Quest for 1G/W: 1K HPS Liquid Cooled on a 6' Mover in a 4x8 Tent

Re: Quest for 1g/w: 1k hps liquid cooled on a 6' mover in a 4x8 tent.

Hello 420 Family,

This is gonna be the start of my last journal. . . if I meet me goal. If not, I will keep going until I do.

My goal for this journal will be to pull what I consider would put me in the top echelon of all growers. anything over 1 g/w.

I will have to rely on everything I have learned so far. . . I will have to employ advanced techniques, and I will have to be lucky enough and anal enough to not make any blazing mistakes ;)

this will be a normal long ass 3 month journal. starting veg from april first should put my harvest date somewhere near the 4th of july. . . I hope my current stash lasts me that long. lol. Pics will come very soon.

Here is the beginning. . .

Lets Run Down The equipment.

Room:
4x8 tent. . . . hacked up a bit, but holding strong.

Illumination:
1 kw dimmable quantum ballast
1 kw HPS enhanced spectrum bulb 140,000 lm
Fresca Sol Watercooled jacket.
55 Gal Drum of water with couple drops of bleach.
HydroFarm 6' cheapo light mover

Hydro System(s):
CAP Ebb N Gro system w/23 pots and SureToGrow Deluge Inserts.
Custom Aero stadium.

Miscellaneous:
150 watt micro-chiller to help the reservoir
Aqua marine PINPOINT pH controller w/peristaltic pump
Tri-Meter (pH, EC, *F)
Air Pump and stones
millions of dollars worth of pumps hoses timers elbows T's power strips etc etc etc etc

Nutes:
Revised AN Connoisseur Line.

Subscribed! :popcorn: I want to see you hit that majic #!!
BTW, kinda funny, I read at least one of your volks-grows a while back when I was researching for my set-up, so the other day when I watched Stargate-Universe's latest episode and saw a Volksgarden in their newly acquired abondonded by a higher race intergalactic ship I laughed and thought of you.
Much Aloha!

Subscribed! :popcorn: I want to see you hit that majic #!!
BTW, kinda funny, I read at least one of your volks-grows a while back when I was researching for my set-up, so the other day when I watched Stargate-Universe's latest episode and saw a Volksgarden in their newly acquired abondonded by a higher race intergalactic ship I laughed and thought of you.
Much Aloha!

Welcome Duck!
Glad to have you aboard. I wish I watched that show, I am definitely a big enough nerd, and I loved the hell out of the movie. Just never picked it up. Maybe I'll do it up on netflix.

Oh, and I guess a crucial question....what strain are you choosing to hit that grand (literally, 1kw x 1g/w = a grand grow) yield #?

I'm going with the two strains I have going right now, A local strain known as "Holy Shit" and greenhouse seeds "Great White Shark". At least that's what I have in the Ebb. . . What's going into the Aero is yet to be determined. Probably more of the same.

I really want to see the pics of these plants!!!:popcorn:

Welcome LOTs here they come. ;)

OK, here we go again. Let the quest begin.

down to one tent, the room is more manageable. Still a bit tight in here though

Day-1-4-1-01.JPG

the 55 gal res for the fesca. The 1 k hps on the wall. . . I took it off and put it on top of the tent to keep with the stealth mode.

Day-1-4-1-02.JPG

a shelf i installed with goodies.

Day-1-4-1-28.JPG

Day-1-4-1-27.JPG

150 w chiller. . . not very much help.

Day-1-4-1-29.JPG

Here is my new res setup. pH controller on the res, tri-meter on the wall, air pump hanging, peristaltic pump into pH down and the res. Redundancy means reliability.

Day-1-4-1-03.JPG

Here is the controller. It took a little playing with, and I imagine when there girls get hungry and start drinking a lot the tuning may be off, but I found some settings I'm happy with. For this controller you set a middle point which is your target value, and then a range above and below to start dosing. when it starts dosing (for me, 6.1), it goes until it hits the target (5.7, but ends up being 5.4 when it settles) and stops. this stuff is super powerful. now that I think about it I think I'll dilute it down and put it in a gallon container. Then I can have more control.

Day-1-4-1-04.JPG

I upgraded the pump to a 800 gph pump, and they fill in 13 minutes. perfect. STG suggests 15 minutes be the maximum flood time, 8 times a day. wish i could do shorter floods than that, but it'll do just fine.

Day-1-4-1-23.JPG

So here is the ebb on april first. . . what I'll call day 1 veg.
23 plants mixed up GWS and HS and I don't know which are which. . . I will definitely know when flower hits as they are distinctly different. it's about 50/50. I will label the pots soon.

Day-1-4-1-07.JPG

you can see all of the lines are run in straight shots. . . all of the turns are made with elbows or tees. this is to make the flood faster and less likely to ever clog.

Day-1-4-1-08.JPG

my room slopes to the right front corner a bit so I had to raise those pots a 1" to get them to drain fully. if I had more of these little wooden things, I'd put them under all the pots, as they make them drain and extra 1" from the bottom of the pots.

Day-1-4-1-09.JPG

Back
Top Bottom