Xbox's Indoor Soil Grow - Blue Dream - 2010

Well, this is my second grow so i guess ill start a grow journal for you guys to check out and give tips and advice, and just watch the girl grow up!

My first grow was with a local strain Green Funk Kush which i completely failed on growing (got to flowering, but its only 6 inches and faint colored lol), but in the process learned alot. So hopefully this second grow will go along a lot more smoothly. :slide:

Strain - Blue Dream - Clone - Hybrid Strain
Veg Mode - Couple Days
Indoors - First time doing it like this
Medium - Osh Premium Potting Soil (pH'd 5.5 to 6.5 range) (Time Release Nutes Sadly) + Perlite
Pot Size - 5 Gallon
Lights - Veg - 2 6500k CLF (23 watt each | 100 watt equivalent) (1 to 2 inches away)
------- Flowering - 2 3000k MH (39 watt each)
Closet Temp - 75 to 85 degrees
Water - Tap, pH 6.5
-------- Watering when pot feels light
No Nutes added yet, but will use Botanicare Power Plant.

IMG_0608-1.jpg

IMG_0609-1.jpg

yah, i have pictures of my first grow, dont get too excited over it, it ended up being 6 inches tall and it went into flowering, ive got a couple more weeks till i harvest her and im probably gonna only get a couple of grams, but it was a learning experience.

Here is my gallery

Also, i really need help as to why im getting pH spots when ive pH'd my water too 6.5 to <7.0 range! I dont wanna run into this problem like how i did with my last grow!

IMG_0613-1.jpg

Small update. No new pics yet.

Well currently she has been losing her lush rich green color and going towards the lighter shades and the cut wounds on her leaves are starting to go yellow. I'm not sure if it's still shock to from the new medium, temperature problem, or even the water im using. Last couple days i dropped her outside to enjoy the energy rich sun rays so hopefully that will help her adapt to the new medium and provide energy to grow. I don't believe the lights have provide adequate lumens (total 3200), but ive read that's enough to keep her in veg and promote growth.

Well currently she has been losing her lush rich green color and going towards the lighter shades and the cut wounds on her leaves are starting to go yellow. I'm not sure if it's still shock to from the new medium, temperature problem, or even the water im using.

Where in Cali are you Xbox?
I had to learn the hard way that Sacramento's tap water is horrible for growing plant life.
It's filled with so many solids and metals that it chokes the plant out by restricting nutrition uptake.
Now I'm using store bought reverse osmosis water and things are much better.
My plants drink better water then I do.
Good luck.

Where in Cali are you Xbox?
I had to learn the hard way that Sacramento's tap water is horrible for growing plant life.
It's filled with so many solids and metals that it chokes the plant out by restricting nutrition uptake.
Now I'm using store bought reverse osmosis water and things are much better.
My plants drink better water then I do.
Good luck.

Im from the central valley, i dont thing the water here is that bad, since this is the agricultural area of california.

Ive also read that reverse osmosis water is bad unless you add the trace materials back into it (CalMag). On my first grow i used to by that type of water, and she started going in the wrong direction, i switched to tap and she got better, but not full. I think the pH spots have stopped. Ive only got 2 and no more and they havent gotten larger. I think my problem was that i havent been water as much lately, so im going to start watering every day (or every other day) and keep her in the sun for the 10 hours to get maximum lighting, then move her in to keep her in veg because its harvest time outside right now.

Well its been a week since ive started got her into the new medium. At first i was feeling worried, but quickly realized how resilient these plants can be! She has perked up and adapted nicely to the medium, and with the help of outdoor sun light, its given her a mighty boost in energy. I feel that a combo of indoors/outdoors will help me veg faster and cut down on electrical costs, and help toughen her up to the harsher conditions of outdoors--temperature! I have noticed that the heat has gotten to her a little bit, as seen in the new growth, the tips are a tad bit stressed, but im sure it wont cause any harm.

I also have switched over to using filtered water from the refrigerator instead of pure tap. I add a tablespoon of epsom salt per gallon to give that extra magnesium boost. I've also increased the watering times to 3 cups of water every day. She drains very nicely and so far havent seen any problems occur.

Only problem i have is that she has yellowed up a bit to a nice light shade of green. I feel that she may be lacking in nitrogen, but I don't wanna give it her food so early that it will burn her. I may add 1/4 the strength soon to her water to get that lush green back.

Now for some pics!

IMG_0652-1.jpg
IMG_0650-1.jpg
IMG_0654-1.jpg

lol funnystyle, i was going for weekly updates, every monday so that you guys can see the growth, but ill go more often if you'd like :)

So i have permanently switched to the indoor/outdoor combo grow to utilize the sun as much as possible and cfl's to keep her in veg grow instead of prematurely flowering (like my last one haha).

I think she enjoys a little misting, and have been misting her 3 times a day, and she's looking real good. I wake up and place her outside, water, and mist her at 8am. Then i bring her indoors from 12pm-3pm, mist her again, and set her by the window; that way she gets the sun and the cool atmosphere of the house. At around 3pm-12am she goes under the cfl. When im heading to bed i shut the lights off, I mist her again.

For these 2 weeks ive been watering her 3 cups a day/every day of 6.5 pH filtered water with a teaspoon of epsom salt (a lil mag boost shouldnt be bad - so far so good). Some may say im watering too much, but she drains very fast, so it doesn't hurt. I think very soon im going to start giving a little bit of nutes, just so that the leaves don't start going too yellow on me.

I'm also considering starting to LST pretty soon, hopefully i can get a couple of clones from her and have a decent harvest.

IMG_0755-1.jpg
IMG_0756-1.jpg
IMG_0757-1.jpg

(she's at the window right now ^^^)

Back
Top Bottom