Golden Girls First Time Growing and Need Help Please

golden girl

hi ive never done this before and this is my fist time i have been given a tent off a friend some cutting and plants they are blue cheese and bubble gum
i will try and give u as much information as i can here we go...

Indoor growing Soil

strain: three bule cheese plants three blue cheese cuttings and seven bubble gum cuttings

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid: dont know

What percentages dont know

Veg stage 3 of tham are how long i dont know

Soil is coco

Size of pots dont know

Size of light is 250 CFL set on a 18- 6 with timer

No aircooled

No Pests known

I water tham ever 2 days no food given at the moment but have got some on sand by for when is needed

here is some info about the tent

7tf Length 4ft height but im useing half of it
i have lay down in the cellar horisontaly because my cellar is only 6 ft hight
its
* Highly Reflective Material
significant increase in reflectivity for improved lighting performance
* Thermally Protected
reflects 97% of all radiant heat for superior insulation
* Completely Non-Toxic
will not react under light and heat
* Light-Proof Material
prevent light from escaping or entering for controlled light cycles
* Movable Roof Cross Members
easily adjust lighting and accessories
* Easy Assembly and Disassembly
includes carrying bag for portability
* Dual-Sock Ports for cords, fans, and filter attachments
no more clamps or reducers needed!
* Solid Construction
supports 65lbs on the cross members

oil filled radiator

i will have to take some pic so u can see how iv set it up

puff puff give

Re: gilden girl fist time growing and need help plz

050110_172908.jpg

bule cheese
050110_172602.jpg

i am did intend on purchasing a 600 watt hps lamp for flowering but i was going to put that into a differnt room which i am in the process of building looking at my setup what do you think the minimum recomened lighting should be for my veg room

Hello golden girl and :welcome: to 420.
Great going. :cheer:
Seeing how that light puts off little heat you can lower it...Say foot away from your Plants.
Try and raise the little ones, By putting something under them to get all the plants a the same height for better and even light distribution.
We are very happy you are here sharing your grow with 420. :bravo:
Please any questions...Post them... Someone is always here. ;)
Happy Growin' golden girl.
:goodluck:

I think if you are planning on growing everything in those pictures you should get a 600 watt or 1000 of you have the extra cash. I still kick myself for buying a 400 when I looked at the price difference for a 1000. Was like a $70-80 difference.

I've got a 6oo watt hps bulb just need to get a reflector and ballast but my friend said the tent gets to hot and the way i have lay the tent down the light will be too close to the plants I am making a room size 4ft Length 6ft height with white black plastic and that 6oo hps so I intend on using the hps for my flower room and i want to keep the tent for veging so maybe i need to add another cfl light or some fluorescent tube

How are you doing?
Are you still Golden...Girl?
How more CFLs are deciding to add?
:cheer: :Rasta:

Hey The Weed we our both very well my friend for those of you that don't know who I am I am golden girls other half so yes golden girl is still golden girl and this is our first grow we moved the tent upstairs this morning so now it is stood up we will take some pics and upload soon we haven't decided properly yet with regards to the lights we are definitely purchasing a hps lighting system next week for flowering but we plan on building a flower room in the basement as we would like to have a flower room and a veg room running at the same time I was thinking maybe adding a T5 lightwave to the tent but i'm not too sure what is the best option what do you guys think ?

Hi guys as i said in my last post we moved the tent and stood it vertically after some advice from a friend I think the light needs to be lowered a bit and the clones put on something bigger to get them closer to the light
050410_091900.jpg

this ones looking great
050410_091721.jpg

050410_091650.jpg

unfortunately this one was exposed to a fan heater it is starting to pick back up
050410_091436.jpg

050410_091519.jpg

I am a little concerned about this one does not too healthy
050410_091131.jpg

050410_091340.jpg

Jim bean clones looking good not too sure about the bubble gum and cheese cuttings
050410_091022.jpg

could admin please correct the spelling in the title of this thread ? or just rename "Golden girls first grow" would be much appreciated

Re: golden girls first time growing and need help plz

little update all cuttings showing roots when should we remove the domes and when should we transplant ?

haha dont tuch the cutting not yet love 2 or 3 week`s and than we will do tham thay need more roots on tham be4 we do that .
could some one plz tell me if the tops of my two bule cheese plants will still grow up or will thay just grow out ways ????
there not looking to good :(

haha dont tuch the cutting not yet love 2 or 3 week`s and than we will do tham thay need more roots on tham be4 we do that .
could some one plz tell me if the tops of my two bule cheese plants will still grow up or will thay just grow out ways ????
there not looking to good :(

Don't worry they will be fine! The side branches will grow up to become tops more cola's, it will grow out more then before like a bush, but it will still get height and grow up. :peacetwo:

thank you can u tell me if i was to put in 4 plug with 65w CFL would it help tham to grow more or what would be the cheapest light set up ??? .

The CFL are a cheap way to go until you find a cheap MH or HPS. Here is a really good post on CFL bulbs!

CFL Light Tutorial

Here is a pic of a 400 watt CFL fixture I made it is dam bright...

CFL_hood_004.JPG
It now has a vent in the top, Good luck!

Lower that light!! Pound those babies with that light! I read something from someone about getting a MH bulb... Waste of money in my opinion, you will see very little difference; if any, using a MH bulb over a HPS. CFLs and florescents are probably the cheapest way to veg and they can get the job done very well. Just make sure you get some CFL bulbs in the correct spectrum. The 2700k ones are more for flowering since they are more in the red/orange spectrum. Get some 5600k or 6000k bulbs since they are more in the blue spectrum which is good for vegging.

Mule posted a great link about CFL bulbs!! And also Mule very sexy CFL fixture haha i love it.

If you are planning on buying a 600w HPS you will need a air-cooled reflector and an inline fan so you can put the lamp as close to your plants as possible. I use a 600w HPS for flowering and some 2700k CFL bulbs for side lighting. I bought a thermometer that has a wired sensor so I wire it directly to where the tops of my plants are so I know how hot they are feeling and also lets me know how low I can put my light.

:goodluck::rollit::popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom