Closet DWC Blackberry Nov. 15th 2010

Hydrogrown

:welcome:

Whats up guys this is a deep water culture set up in a grow tent 32x32x63 lined w/ mylar. I've soaked the seeds overnight and now I've planted them directly into rock wool once the rot tip emerged. These Blackberry seeds were sent very discretely w/ no problem from Nirvana seed co. Thank you Nirvana!

This is my second grow, first hydroponic attempt. With soil I grew one sativa plant to about 6 feet tall as a closet project and had a lot of fun. I've since then read and learned much more about options and growing techniques and I hope to start a continuous dwc system for a steady output of medicine!

I use the indoor/outdoor medical marijuana growers guide (barnes & nobel or any other bookstore) as a reference for everything I do but I must say I could have gotten most if not all that information for free on this website in the how to grow marijuana forum

Hopefully this grow is successful & the low temperatures coming soon will help my buds turn purple :)

Containers:
2 x five gallon DWC buckets w/ 5 inch net pots for the best females from seed
1 x ten gallon container w/ eight 3 inch net pots
1 x nine gallon container w/ six 5 inch net pots
Lights:
1 x 2 foot four bulb T5 light w/ 3000K and 6400K bulbs
2 x 14w LED panels for side lighting
1 x 400w MH/HPS
1 x 600w " "
Nutrients
Technoflora's BC Grow, Bloom, and Boost, Root 66, Sugar Daddy, Awesome Blossoms, thrive alive B-1 red and green, and Rootech cloning gel.

Im going to be trying out 6 different air pumps I've acquired to see which ones work the best without making too much noise.
I have active aquas adjustable pump, a tetra whisper, a fusion quiet air, two eco-airs, and one more lying around somewhere.

Here are some pictures of the beginning set-up. Any questions, comments, concerns are welcome and I should be updating pics. about once a week or so.

100_2959_copy.jpg

100_2931_copy.jpg

100_2930_copy.jpg

100_2954_copy.jpg

100_2955_copy.jpg
100_2956_copy.jpg
100_2958_copy.jpg
100_2957_copy.JPG

rsz_12100_2960_jpg.jpeg

Wish me luck!

Thanks Joe,
its a small space but I gotta keep it discrete in the closet, I'll have the 6 pot holder and the 8 pot holder in the tent to put plants through veg and then flowering. Thats after I get some mothers out of these seeds to put in the 2 black gallon buckets pictured above, which I will clone from and propagate the cycle =)
I only have one 5 gal. black container pictured but that white dresser has another chamber on the other side that is the exact same set up.
I hope I didn't explain it in another confusing way I've been known to do that especially after a long day of spliffs and seeds ;)

Thanks Joe,
its a small space but I gotta keep it discrete in the closet, I'll have the 6 pot holder and the 8 pot holder in the tent to put plants through veg and then flowering. Thats after I get some mothers out of these seeds to put in the 2 black gallon buckets pictured above, which I will clone from and propagate the cycle =)
I only have one 5 gal. black container pictured but that white dresser has another chamber on the other side that is the exact same set up.
I hope I didn't explain it in another confusing way I've been known to do that especially after a long day of spliffs and seeds ;)

Sweet! Now I'm getting it. :)

Thanks guys I appreciate the support. Does anyone have experience with hydroton? I have a bunch of this stuff and I wanted to get some ready. I believe I read it should soak something like 24 hours before use, so I rinsed some and its soaking now. I don't know if this is a waste of time or if I should be doing this for longer than just one day?

Oh yeah, I peaked on the inside of the rock wool and saw most of my seeds growing upwards! Its a good thing i checked because two wear upside down and I moved them with tweezers. I'll have pictures of the seedlings in the next 2-3 days =)

Hydroton needs to be rinsed and rinsed and rinsed. It's a pain in the arse. It needs to be rinsed until it runs clear. Once you have it nice and rinsed, you need to soak it in the PH'd water for a day. I hate the rinsing part, it seems to take forever.
Lookin forward to the pics!

Thanks Joe thats valuable information right there.

Thank you GreenChrome too, I researched and found that cost with DWC is pretty low, with limited maintenance of the solution except a change every two weeks and a ph buffer or water add here and there. The abundance of oxygen to the roots is a plus as well which is why I use this system for my own herbs and vegetables in my indoor garden. Feel free to ask any questions even though Im still a nube Im happy to help with whatever I can

hydro, currently in my first grow and ive got two DWC 5 gal buckets going right now in the 40th day of flower (blue dynamite and white widow) in a 2'x4'x6' tent with 400 watt mh/hps, two 85 watt cfl's, 6" inline fan, CO2 cultivator, and 4 fans for circulation. the tent stays about 78F in the day 72F at night and humidity currently between 30 and 40%. a couple things i have dealt with/ learned so far.... get a micro pore diffuser you'll get the best oxygenation possible, put a drain on the reservoir if possible make the changes a lot easier and cleaner. u can definitely grow some very nice and very big plants with a good DWC. also how long do u plan on vegetating for? my next grow i am gonna do a journal for most likely medijuana. if u have any questions ask i will try to help best i can.

p.s. also using technaflora you will need more boost and sugar daddy before the cycle is done, and for your mothers i would consider going with a bucket buddy lid make life easy.

I have always just rinsed till the water was clean and its ready, no need to soak.

I guess its just a matter of preference? I don't know its almost 2 am and mine are already soaking so its happening this time but it is a pain when you have a lot.

I've been up watching and 3 of 6 have sprouted! I'm stoked and I will take pictures of them once the rest catch up.

Im curious about this strain though, this is the description from the company

Description : Blackberry's mother, Black Domino, was a marijuana clone sent to the Netherlands from the area around Seattle. Its father is Nirvana's very own Raspberry Cough. Domino's tight leaf structure has been preserved well in this marijuana hybrid. Blackberry smoke is thick and heavy with subtle hints of Asian Sativa flavours. Yields are very good for a strain that already displays so many desirable traits.

Indica / Sativa: Hybrid
Plant type: Indoor
Plant height: Medium
Effect: High (head trip) yet stoned (body buzz)
Flavour: pungent / fruity
Average yield: 400 - 500 (g/m² in SOG)
Flowering period: 9 - 11 weeks
White strain: Yes
Medical: Yes
Feminized: No

What is the difference between this and blackberry kush? is it possibly this plant crossed with O.G. Kush? That would be sweet.

hydro, currently in my first grow and ive got two DWC 5 gal buckets going right now in the 40th day of flower (blue dynamite and white widow) in a 2'x4'x6' tent with 400 watt mh/hps, two 85 watt cfl's, 6" inline fan, CO2 cultivator, and 4 fans for circulation. the tent stays about 78F in the day 72F at night and humidity currently between 30 and 40%. a couple things i have dealt with/ learned so far.... get a micro pore diffuser you'll get the best oxygenation possible, put a drain on the reservoir if possible make the changes a lot easier and cleaner. u can definitely grow some very nice and very big plants with a good DWC. also how long do u plan on vegetating for? my next grow i am gonna do a journal for most likely medijuana. if u have any questions ask i will try to help best i can.

p.s. also using technaflora you will need more boost and sugar daddy before the cycle is done

Hey Bill, nice set up it is pretty similar to what I got going on and thanks for lending some info. I really want to set up a drain but im not sure how to install it I need to look into that. Is a micro pore diffuser a type of air stone or bubble bar? Right now im using air stones but if theres something out there better Id have to switch. I'm not sure on the vegging time right now I was thinking broadly a month or so but I plan on super cropping a bit and taking clones as well so I'm gonna have different plants in different stages to test out. Any suggestions on veg. time if im trying to keep a medium sized plant from getting over 45"? I'm gonna grow em as big as possible.
I'd love to see some pics of your set up and those babies in day 40! Also a medijuana journal would be sick that is an interesting strain. I picked up extra sugar daddy as the hydro store owner told me about that but he didn't say anything about boost. That could be a problem so I'll have to watch it thank you. I also bought a 8 oz jar of root tech cloning gel because the jar it came with was enough for maybe 5 clones. Thanks for your support :ganjamon:

for a drain the easiest i can recomend is from stealthhydro.com they are like $10 just need a 1/2 or 7/16 drill bit (a step bit will work too). here is a link for the pore diffusers https://www.-----------------------/section.php?xSec=55&jssCart=388180cf8f032919fae3f55586e369de
they are a little expensive at stealth for the diffuser and there are four diff sizes depending on res size just look around just about everybody carries them now. well on my blue dynamite i vegged for 4 weeks with 2weeks of seedling, my widow started a little late and i could only veg for 2 weeks with 2 weeks of seedling but both right now are right about 3 feet with no pruning techniques used. give me a couple min and i will get some pics of my tent up.

basic pic of tent blue dynamite in center of frame. if you want check out my gallery in my profile the other pics of my room and the widow should be up soon in there.
HPIM1818new.jpg

Awesome plant man what a fat trunk that thing has Very nice! Okay so I looked up those diffusors and the drains on Stealth Hydro, which I book marked because there are some pretty good products on there, I'm buying five drains for the price of four because I couldn't find those anywhere else. I looked up the diffusers and this site has the cheapest one's i've seen now I just need to know if there is such thing as too much oxygen to the roots. I want to buy the 10 inch micro pore diffusor because it is a better deal but idk if it would be too much oxygen for a 10 or 9 gallon res. Anybody know about oxygen and roots?

Back
Top Bottom