a feeding schedule online, so stick to it, and you can't go wrong !! Hope this works out for you !!:surf::popcorn:

Jimmy,
I would suggest that when you get around to it, read the lighting tutorials on 420 mag.. Because you're paying to run 850 watts, and putting out less lumens, than one 400 watt hps. would. You would cut you electric bill in half, and get better results. I also suggest that if you do buy a hps, buy a good brand from a reputable seller. How them clones doing ??

Hey Slowpufer, Actually that is total watts in my three seperate locations. I put out 23,000 lumens in my nursery with 280 watts - total. In my seperate flower rooms I put out 44,000 lumens 30,000@ 2700k and 14,000 @6500k with a total watt output of 350. My mistake for not clarifying that. Thanks for the info though. You can see some of my previous grows under the thread "Strange Grow".:peace::ganjamon:

final_set_up.jpg

Hey everyone:ganjamon: Check out the light system my girlfriend made:welldone: I have splitters for the sockets so that I cabn double the lumens as I did in my grow closet picture. Thanks for answering the nute question:thumb: All input is good input.:peacetwo:

It's great that you two work together in your hobby. That might help prevent the "You spend more time in your garden than you spend with ME" statement from ever being uttered, lol.

But you might wish to turn that rack of lights on its side (and add some kind of homemade reflector) while it is above the plants. CFL bulbs produce their light to the sides instead of from the tip, just like MH and HPS bulbs do. Fixtures that have the bulbs base-up in relation to the reflector are as a class, very inefficient.

Maximizing the light that you have, ensuring that as much of it as possible reaches the plants, that's like adding more lights that you didn't have to buy (or pay extra to run).

Thank you for the insight and I agree. I have splitters for the rack that place the bulbs at a 45 degree angle I will put them on next week with the second set of bulbs. Also will be attaching a "Side" rail to place bulbs for side and lower plant luminousity. Again thanks for your input:thanks::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom