Bud Stankalot's Outdoor 2010

Bud stankalot

Welcome all to the new outdoor season. Unlike last year I got a good head start this time and cracked my beans at the end of February. I'm not exactly sure how many plants I've got going. I need to count them. I'm growing Platinum Headband and some clones I've kept going from last season that I've aptly dubbed as Country Haze.

After my many mistakes last year I feel that I can really grow a good crop this go round. I've got a great spot picked out and everything is ready to roll. I'm growing in 5 gallon buckets for the time being. If things get really crazy I may just transplant into 18 gallon tubs to finish them out. All the plants in my garden have already been sexed and the only ones left are female.

I started everything under a 4 ft fluorescent shop light. Once the weather got warm enough I transplanted to the 5 gallon buckets and started putting them outside to harden off. Two of my Headband's have been staying outside all of the time, but the rest are still inside waiting for the weather to improve. It has warmed up pretty nice, but there is a lot of cold rain that I'd like to avoid. I'm hoping next week is the turning point for the weather.

The soil in my area consists of an extremely heavy clay that sticks to everything and makes my life miserable. I decided to save some cash here and mixed my own soil instead of buying bales from the local nursery. I used my pre existing soil at a ratio of 18 gallons soil, to 80 lbs of sand, 4 quarts perlite, 3 cubic yards of coco coir, and some potting soil I had laying around for good luck. This stuff is great. Is has quick drainage, but still manages to hold plenty of water.

My new spot is close to me so I won't be making any more long walks into the woods and dealing with all of the ticks and other nasty critters. I'm pretty excited to commit all of my plants to full time sun in another week. I'm going to post a few pictures when I get the chance from February and bring us up to speed. From here on out I'll update weekly or whenever I get time.

I hope everyone out in 420 Land is having a great grow. Here's to this year's harvest!!!!

The beginning
IMG_01007.jpg

They look awesome.
I'd never heard of Platinum Headband before. but then again there are lots of strains i've never heard of.

I can't wait to see some pics of them nice and tall outside.

good luck buddy.

Thanks, Jakal. I've smoked on the Headband and I love it. It's not the most potent bud available, but it's the most potent available to me at the moment. The seeds came from a breeder friend of mine and a road trip.

This is just a little info I pulled off the net, so who knows how reliable it is.

"Platinum Headband is a hybrid crossed with some of the best Indica genetics available – It is a Cross of OG Kush X Master Kush X Sour Diesel. Along with a strong medicating effect, the smoke is thick & heavy. The buds are frosted with trichomes and very dense."

Sounds basically like every other strain out there. Lol. I'm looking forward to it regardless.

Yea, the ones im growing are suposed to be pretty average, but to me it's gonna be the best smoke ever. because i grew it.
True that. For me I love having bud when I want it, but it's about the journey more than anything. I started last year with my outdoor and there hasn't been a time since that I didn't have some plants going. It's addicting. If I were ever to stop smoking (I won't) then I will keep growing. Gardening in general is a lot of fun, but there is something special and unique about Cannabis that I love most.
:ganjamon::ganjamon:

I love this. I am doing my first outdoor grow this year. I have a friend starting the plants indoors, since the weather is sooooo bad here. We get frost until mid May. The ground is ready. The ground squirrels have been encouraged to go elsewhere and I am so excited. I know I am going to make mistakes, but learning is fun

I love this. I am doing my first outdoor grow this year. I have a friend starting the plants indoors, since the weather is sooooo bad here. We get frost until mid May. The ground is ready. The ground squirrels have been encouraged to go elsewhere and I am so excited. I know I am going to make mistakes, but learning is fun

For sure. Learning is the most fun when you get some fire product at the end of your trials to blaze. Best of luck on your grow. And welcome to 420 Mag. You'll find any and everything you need here to strike a successful garden. Thanks for checking out my thread!!

Hey Bud, those babies look great!

I see you live the country life allright.. shotgun shells, a reel and an empty container of some sort of adult drink.. looks like the back of my truck.

Wish ya' the best of luck with your grow bro. and I'll be here till the end.

Back
Top Bottom