Blue Skies Indoor to Outdoor - Bubba Kush - Hash Plant - Trance

Welcome to my 1st journal, any and all feedback/advice is welcome and much appreciated!!

This will be my third grow, only second indoors. I am by no means an expert gardener but would like to think I'm not a novice either. Ive decided to start a journal as a tool for me to stay detail oriented and hopefully get some advice from some of the seasoned growers. If anyone notices anything that I can change up in my setup please let me know! Currently I have 2 seedlings (1 bubba kush, 1 hash plant) that are about 4-5 inches tall that broke soil around March 10. I pre-soaked a third seed (trance from dutch passion) for 24 hours in water, and placed into its pot yesterday still waiting for it to break ground.

Specs:

Strains: Bubba Kush (Greenhouse), Hash Plant (Vulkania seeds), Trance (Dutch Passion)

Indoor or outdoor: Indoors for the time being, currently in my closet which measures 24" deep by 48" wide by 84" high. Right now they are on a small stand under my T5, I have a Grow Lab GL60 (24"x24"x5'3") tent that I am waiting to be delivered. I plan on keeping the Bubba Kush indoors as a mother to take cuttings from. With the Hash Plant and Trance, I will be moving them outdoors when the time comes for Colorado.

Soil: 75% FFOF, 25% Perlite

Containers: 4" square black pots

Light: Sunblaze 2 foot 4 bulb T5. I have the schedule at 18/6 and the light is about 3" above top of plants.

Temperatures: 68-75

RH: 40-45%

Nutrients: Haven't used any yet but I will be using age old organics grow and bloom.

Here is a couple of photos I will be posting much more once my tent and random supplies arrive:

Aerial shot of Hash plant and bubba kush at 20 days since breaking soil.
330side.jpg

Front shot: Trance, HP, BK
33010.jpg

Re: Blue skies indoor to outdoor: Bubba Kush/Hash Plant/Trance

Figured i'd update as I have some new developments to report on. When I woke up this morning I looked in my closet and noticed that the trance had broken ground :thumb: and checked out the BK and HP which appeared to be doing great. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that they appeared to have outgrown the 4" pots already. I saw small roots popping out the drainage holes so I figured it was time to transplant them into a bigger home. I got them into bigger round pots which I believe are about 1-1.5 gallons.

Also, I got a call from the online company I ordered the tent from last night informing me that they are out of the GL60's at the moment. I was kinda surprised as I thought if they didn't have any in stock you wouldn't be able to order them but no biggie. After doing some thinking about the dimensions of growlabs's GL60, and my plans for the three plants I have, the 2'x2'x5'3" size of the tent woulda been pretty cramped space wise.

I'm going to run and grab some dinner soon but when I get back I will post some pictures.

Here is a couple of photos of them in their new homes:

Left: Hash plant Right: Bubba Kush
41newpots2.JPG

Hash plant
41AerialHP.JPG

Bubba Kush
41AerialBK.JPG

Trance breaking ground:

41Trance.JPG

Seeds and T5 i'm using:

seeds19.jpg

T5box.jpg

:peace:

Dude, they are looking mighty nice. Look to be very well taken care of. Will definitely check back in.

Thanks man! Good luck with your grow you got going on right now too, i'll keep an eye on it.

Girls are looking great! :popcorn: subscribed.

Thanks for stopping by MountainHigh!

Decided it was time to do a little updating. Watered my two girls yesterday for the first time since transplanting to their new round containers on 4/1/10. It was also the first time I used my age old organics grow nutrients, the BK and HP broke ground around March 10th and I figured it was time to start fertilizing. The directions said to add one ounce of solution per gallon of water (I used 1/2 oz. to a gallon of distilled water). So far they seem to be doing ok, I was nervous about starting the nutes didn't know if it was too soon?

Camera died mid photo shoot so I wasn't able to get all the pictures I wanted to. Going to run to store in a little while to grab some more batteries and some random supplies I want. Thanks for stopping in and let me know what ya think.

Age old grow:
S7301085.JPG

Aerial shot of Bubba
S73010891.JPG

Aerial of Hash plant
S73010901.JPG

Front shot of Hash plant
S7301091.JPG

Trance making some progress since breaking ground
S73010921.JPG

Nice looking plants man. Very healthy!

Thanks again for the kind words.

Your plants are looking nice. How far along are the Hash and Bubba plants in the pics above??

Welcome and thanks for stopping in MMRC Grower. The hash plant broke soil and went under the T5 March 13th so its at about 24 days. Bubba broke ground March 9th putting it at 28 days.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Welcome and thanks for stopping in MMRC Grower. The hash plant broke soil and went under the T5 March 13th so its at about 24 days. Bubba broke ground March 9th putting it at 28 days.

