Seeds - Seeds and More Seeds

Sonzor

Whats up boys and girls. Although there will be nothing exciting going on in this journal and do not expect too much interest, I miss posting and I have a little something going on and its nice to document it for me to check out in the future.

No big plants here. Nothing more than 2 feet and I am surprised they got that big.

With that said here we go.

What I have done is sprouted 6 seeds, 3 Full Moon, 2 LBHaze and 1 Mystery with the intent on crossing the LBHaze with my Full Moon and Mystery plants.

All six sprouted no problem and was hoping for at least 2 males one Full Moon and One LBHaze. What I got was 5 females, all three Full Moon, 1 Mystery and 1 LBHaze, The One and only Male was a LBHaze. Which in the end will work out just fine.

So I waited for the plants to get around Six inches tall and put them outside to start flowering. They all went through a bit of stress since when I put them outside God decided to send us a heat wave and temps where well over the 100 degree mark. And since I was out of town for that week they had to just stick it out. I got home and they did not take the heat all that well. They where still alive but did not look all that good. Anyway I nursed them back to health and besides a little white fly issues they are doing just fine.

The Full moon stretched about another six inches and are a little less than a foot tall. The Mystery and LBhaze stretched a whole lot more and are around 2 feet.

At this point I have spread the pollin from the LBHaze male on 2 of the Full Moons and the Mystery plants. Started to pollinate about a week ago. I will let the LBHaze and the remaining Full Moon just bud up and give me a small amount of buds that I will smoke in the end. That is if all goes well.

They will be grown outside so weather could become an issue and ruin everything but I am going to roll the dice and hopefully everything will work out...

I used my own little compost and soil mixture and will be feeding them FoxFarms Big Bloom, Snow Storm Ultra and compost tea. My normal routine is not to use anything like FoxFarms or Snow Storm but I thought I would give it a try on this run since it is mostly for seeds, and see how it works out.

Anyway here is some pics of my progress at around 3 weeks,

First is the Full Moon that I did not pollinate
full_moon01_wk3_1.jpg

full_moon01_wk3_2.jpg

The next two are pollinated Full Moon flowers, I used the male LBhaze.
full_moon02_wk3_1.jpg

full_moon02_wk3_2.jpg

full_moon02_wk3_3.jpg

full_moon03_wk3_1.jpg

full_moon03_wk3_2.jpg

The next is the LBhaze that was not pollinated
lbhaze_01_wk3_1.jpg

lbhaze_01_wk3_2.jpg

Next is the Mystery pollinated with the LBhaze
mystery01_wk3_1.jpg

mystery01_wk3_2.jpg

mystery01_wk3_3.jpg

And here is the daddy, a male LBhaze, at least I got this one...
lbhaze_02_wk3_1.jpg

Thanks for taking a look and as always all comments and suggestion are greatly appreciated...

hey man. nice little girls ya got there. i have to say, i'm a huge fan of the Mystery. the shape of the sun leaves and that top bud are just magical looking.

keep up the good work.

WoW... this is going to be interesting! I missed your photography skillz too, crossing my fingers the weather is good to you. LBxFM and LBxMS :Rasta:

Hello siscokid, not sure how interesting it is going to be but thanks for the good words. As for the weather I think I should be ok, but you never know, just have to make it through the next month and I think all will work out. Fingers are crossed. Thanks for stopping in and you comments are always appreciated.

Thanks Frettheweed I appreciate you taking the time to stop in and comment.

hey man. nice little girls ya got there. i have to say, i'm a huge fan of the Mystery. the shape of the sun leaves and that top bud are just magical looking.

keep up the good work.

Thanks newsisnoise, The mystery is looking pretty nice but it always start out that way. I have not had any luck with this strain although I have no idea what stain it is. The seeds where free from a screw up from a seed company and they just call them free. We will see how she goes... Thanks for stopping in and the comments...

no problem. have you found the Mystery to be fairly stable, or are you seeing lots of different phenotypes?

no problem. have you found the Mystery to be fairly stable, or are you seeing lots of different phenotypes?

Whats up newsisnoise, out of the 10 seeds they have all been pretty much the same, they grow tall and fast, and then pretty much die, Cant figure them out. Maybe they need to be grown indoors and are not tolerant of a lot of sun or maybe its the nutes, just have not had any luck, This one seems to be doing pretty good but the others all started out that way too but we will see. Thanks for stopping in.

hmm. that's kinda strange. i don't know what to tell you man. nothing ever finished, huh? it's really too bad. best of luck with this one. *crosses fingers*

Very Interesting Sonzor! I have a flower off a female (no name, last ditch attempt) and a female plant (clone no name) getting ready to flower. Do you think I can just inseminate one section of the plant??? to get seed?

hmm. that's kinda strange. i don't know what to tell you man. nothing ever finished, huh? it's really too bad. best of luck with this one. *crosses fingers*

Odd I know but what are you going to do. Let hope this one works out... Thanks for stopping in.

Very Interesting Sonzor! I have a flower off a female (no name, last ditch attempt) and a female plant (clone no name) getting ready to flower. Do you think I can just inseminate one section of the plant??? to get seed?

Hello Tmac12, absolutely you can, just be careful. Use a q-tip and turn off your fans, also mark it with some tape or something so you don't forget which on you pollinated. Good luck and thanks for stopping in...

Whats up boys and girls, thanks for all the post. Way more than I expected.

I am pretty close to the 4th week on these ladies. Not exact since I really don't keep that close of attention on how long. I mostly rely on the ladies to tell me when they are ready.

Weather has held up pretty well, had a little rain but mostly its been in the low to mid 70s during the day and down to the mid 40s at night and lots of sun. Plants seem to be enjoying the sunshine and don't seem to mind the 40s at night but still a ways to go so we will see.

As for the plants, The LB Haze seems to be doing really well its small so not expecting to much but its top is looking really nice, packing on some weight and getting some frost on her. The one Full Moon that has not been pollinated is getting very frosty, although the buds are not big by any means, they are super, super dense and still has a ways to go..

As for the seed plants the two Full Moon are already starting to seed. The mystery shows no signs of seeds but it is way behind the others.

Also I think I over did it on the nutes. Although I have been using less than the recommended amounts I think it is still a little too much with the nutes that are already in the soil so I will cut back on those a little more and hopefully it will clear up...

Also the male LB Haze has done its job and has been laid to rest in the compost pile. RIP...

Went kind of crazy with the pictures but I like pictures so what am I going to do. Take a look and tell me what you think..

Full Moon Not Pollinated.
full_moon01_wk4_1.jpg

full_moon01_wk4_2.jpg

full_moon01_wk4_3.jpg

Full Moon Pollinated.
full_moon02_wk4_1.jpg

full_moon02_wk4_2.jpg

full_moon02_wk4_3.jpg

Full Moon 3 Pollinated
full_moon03_wk4_1.jpg

full_moon03_wk4_2.jpg

full_moon03_wk4_3.jpg

full_moon03_wk4_4.jpg

full_moon03_wk4_5.jpg

full_moon03_wk4_6.jpg

LB Haze not Pollinated
lbh01_wk4_1.jpg

lbh01_wk4_2.jpg

lbh01_wk4_3.jpg

Mystery Pollinated
mystery01_wk4_1.jpg

mystery01_wk4_2.jpg

mystery01_wk4_3.jpg

mystery01_wk4_4.jpg

Thanks all for taking a look and any and all comments and suggestions are always appreciated...

Looks good Sonzor, I see a few signs of nute burn but not much... You do a fine job man. I love the full moon look, it's sort of fuzzy looking from the triches. Yes, very nice.

Thanks siscokid, always nice to hear from you. Yes, not too bad just yet, let hope I can keep it under control and this Full Moon is always very frosty, got to love it.

Lovely trichs, nice photos!!

Thanks Tmac, your comments and stopping in are much appreciated...

sonzor this is cool i have always been interested in making or at least continuing strains at home to have a seed pool to draw from im in. i also love how beautiful weed looks in natural sunlight. :tokin:

Thanks falcore, me to, its what I love about growing this plant, the options of what you can do and try are endless.

What up boys and girls. First off I appreciate all of you who have stuck around and taken the time to comment.

With that said, I took a bunch of pictures on the 17th and had to go out of town for the holidays and did not have a chance to upload them so here they are. At the time of the pictures they where doing pretty well. It has gotten pretty cold over the last few weeks. Down to the mid to low 30's at night. Not frost just yet and fingers are crossed, but it is warming up a bit and plenty of sunshine in the days. So we will see how it goes.

In my last post I posted that I thought I might be over feeding these plants and since this is the first time I have used store bought food for my plants instead of just my teas there is a learning curve I am trying to overcome. I think that my problem was not overfeeding. I think the problem was that the PH was too low. At the time I check the run off it was pretty close to 5 and I think that is way to low. Gave them a good flush and started to feed them with water and nutes at around 6.5. I hope that clears up the issues but with the cold nights I will just have to wait to see how it all turns out.

The two full moons are just bursting with seeds, Not too sure about the mystery, maybe I pollinated too early on her but we will just have to wait and see, she looks like she has a long way to go. The LBH and the not pollinated Full Moon seem to be doing just fine, had a bug issue with the full moon, the underneath of a full moon leaf was covered in bugs when I got home. You could not even see the leaf, pretty amazing but I think I got that under control.

Anyway sorry about the jumbled order of the pics. I will post some more recent photos pretty soon so you can see how they are standing up to the cold and low PH issue.

full_moon01_wk5_1_1.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_11.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_12.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_15.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_3.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_4.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_5.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_7.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_8.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_9.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_17.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_18.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_20.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_21.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_22.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_23.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_26.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_28.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_29.jpg

full_moon01_wk5_1_31.jpg

Thanks again for stopping in and taking the time to input your comments and suggest. They are always appreciated.

Sonzor, they look cute... little christmas trees. Reminds me of Charley Browns Christmas tree. They look beautiful, good catch on the low ph. :welldone:

Can never have too many FM seeds, Congrats! The real thin one must be the mystery one?

They look pretty frosty my man, look forward to the next set of pics.

Hi sonzor, sorry I'm late. Didn't realize you had started another journal.

I missed your great outdoor pics. Already loaded with trichs right to the leaf tips, man that fuzzy look gets me.
I'm sure they'll all fill in nicely, some heavy growth starting on a few of them. Good luck staying ahead of the critters. And getting the nutes tweaked. Your tea's seemed to do a great job without any additions so ypu probably need to go pretty light on the store bought nutrients.

Good luck on the seed run. From the sound of things you're well on the way to a bumper crop of seeds.

:nicethread:

+reps if I can.

Sonzor, If I may ask a question? About how long does it take once pollenated for seeds to develop and mature? I have pollen from Alice who threw some nanners right before harvest. and Sassy who is 40 days into flower. Would love to have some seeds from the combination of strains. Wonder if I have time?
Love your pictures!

Back
Top Bottom