First Time Farmer

BluntBlizzard

Hello everyone this is my first closet grow using micrale grow seed staring poting soil, 1 cool white bulb 1 sun light bulb, 1 normal cool white bulb, 1 small fan. My seeds arnt name brand but out of some dank. Just trying to get some cheap ideas to be more productive.

0513112100.jpg

0513112013.jpg

Forgot to mention that i am on 16 light 8 dark. I started with about 11 plants and all males but 3 so far.

0514111020a.jpg

This is the biggest plant that I currently have it is about 1 month old I am having a problem though I belive that it is a hermi...sucks it was growing little white hairs but started getting the little nuts omn it. I was told that with luck i could top it an pick all the nuts off and it could stay a female.could anyone inform me on what step to make.

0514111017.jpg

This is my attempt to top the plant i cut inbetween the two small buds hoping i did it right.

0514111018a.jpg

0514111019.jpg

My other Female no hermi problems about 1 month old

0514111020.jpg

0514111019a.jpg

My other plant from same as above listed crop no idea on a sex for this one yet though 1 month age

0514111018.jpg

a few little starters from about 10 days ago

Hey man, good start i would get more light in there. my buddy Dirt has a good design if your handy capable The CFL "12-Pack" Grow Light How-To:

put your light scedule to 18 on and 6 off

are you Ph'ing your water?

and once a hermi always a hermi, bag seed very commonly does this i have found about 1/4 turn out to be alright the the other 3/4 are terrible. but just to be sure you should take some close up pictures if you can of the "Male" flower just to be sure.

Take Care and Keep it Green

No I havent been PHing at all poor man grow lol. I have seen the little pods that let out the pollen and tore them off so since its a hermi its needs to be gone right no good. This is really just a really basic first grow not trying to grow the kill or anything like that just trying to learn what to watch out for. How much of a difference does it make to ph test.

Hi BluntBlizzard! A single male plant can produce enough pollen to fertilize all surrounding females, creating cheap bud with many seeds. It is important to get rid of any males as early as possible.
And it is EXTREMELY important to water your girls with a pH of between 6.6-7.0. PH testers are relatively inexpensive compared to the costs and time spent having to care for sick plants.
Nice start so far! :yummy: Lookin' forward to seeing how your girls turn out!

Thanks. Hey where would i get a ph tester lowes or like a pet store and if my ph is off how can i fix it.

We got our ph tester from a local hydro store. You can also buy them online, from pet stores, and most likely anywhere pool supplies are sold. Generally, tap water has a pH greater than 7.0. I use a quick and relatively inexpensive product to lower pH when feeding, called pH-Down from Advanced Nutrients. A 1L concentrated bottle runs around $16 bucks, and you would only need to use a couple drops per liter of water to regulate your water pH.

I haven't personally tried it, but yes, letting tap water sit out allows chlorine molecules to evaporate, thus, lowering pH. However, this technique makes it nearly impossible to create the exact pH you want and also takes some time.

If you don't want to test your water, use distilled. PH is at 7.0.

Be careful with spring and bottled RO water's. I have tested many brands and the ph's of these are usually very high...8+

I would pick up some more CFL's and some Y splitters if you're on a budget. And get your lights close to the plants and youll see faster results.

well picked up a mirror today i can use a mirror instead of like foil cant i for reflecting light

You can also use anything white...like posterboard...White reflects somthing like 85-98% of light where aluminum foil is around 60% and a typical mirror is lower than that of a white surface(mirrors reflect around 87%-93% due to the light going thru glass, reflecting, and then going back thru the glass). Save youself some money and either just paint the walls with a gloss white or get some posterboard. Mylar would be your best bet with its reflectivity at around99%, and it is also very cheap.

well i am kinda doing this as free as possible for now i got the mirror out of the trash but the walls in the closet are white.....lol sorry about double posting about the cfls didnt realize it was going to page 2 lol... so cfl are the little twist bulbs?

Back
Top Bottom