On the 420 Train Grow

onthe420train

Well I stopped journals a while ago but going to get back at it as we start using flood table again. Much le ss maintenance than deep culture because only having one reservoir for a large area. Anyways not much to post yet... some pics coming up in a minute

here is the link to my gallery has the pictures the most recent ones are easy to locate

- 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

sorry for the poor picture quality I'm using my cellphone's 3.2 mp with no flash. better macros will be showing up.

some finishing up - big beautiful afghan kush special (BC Nutrients)

IMG047.jpg

IMG043.jpg

some vegging up - been in 3 days, these will hit flower after 14 days of veg.
IMG042.jpg

a clone tray. macro plugs, dip n grow, little ph down, heat mat, kelp extract, and a couple 2' T5 lamps.
IMG041.jpg

mother plant - she is being tied to the sides to produce lots of tops for cloning off. greenhouse seeds trainwreck.
IMG040.jpg

IMG0391.jpg

clones for the flood table
IMG038.jpg

using maxi grow and maxi bloom dry nutrients in DWC a harvest of a pound was acquired in the fall (400+600 hps in flower), but following that we converted to perpetual, but before it could get to good cycling, we lost our tray of clones to negligence. then decided to take more clones and flower the mothers instead of the clones since we were weeks behind at that point.

now we are converting the grow from DWC hydro to E&F flood table hydro and switching from dry to liquid hydro nutes with additives to improve the flavors and yields even more.

lights are 2x55w T5HO mother/early veg. 250wMH veg. 400w hps and 600w hps for flower. 4xT5 low watts (50ish?) for cloning. and unused there is a 250w hps and 2 40w tubes of UV-B spec light. unfortunately my colleagues feel the UV-B tubes are a hassle to manage. I never felt that way, and will probably set them up / manage them myself this time around.

So to this point, there have been no hold ups or issues. Still finishing up the old mother girls from the last go. No new pics yet, just have been rushing through the motions. Checking pH and EC quickly and effectively balancing all the formulas without spending glorious amount of time gawking.
Can't wait until the table is set up and there is only one reservoir to manage. It will be infinitely more convenient.

Nutrient lineup (we really don't use it all of course):
General hydroponics FloraMicro, FloraBloom, FloraNova, KoolBloom, pH up and down, MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom.
BC Nutrients Sugardaddy, Awesome Blossoms, Thrive Alive.
Growmore Sea Kelp (as foliar spray).

Medium is Botanicare COCO for this flood table grow. The pots are SmartPot #2s, (2 gallon).

The meter is a Milwaukee SM802, it is quite possibly the best of my investments in the hydro game, and is a super convenient meter to use. I have like 3 other meters that never are used, or are broken. The SM802 never fails.

Clones are taken into rockwool macro plugs using dip n grow. They are stored on a heat mat. The solution is typically of a strength 300ppm maxigrow which convenently has a pH in between 5.5 and 6.0 with our water. Very nice for these clones. They are stored in a 10x20 inch tray with a 7" humidome and a heat mat under 4x14w 18" 2700K T5 fluorescent lights. These should be switched for 6500Ks in the near future, but not a priority. Casualty rate is extremely low.

When they have dangling roots, the clones are transplanted into the SmartPot #2 full of Coco, and flushed thoroughly with solution of GH FloraGrow/Micro and Sugardaddy. Approximate strength on this run of the veg nutrients is 1200ppm. (I think it was 2tsp micro, 4tsp grow per gallon, with plenty of sugardaddy).

Hi onthe420train

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom