First Grow - 10 Random Seeds April 2010

DSC003032.JPG
DSC003102.JPG
DSC003094.JPG
DSC003123.JPG

Hi there nancy!

Looks like you have a nice set-up there! Did you get your seed from a seed site or bagseed?

I'll be keeping my eye on this grow! make sure your pH is around 6.8. Looks like you got that covered tho. ;)

Cheers

Hi Jasonlee247,

Thanks for replying to my journal - I'm new to this site and forum posting.

The seeds: They are not bought from anywhere, though i am planning to do that, so would love suggestions on the best indoor strains, places to buy from and so forth.

The seeds i have are from what people sell and call Thia Weed. I bought a quarter and it was full of seeds... I'm hoping I could still grow something decent and I hope to have a least a couple of females. What do you think?

Last year i got a few nice vegging plants from the same source - though, these where just left outside in UK summer conditions which is not great, the pictures are below. (no nutrients, no nothing - just watered accordingly.)

Photo_1941.jpg
Photo_195.jpg

You can see they are reaching for the sky!

Also, does anyone know the difference between weed and skunk - weed is so much more darker in colour and has no THC, tho it gives just the right level of highness to be able to get away with a morning smoke without folding.

After some research I found out that cannabis with seeds is not exactly sensemillia in its most purest form, (its basically males and females grown together.) So in this environment its inevitable that the quality of the plant would be weakened and I'm thinking people call this type of cultivation weed...

enlighten me please :eek:)

Just googled 'bagseeds.' Yes, that's what I have... lol

Also, I live in a hard water area and so I have to use nitric acid to bring the pH down (suggested amount 5ml to 100L of water). But I only make up a litre each time I water, so i use a pin to drip fraction amounts of nitric acid in.

After bringing the pH down - I was wondering whether the water can be stored for use in a sprayer or should I use fresh water each time i water and bring the pH down each time?

thanks

Just googled 'bagseeds.' Yes, that's what I have... lol

Also, I live in a hard water area and so I have to use nitric acid to bring the pH down (suggested amount 5ml to 100L of water). But I only make up a litre each time I water, so i use a pin to drip fraction amounts of nitric acid in.

After bringing the pH down - I was wondering whether the water can be stored for use in a sprayer or should I use fresh water each time i water bring the pH down each time?

thanks
Hello there Nancydillon :cool:

I am no expert myself, I just started my 2nd grow, but I think you could easly store this solution, but in dark not to warm place.

I will definetly stay tuned into this and I will answer all the questions you have if I know the answer, offcourse. :reading420magazine::goodluck:

:peacetwo:

Hello there Nancydillon :cool:

I am no expert myself, I just started my 2nd grow, but I think you could easly store this solution, but in dark not to warm place.

I will definetly stay tuned into this and I will answer all the questions you have if I know the answer, offcourse. :reading420magazine::goodluck:

Hi sokrates209

- Just took a look at your journal - niiice set up:goodjob:and thanks for the advice on the water, MUCH appreciated.

I planted my seeds yesterday and i don't expect to see anything pop through until another week or so, but can anyone tell me if i should continue to propagate with the lights on @ the 18/24 cycle or with them off? I see no point using lights if the seed is still under soil. I'm only asking because the last time i attempted to grow, i just through some seeds ina plant pot on a windowsill and they germinated nicely.

:roorrip:

I don't know what others will say, but I put my seeds to glass of tap water to germinate, and then when I can see the root I put them to the cups you can see in my jurnal. I water them every 4h with 22c water and I keep my lights on all time. It is maybe a waste of power, but at least it keep them warm.

I'veprefer placing a soaked (but not dripping wet) paper towel into a ziplock baggy, placing the seeds in there and sealing most of the air out will create a small 'greenhouse' effect and usually germinates seeds in a couple days. no light required. just put them on top of your refridgerator. Just carefully pick them out (carefull not to harm the shell or taproot) and plant them about a 1/4" into your soil.

Hi Jasonlee247,

Thanks for replying to my journal - I'm new to this site and forum posting.

The seeds: They are not bought from anywhere, though i am planning to do that, so would love suggestions on the best indoor strains, places to buy from and so forth.

The seeds i have are from what people sell and call Thia Weed. I bought a quarter and it was full of seeds... I'm hoping I could still grow something decent and I hope to have a least a couple of females. What do you think?

Last year i got a few nice vegging plants from the same source - though, these where just left outside in UK summer conditions which is not great, the pictures are below. (no nutrients, no nothing - just watered accordingly.)

Photo_1941.jpg
Photo_195.jpg

You can see they are reaching for the sky!

