Budtheory - 1st Grow - Hempy - Various Strains

budtheory

Hey guys, I just joined 420magazine and have been gathering as much info as possible. Over the last few weeks I have set up my grow rooms. I am a MMJ patient, as well as a caretaker.

Strains:
From clones:White Widow, Northern Lights x Blueberry, Sour Diesel x Master Kush, and a unknown strain that showed up in my backyard this summer and turned out to be a highly stable, great smelling female. I let her bud naturally and then brought her into the house and kept her alive until I got my setup off the ground and running. Once I harvest her indoors I will guess at the strain....or name it (for now - BT aka budtheory).

From seed: Haze Mist (Haze x White Widow) (fem), Violator Kush (fem), and Pure Landrace Afghani (reg)

Grow style: Hempy bucket w/ perulite

Clone station (18in x 4ft): heat pad, humidity dome, flouresents 24/7
Veg room (4ft x 4ft): Procyon 100 24/7
Flowering room (10ft x 7ft): Aircooled Lumatex 1000 HPS on 4 ft lightrail 12/12

Both rooms are connected. Airflow is brought into flowering room with Squirl cage blower, ducting connects rooms (light proof) and outake is through a large carbon filter out of the veg room.

Nutes: Cutting Edge Solutions - Micro, Bloom, Grow, Plant Amp, Uncle John's Juice
also CO2 tank in flowering room.

Currently all clones are rooted and were transplanted in the last few days into 10in buckets. They are alll roughly 10 days old now.

My BT mother was moved on 12-19 into a 5 gal bucket. Once she is stable, I am guessing 2 weeks, I will move her into flowering. Most of the clones should be ready in a month or so to move into the flowering room, but not until they outgrow the 10in and get put into 5gal buckets.

Two of the seeds are 2 weeks old (Haze Mist and Violator Kush), the Afghani is 4 days in the ground.

I will take pics of the room and plants tonight and update this thread tomorrow.

Oh, and I have a few more strains on the way.

Thanks guys. Pleasure to meet ya! Anything else you want to know, just ask.

Cool man ill be watching, i myself am becoming increasingly more fond of the hempy and will be starting some of my own very soon.

Seems like you have quite the variety there strain wise, you wouldn't happen to be in michigan would ya lol

id love to get my hands on a couple of them strains

Cool man ill be watching, i myself am becoming increasingly more fond of the hempy and will be starting some of my own very soon.

Seems like you have quite the variety there strain wise, you wouldn't happen to be in michigan would ya lol

id love to get my hands on a couple of them strains

I just checked your journal and realize I have been following your thread....nice!

Re: Budtheory - 1st grow - hempy - various strains 1000HPS

Here are some pics, as promised.

These first three are of the unknown mother that just appeared in a whiskey barrel I grow poppies in. It is in a alley with very little light, but I kept her alive and brought her in this fall.
DSC032531.jpg

DSC032561.jpg

DSC032551.jpg

And here is my veg room:
DSC03354.jpg

upper left is my clone station and flouresents for seedlings. You can see my last clone needing transplanted, and a seedling.
DSC03363.jpg

Here is the mother and then some shots of various clones:
DSC03364.jpg

DSC03355.jpg
DSC03360.jpg
DSC03356.jpg

And I did just take a quick pic into my flowering room and you can see the air-cooled 1000HPS
DSC033571.jpg

Sorry for the pic quality. I will try to remedy this and use my wife's camera next time.

poppin excellent up in waynes world lol!! idk neways ur looking good man, exceptional job thus far, way out doin me from what i can see

Congrats on your first grow! Keep a sharp eye out for bugs...bringing outside plants indoors almost always carry in something crawly and unwanted. Good luck!

Congrats on your first grow! Keep a sharp eye out for bugs...bringing outside plants indoors almost always carry in something crawly and unwanted. Good luck!

Yeah, I definately took that into consideration, but I think thinks are OK. Thanks for the heads up though!

The plant was growing in a 1/2 whiskey barrel that I use in our alley to grow poppies during the summer. Other than the dirt in the barrel, there is nothing but concrete for many, many meters. Plus, I brought the plant in when it started getting really cold out, like 1 week before Halloween. Then she sat in my hallway under a CFL to keep her alive and get her back to veg until about 10 days ago when I got the rooms finished. I also transplanted her from soil into perlite (hempy bucket) and shook out most of the loose dirt I could from her roots. Didn't even seem to stress her out all that bad....but anyways... pretty bug free from what I can tell.

If there were bugs I would have thought the would have shown by now, being in the warm house for 2 months now. Whatcha think? Still a risk, or pretty unlikely at this point????

Sounds good, never let up your guard though. So much easier to deal with pests before they get a stronghold. Some pests, especially spider mites, will come back during flowering.
A "green thumb" is realy a dirty thumb, from working in your garden.

Alrighty, I am back with some better pics and update:

Here are some various shots of my rooms and the setup...
Flowering room....my cat is interested since I won;t let him go in there. Drives him nuts.
IMGP14581.jpg

4ft light rail
IMGP1459.jpg

A view from my flowering room door over to the veg room door.
IMGP14442.JPG

Veg dooor open.
IMGP1429.JPG

veg rooms pic
IMGP1452.jpg

My seedling. I am not sure if it is haze mist or violator kushbecause the dish feel over and tags fell out. Going to be a surprise I guess. Not to mention the other seed fell over and broke the seedling in 1/2...totally bummed but it was growing rather slow anyways.
IMGP14451.jpg

Here is the seedling 8 hrs later.
IMGP14601.jpg

Here is my last clone of BT mother needing transplanted soon as of last night
IMGP14421.JPG

and this morning...aka 8hrs later
IMGP1465.jpg

Here are two pics of my unknown mother aka bt (budtheory) mother..
IMGP1438.JPG

IMGP14371.JPG

I have noticed some speckles on my mother....appear to be fairly rare, but I am thinking it may just be nute burn as they get used to the ferts???? What do you guys think?
IMGP1433.JPG

Here is the whole family
IMGP1431.JPG

Here are two Sour Kush....Sour Diesel x Master Kush
IMGP1436.JPG

Upfront is the
IMGP1435.JPG
Northernlights x Blueberry (left) and White Widow (right)

Anyways, thats about it right now. I did have one more Sour Kush clone that needed transplanted but I think I jumped the gun and did it when her roots where only 1/2 formed...so I hope she makes it! I'll keep ya posted...

Oh, and anyone know what kind of CFL this is and if it is any good to run? I have been turning it on at night to add a little extra warmth and the clones seem to like it. It is a energy hog at 300 watts though....anyone use these? A friend gave it to me so I don't know much about it.
IMGP14501.jpg

Very nice setup BT.... and that Homer bucket looks familiar lol! My cat's the same way, would love to get into the flower room because it's so warm in there.

What are the clones and seedlings in? Are those beer cups, they look bigger.

I think those spots are a precursor to a cal/mag deficiency, at least they were on my girls. Do you have any leaves starting to look like this?

IMAG0968.jpg

If you do, or if you see any, it's def cal/mag. Since hempy lacks the micronutes that are normally more available in soil they're very susceptible to that. If you have a cal mag supplement that will fix things, otherwise give her some epsom salts. Good luck!

PS I meant to comment on that light, it's a great light. Do you know the spectrum? It's 300 comparable watts, but it's probably drawing more like 80-100 watts. They're expensive, $20 at least.

Very nice setup BT.... and that Homer bucket looks familiar lol! My cat's the same way, would love to get into the flower room because it's so warm in there.

What are the clones and seedlings in? Are those beer cups, they look bigger.

I think those spots are a precursor to a cal/mag deficiency, at least they were on my girls. Do you have any leaves starting to look like this?

IMAG0968.jpg

If you do, or if you see any, it's def cal/mag. Since hempy lacks the micronutes that are normally more available in soil they're very susceptible to that. If you have a cal mag supplement that will fix things, otherwise give her some epsom salts. Good luck!

No, they seem to be little burn marks. I first thought maybe it was just water with ferts splashing up and burning the leaf.

Back
Top Bottom