Looking good. How long do you usually wait to throw them in flowering?

This is only my third grow, second one indoors. First indoor grow was extremely low budget and ill-planned. I only had the money when I started for a 250w MH and used it from seed to harvest, not getting much bud. But I believe I started flowering the 4 plants I had when they were around 12-15", strain was northern lights#5.

My plan for the Hash plant and trance is to start hardening them off late May and have them permanently outdoors by June 5th letting mother nature take care of the flowering. I'm thinking of possibly starting another hash plant from seed indoors just to get up to 3 flowering plants that I am legally able to grow under Colorado law. I grew out two clones from a local dispensary start to finish last summer (perplex and purple voodoo). I didn't pick the best of strains for the climate in Colorado as they both weren't ready to be chopped down until October 10th and by that time the temperatures were getting real low at nights with quite a bit of rain. The hash plant is supposedly a fast maturing outdoor strain, seedbank claims it is ready by late August to mid September. Trance finishes mid September to early October and is supposed to be a good outdoor strain, have my fingers crossed.

The bubba kush is going to stay indoors for me to take cuttings from or I might just possibly buy some more lighting and throw it into flowering when I move the other ladies outdoor.

Wow.... so your has plant is going to have a good 4 months of veg before flowering and its going to be outdoors. Your going to have some trees on your hands. Its going to be a while, but I cant wait to see how they turn out.

I really wish I could grow outside. My landscapers will probably steal my plants if I stuck them out there.

I'm sure hoping to get some monsters and if all goes well, experience minimal problems. I'm in the process of getting my backyard all prepped and ready to go. I was out back Monday doing a ton of landscaping and setting up my raised bed for vegetables, which will be about 4'x8'x1.5' deep and hopefully provide some coverage for my two or three plants from prying eyes. Neighbors houses that border my backyard all keep to themselves and didn't seem to interested in my ladies last summer but you never can be too sure. The mj plants will be potted, not in the raised bed just in case I need to move them in a hurry, Colorado weather is quite unpredictable. I was going to be outside all day today doing some more work but woke up to a couple inches of snow on the ground.

After reflecting a ton on last summer's grow I really want to make sure everything out back in as close to perfect as can be before I move the girls outside. I'd love to have some great looking crop similar to dirtfarmer's giants he had last year which is extremely wishful thinking but better to strive for greatness and come up short than not try at all I suppose.

I'm sure hoping to get some monsters and if all goes well, experience minimal problems. I'm in the process of getting my backyard all prepped and ready to go. I was out back Monday doing a ton of landscaping and setting up my raised bed for vegetables, which will be about 4'x8'x1.5' deep and hopefully provide some coverage for my two or three plants from prying eyes. Neighbors houses that border my backyard all keep to themselves and didn't seem to interested in my ladies last summer but you never can be too sure. The mj plants will be potted, not in the raised bed just in case I need to move them in a hurry, Colorado weather is quite unpredictable. I was going to be outside all day today doing some more work but woke up to a couple inches of snow on the ground.

After reflecting a ton on last summer's grow I really want to make sure everything out back in as close to perfect as can be before I move the girls outside. I'd love to have some great looking crop similar to dirtfarmer's giants he had last year which is extremely wishful thinking but better to strive for greatness and come up short than not try at all I suppose.

Do you have any picture of your last outside crop?

I didn't take many pictures, this is the only one I could find.

Picture was taken August 25th, both had just started flowering about 1 week prior to this pic if I remember correctly. Perplex is plant on left, Purple voodoo on the right.

rsz_s7300853.jpg

How long did those veg for?

Not exactly sure how long, I didn't keep very good records but I believe they both were purchased around June 20th, repotted and placed directly outside shortly thereafter. So I guess they vegged for about 2 months or so.

They were both about 6" when I bought them from the dispensary, perplex ended up being about 3.5-4 feet when I chopped her down and Purple Voodoo maybe about 2.5 feet.

I seem to be having some problems with the Bubba Kush. The problem was first noticed 2 days after watering with nutes for the first time. I watered April 5th and started noticing this on April 7th. I spotted some slight discoloration in the fan leaves 2 internodes from the top of the plant. The discoloration is only affecting the top of the plant, all leaves below 2nd internode from the top are still lush green in color. I watered both the Bubba Kush and Hash plant with a 1/2 gallon of the water + nutrients. The directions on the Age old grow nutrients had said to add 1oz per gallon of water, I used 1/2oz but am starting to think even that might have been too much???

Any help would be much appreciated.

Problem leaves on Bubba Kush:

410bkleaf1.JPG

410bkleaf.JPG

Hash plant, doing great not affected like the above BK:

410hp1.JPG

410hp2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom