XLR8's BCNL Mixed Strain Hydro Grow 2011

Hey everyone - thought I'd start another journal (it's been a while since I've journaled a grow!)

This is a small set-up using the BCNL Mothership/Roommate. It's a pretty small box overall, but I've had great results with it.

I've had a number of health issues that MMJ help me deal with more effectively, so that is the purpose of the grow. I'm only trying to provide for my own needs.

I'm starting from seed after getting bored with the strains I've been growing. Time for something new!

Here is what I've got:

(1) Fem. Dutch Passion Blueberry - Indica
(1) Nirvana K2 - Indica/Sativa hybrid
(1) Fem. Nirvana Pure Power Plant (PPP) - Sativa heavy hybrid
(1) Mystery seed - Indica

I'm expecting to cull one or two of these at some point for space reasons, but right now I'm trying to see which is going to thrive first... I've tried to grow the PPP once before, but it's leans heavily toward Sativa and it quickly outgrew my space despite my LST efforts and hermied. I'm not confident that it will work this time either, but I wanted to give it another shot.

I'm using Dutch Master Nutrients, and I will post info as to the specifics. I've been using Dutch Master for a while with a lot of success.

Here is the feeding schedule I'm looking at, it's been pretty tried and proven for me so far. I'm going to monitor the plants and make small adjustments as necessary along the way. I try to keep my reservoir PH'd to around 5.5 when I adjust it, and let it creep up some before adjusting again. This system is a top/drip system.

nutrient_schedule.jpg

Here are some shots of the babies so far:

Here they all are - Blueberry upper left, Mystery upper right, PPP lower left, and K2 lower right.

feb_8_2011_all.jpg

Here's the Blueberry - I should note that it got added about 10 days after the others, and I'm not sure how much of a problem that will be. It's grown funky since the beginning, but healthy funky... very odd! I'm optimistic as the new growth keeps getting progressively less funky.

BB_feb_8_2011.jpg

Here's the PPP that I've just started to try a little lst on, not sure how that's going to work out, but gonna give it a go.

PPP_Feb_8_2011.jpg

It's brutally cold outside today. -25F with windchill!! It's making it really dry inside as the furnace works overtime to keep the house warm, etc. Usually the RH is much closer to 35-40 %, but it's tough on a day like this. Temps are usually around 75F inside.

temp_feb_8_2011.jpg

I should note that the Mystery plant seems pretty finicky to it's environment. PH changes and RH will make it a bit droopy, but it always perks back up...

That's it for now - feel free to ask questions, add info, etc.

Very nice looking future prom queens you got there sir. :) I grew the P.P.P. once before in an ecogrower drip hydro system. Unfortunately my lighting wasnt great at the time , it was one of my first grows. They all were female and produced a little each but the two t-5 flourescent lighting just wasnt cutting it . Was thinking of growing it again my next crop along with the Hawaii Maui Waui. If your grow goes well it may cement the idea. I'm subscribed. :nicethread:

Love your set up. So clean and streamlined.

Thanks MadMardo - The BCNL boxes are pretty nice, but expensive. I've had great luck with mine so far.

Very nice looking future prom queens you got there sir. :) I grew the P.P.P. once before in an ecogrower drip hydro system. Unfortunately my lighting wasnt great at the time , it was one of my first grows. They all were female and produced a little each but the two t-5 flourescent lighting just wasnt cutting it . Was thinking of growing it again my next crop along with the Hawaii Maui Waui. If your grow goes well it may cement the idea. I'm subscribed. :nicethread:

Uh oh - pressures on. :grinjoint: I'm really hoping the PPP turns out because I've heard great things about it, though it's definitely not the best strain for my grow box - but I had the seeds and I wanted to give 'em another try...

Big thanks to both of you for checking out my grow! :thanks:

Not too much new today - they are all still looking good, and as it usually does the mystery plant (I think I'll call her Missy) perked back up.

So far the lst seems to be going great on the PPP plant. Very happy about that as I've not done much early lst in the past (just a bit of "oh sh*t, they're getting too big!" late stage lst is all that I've done).

Still really cold and really dry here. RH is as low as I've seen it (about 25%) It's insane. At least my young ladies are weathering it better than me. ;)

Here they are today:

feb_9_2011_all.jpg

Here's the PPP after the little lst I've done:

ppp_feb_9_2011.jpg

TTFN!

Just got this last week and I love it already:

HydroLogic Stealth RO 100
StealthRO.gif

Makes life so much easier - I set up a rubbermaid tub with a float valve so that it will fill the tub to the amount I need and then shut off once it gets to that level. Easy to set up - and works beautifully! My ppms are showing 10 now after this. Actually using the RO unit for drinking water, too. This purchase is going to be worth the expense I think.

I see that 420magazine sponsor Stealth Hydro has them at a decent price if anyone is looking for a RO system.

Time to :roorrip:

How many days is your Blueberry at now?

I don't remember the exact day - but it's about the same age as yours, almost exactly. About 21 days or so I think, from seed? I should have made better note of it, but I hadn't originally planned on journaling any of this. ;) My blueberry is really growing funky - haven't seen one behave quite like this before. Hopefully it still matures fine in the end...

Thanks for following my grow Farmer Jane!
:thanks:

Your Blueberry looks real good! My leaves continue to do the same wired curl thing too, but only some leaves. Do you have alot of air movement on them? I do on mine because of the temps and wonder if that has anything to do with it? Mine are 22 days today! Also do you have any odor yet? Mine seems to get worse everyday now!
:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom