Double Double Soil and Bubbles

GaladrielDreams

This is my second grow, first grow link is in my signature.

I am going to be doing Deep Water Culture Hydroponics and Soil Mothers for Clones

1 DWC Growers Choice Kit from Stealth Hydro
1 DIY DWC resevoir
2 Soil Mama Plants (planing on using Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil with perlite)
Dual Spectrum CFL Lights - Kit from Stealth Hydro

My kit is here...

The Ona Gel must have blown up cause of the altitude. It leaked ALL over everything. It smells OK, but it is overpowering all at once.

Looked through everything and I have notice that they Forgot my Rockwool, both for the kit, and the extra I ordered.

The PH Up and DOwn are in ZIPLOCK BAGGIES not tubs, The Ballasts have DENTS, The hydroton is in a ZIPLOCK baggy. I'm not impressed. I spent close to 300 bucks on this order, and they forget the rockwool, the PH up and down are in baggies not tubs. I'm calling tomorrow and bitching...

I have pictures, but the box was a mess, the ONA Gel blew up and it smells to high heaven. I am going to have to wash everything thoroughly to get any residue off it

So far this grow is not starting off on a good foot.

I'm trying to clear out the ONA GEL from my NOSE!!! UGH!!!!

I have pics, but they are REALLY LAME.

I'm not impressed with the packaging. Plus the res is TINY!!! The box I bought at wallyworld the other day is bigger!!!

DSC02953.JPG

DSC029521.JPG

DSC029511.JPG

DSC029502.JPG

DSC029491.JPG

DSC029481.JPG
DSC029471.JPG

DSC02946.JPG

DSC02945.JPG

DSC029441.JPG

DSC029431.JPG

DSC02942.JPG

My piece.

Nice! those were not lame at all! I got giddy looking over all that! though I had to look it over twice, I saw the hole in your res where a drain should be and was like, uuuhh, then I went back over and saw the drain kit.. :laughtwo:

Explanation of Journal Title

Double Double ( 2 DWC Hydro res) with paired cups
Soil (obvious)
Bubbles The DWC

So paired DWC reservoirs with paired grow cups. Second Grow, with Soil and Bubbles

Dear god my head is pounding...

Nice purchase! :thumb: I'm in for this one. :popcorn:

I posted this on the BH Home Thread earlier, so don't worry too much. :passitleft:

GD - yo sis, SH goofed one of my orders once. I called them and they made it right, no hassles. They might make an error, but their customer service takes care of it ASAP. I'm sure once you talk to them during business hours they'll hook you up. ;)

Nice purchase! :thumb: I'm in for this one. :popcorn:

I posted this on the BH Home Thread earlier, so don't worry too much. :passitleft:
GD - yo sis, SH goofed one of my orders once. I called them and they made it right, no hassles. They might make an error, but their customer service takes care of it ASAP. I'm sure once you talk to them during business hours they'll hook you up. ;)
Thanks Green!

I'm just disappointed that I have to wait for the Rockwool. The Ona Gel blowing up in the box wasn't all too pleasant either. Still trying to air the house out... LOL I had high expectations (no pun intended) and I was a bit disappointed with the way they sent out the PH up and Down. In a plain old regular ziplock baggie with labels that I could make with my printer. The guy that must have packed my order must have been in a hurry. I didn't even get the 4 cubes that are supposed to come with the kit :(

The res is teeny compared to the DIY one I have. I think I can get away with 4, 5 inch baskets on it.

My head is still pounding...

BTW, you may want to look at some of the links in my sig for help with the DWC.
:hookah:

I've read Rosemans Tutorial (ALL the way through) 3 times LOL. I've checked out the SH Troubleshooting and tips thread 3 times.

I'm ready to go!

Ona Gel

ITS ALL I SMELL!!!!

Can't wait to make coffee tomorrow. At least it will cover it up for a bit.

Sorry to hear 'bout your ordering disaster, but I'm saddled in for your grow. The best of luck on it.:thumb:

The Ona Gel Smell has dissipated :)

I called SH and told them if they send anything that was packed at sea level and send it to a place with altitude, that it will burst from the pressure. I told them to stick it in a ziplock baggie, that way if and when it bursts, it will be contained to the ziplock baggie. They are also going to send me the missing rockwool.

It's weird, My dad worked just down the street from SH. He worked at the GM Hydramatics plant in Ypsalanti. My brother owns a furniture store in Ann Arbor. All close to SH store and warehouse.

Stuff I still need for the Grow:

1. 4 Hydronet baskets (DIY DWC Res)
  2. More Hydroton (DIY Res)
  3. Surge Suppressors
  4. Gallon Jugs (keep milk gallons and rinse thoroughly
  5. 5 Gallon Buckets (kitty litter buckets and rinse thoroughly)
  6. Clone Tray and Dome
  7. Clonex Gel
  8. PH Calibration Solutions
  9. Oscillating Fans
  10. 5000k Lumen CFLs for Vegging
  11. Brooder Ballast (walmart has metal ones for 12 bucks)
  12. Light extender and Splitters
  13. Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
  14. Perlite
  15. Recipe for Success Kit
  16. Sunglasses (damn lights made me snow blind last grow)
  17. Weatherstripping to light proof the closet door
  18. Panda Film
  19. Framing material for light proof enclosure
That's it for now. I have all the expensive items. I told Hubby I want to get most of this list for birthday presents. Along with some clones ;)

Here's a couple pics of my first grow harvest. They are in a LARGE Yankee candle (28oz)jar that has been through the dishwasher a dozen times, and has no trace of the smell of the candle that was in it.

DSC029551.JPG

DSC02954.JPG

And my new Cell phone snuck into the picture... LOL

Back
Top Bottom