Also, does anyone know the difference between weed and skunk - weed is so much more darker in colour and has no THC, tho it gives just the right level of highness to be able to get away with a morning smoke without folding.

After some research I found out that cannabis with seeds is not exactly sensemillia in its most purest form, (its basically males and females grown together.) So in this environment its inevitable that the quality of the plant would be weakened and I'm thinking people call this type of cultivation weed...

enlighten me please :eek:)

it sounds llike your bagseed came from low grade. They will most likely have a few females, and since you have mystery genetics they could be totally good or bad weed. the plants in your picture are Sativa, and if they have good potent genetics will have more of a head 'high' effect VS. a stoned "couchlock" effect. I would assume that since you got your seeds from low/mid grade that with a little love your plants can potentially be much better than the weed they came from which was most likely mistreated durring mass production.

The difference between 'skunk' and 'weed' as your saying it would be quality, but all smokeable cannabis DOES have THC. Skunk or Skunky' is a term that smokers will use for really good weed, but Skunk is actually an original Man Made hybrid Afghan cannabis (Skunk #1) that revolutionized cannabis as we know it. It is known world wide for both uniform growth and very high quality smoke, hence; "Man that is some dank 'skunky' bud!" ......anyways.

Oh, also with the pH, there are a lot of ways to go about it, but ideally you would want to pH ballance your water in larger batches (I do it by the gallon or 5gallon jug here) and always use that water (pH 6.8 for soil) to water with so that you can keep pH more constant in your soil. It also helps to take a pH reading from the drain water from your soil to see how high or low your pH drifts after being in the soil.

Sorry for the long post, hope that helps!!

I'veprefer placing a soaked (but not dripping wet) paper towel into a ziplock baggy, placing the seeds in there and sealing most of the air out will create a small 'greenhouse' effect and usually germinates seeds in a couple days. no light required. just put them on top of your refridgerator. Just carefully pick them out (carefull not to harm the shell or taproot) and plant them about a 1/4" into your soil.

it sounds llike your bagseed came from low grade. They will most likely have a few females, and since you have mystery genetics they could be totally good or bad weed. the plants in your picture are Sativa, and if they have good potent genetics will have more of a head 'high' effect VS. a stoned "couchlock" effect. I would assume that since you got your seeds from low/mid grade that with a little love your plants can potentially be much better than the weed they came from which was most likely mistreated durring mass production.

The difference between 'skunk' and 'weed' as your saying it would be quality, but all smokeable cannabis DOES have THC. Skunk or Skunky' is a term that smokers will use for really good weed, but Skunk is actually an original Man Made hybrid Afghan cannabis (Skunk #1) that revolutionized cannabis as we know it. It is known world wide for both uniform growth and very high quality smoke, hence; "Man that is some dank 'skunky' bud!" ......anyways.

Oh, also with the pH, there are a lot of ways to go about it, but ideally you would want to pH ballance your water in larger batches (I do it by the gallon or 5gallon jug here) and always use that water (pH 6.8 for soil) to water with so that you can keep pH more constant in your soil. It also helps to take a pH reading from the drain water from your soil to see how high or low your pH drifts after being in the soil.

Sorry for the long post, hope that helps!!

Thanks so much - That was really helpful information... Seeing as I have about 100 seeds of the same strain i'm wondering whether I should learn how to LST or Scrog to keep the height of the plant down, or maybe regularly cut the tops so it doesn't grow so tall.

Now i'm thinking i should have bought a bigger grow space. lol

hehe :Rasta: it's like never ending story with growing, You buy one thing and then another and another and before you realise you have enough equipment to start second grow :). I already prepared my much bigger flowering space, but I need to buy reflector for it and I have to replace reflector for veg tent, it's a home made at the moment.
So if you thinking about buying something to flower, GrowLab was the choice for me as they have loads non standard sizes :slide:.
:goodluck: my friend.

hehe :Rasta: it's like never ending story with growing, You buy one thing and then another and another and before you realise you have enough equipment to start second grow :).... :peacetwo:

Does anyone know approximately how much they have spent on their set up... my budget is breaking and is now around £600 (basic grow and harvest) - not including a clone or mother station/set up.

Patience, is the key to victory

I feel like I'm trying to conceive - the little buggers are taking their time to germinate :eek:( But when they do, I've considered naming them, here's a few guaranteed... any other ideas for names would be grateful.

Nancy (weeds)
Emery (Marc)
Dillon (magic roundabout)
Bulldog (hotel Amsterdam)
Snoop's MILF
Stella (Artois)
My twins: Cain and Abel (planting two in a pot)
Optimus Prime
Old Boy
Lady Vengeance
amERYKAH (Badu)
and finally.... Machiavelli

*** a couple have begun sprouting *** oh yeaaa!:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom