Munki's "Al Naturale" Autoflower Outdoor Escursion - 2011

:byebye: Howdy All! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little grow journal. I've always grown indoors in the past for environmental control and general stealth. This time, I thought I'd go ahead and do a very small outdoor grow with one plant. Let's go ahead and state what I know about the upcoming grow at this point.

What strain is it? Dynafem RoadRunner Autoflower Feminized seed

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Starting from seed, so we will be seeing all stages.

Veg... For how long and Flower stage... For how long? Well, it is an autoflower, so veg and flower times will be dictated by the strain and the climate.

Indoor or outdoor? Outdoor baby!

Soil or Hydro? Soil.

If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farm Ocean Forest with about 20% added perlite.

If soil... What size pot? Looks to be about 1 1/2 gallon clay pot.

Any Pests ? I hope not but being outdoor, I expect to have to deal with this issue.

How often are you watering? Not too sure yet. Will be checking the soil to make guesstimates on frequency.

Type and strength of ferts used? Open to suggestions. I have GH flora nutes that could get me to completion, but I may look into some organics for the flower stage.

OK, so for today, I mixed up my soil into the pot and have dropped the seed into a small amount of water that is sandwiched between two plastic cups. This ensures that the entire seed is in the water. They have been placed on top of a central house heater that is only being warmed by the pilot light. This gives a gentle warmth to the seed and the environment is very dark. I'll put it into the soil tomorrow after a one day soaking.

I'm here for sure Munki. I too am starting an outdoor grow. Tried once before, and yea, didn't do so hot. It was a very stealth attempt and I didn't get her near enough H2O. Should be better this time around.

Not sure if i'm doing a journal yet. Might have to live vicariously through you, if you don't mind. Anyways, heres to Munki and a very successful outdoor season:roorrip::roorrip:!

Thanks for the good vibes; I'll need them. With only one seed, a failure will end this attempt pronto.

Sure...I'll follow along on an outdoor grow since it's Munki doing it!:)
:popcorn:

OK, seed has soaked for a bit under 24 hours and I planted it pointy side down a bit less than a centimeter down, then used a plastic garbage bag to cover it. Poked several holes into the top for some aeration and space for moisture to escape. Several hours before I gave the soil mixture a decent watering and covered it with that plastic bag to get the mixture's moisture level up. Now we get to wait and see what sprouts.

Sounds awsome man. With autos I give em straight water for the first 2 weeks, 1/4 nutes for a week, 1/2 for a week, 3/4 for a week then full strength the rest of the time. Hope this helps and good luck man.

Good luck on the outdoor single!

Sounds awsome man. With autos I give em straight water for the first 2 weeks, 1/4 nutes for a week, 1/2 for a week, 3/4 for a week then full strength the rest of the time. Hope this helps and good luck man.

Where were you when I needed you? :) Just wanted to say, I think you're on to something Acideye, I am growing my first auto now, and just a bit into flowering. From what I can tell, your advice seems about right to me based on my experiences so far, and I approached it similarly...

Did you use FFOF for the soil or something different? Also, what was the nutes you used? Thank you for the suggestions. The info not only helps me but the community in general. That's what I love about the web and particularly this site!

:high-five:

I normally don't follow outdoor grows but I'm subscribed. I am just going to be a watcher on this one. I personally have no expo on outdoor gro ops so my trap is staying shut. Goodluck, I had freebies that have really surprised me.

Hope the grow goes well for everyone. Weather has been cloudy and cool for the most part so far staying in the 60s.

I'm using b'cuzz coco and humboldt master a and b. Im also using liquid karma.

Thanks for the input on the nutes, Acideye.

Back
Top Bottom