Perpetual NFT-SW - NL Emerald Jack - Grapefruit Krush - SuperSourOG - Tangerine Dream

Jango

:420:

Hey Everybody! Welcome to my second grow! The setup for this grow will be in an DIY 45 Site NFT system with SOG spacing but most of the time there will only be 10 to 20 plants flowering in it at one time. I have two rooms, one for veg and one for flower. Currently in the veg room i have Snow White and Northern Lights mother plants going and clones going and will be starting the Tangerine Dream, Emerald Jack, Grapefruit Krush, and Super Sour OG very soon. The flower room has 8 SW and 2 NL clones that have been vegged for 2 to 3 weeks and have been in flower for 6 days.

Here are the details on all the strains ill be using and then a few pics of the current setup. Everyone is welcome here in my journal and i look forward to anyone who wishes to stop by and join in my grow and have lots of great discussion!

Room Setup
Veg Room Lighting: CFL 65k and T5
Botanicare Power Cloner
DWC for Mom's and Vegging
Nutrients: General Hydroponics 3 Part and Supplements
Flower Room Lighting: 600W HPS Air Cooled
45 Site NFT system with 30 gallon tub (filled to 15 gal)

Super Sour OG
Indica, Sativa, Hybrid? Hybrid, mostly Indica
Genetics? (Blueberry x Sour Diesel x OG Kush) x Lost Coast OG
Height? Medium to Tall
Medical? No
THC? not known
DescriptionGood spacing between fan leaves and tight internodal stacking allow for excellent light penetration into the canopy, increasing the length of terminal colas and increasing overall yield. This hardy plant loves to be tied down, which can result in numerous, remarkably uniform colas with as many as 20 connected internodal sites.
These plants have been known to yield 3-4 lbs. (1.3 — 1.8 kgs.) outdoors when properly using this technique. Indoors, it will nearly double in size after the flip, so be mindful about the timing in your room. A steady intake of nitrogen will help her reach her potential in the final stage of flowering, prior to flush.
The taste is predominantly sour, with the faint sweetness of the Blueberry rounding off the finish. The high is well-balanced between the indica and sativa sides, starting with a brisk, carefree feeling, moving toward an easy, comfortable sense of well-being.

Grapefruit Krush
Indica, Sativa, Hybrid? Hybrid, mostly indica
Genetics? Grapefruit x Bubba
Height? Medium - Tall
Medical? No
THC? not known
Description This F1 cross of two classic california flavours has evolved to create this immaculate new flavour which is a great blend of two new-school genetics, though growing very moderately throughout the vegetative state, this strain does not accelerate dramatically when flipped. Tie-down methods suit this plant well, giving you a greater yield per square foot, with balanced cola production. Expect 1-1.5 lbs. (0.5 — 1.0 kgs.) outdoors, with more moderate yields indoors. Grapefruit Bubba produces tight, dense stacking calyxes creating short, rock hard, frosty colas, be sure not to trim your bottoms up too high as every last bit contains substance.
This dominant Indica produces a happy, light-hearted high with plenty of body stone to even it out. A zesty citrus dominates the palate, followed by peppery notes and a distinct sweetness when exhaled.
A long-lasting, very social herb that is suitable for both day and night-time use.

Emerald Jack
Indica, Sativa, Hybrid? Hybrid
Genetics? Jack Herer x Emerald OG
Height? Medium - Tall
Medical? No
THC? not known
Description We crossed two of the strongest, most beloved and desired sativa-dominant hybrids in the world to create this symphony of flavors.
Emerald Jack grows tall quickly, doubling in size after moving into the fl owering cycle, so don't be afraid to flip it early indoors. Be sure to stake these early and often or employ a trellis to support the massive terminal bud growth.
Healthy doses of nitrogen, calcium and magnesium will be essential in getting the plant to its full potential. You will be rewarded for your labor by a thick harvest of resin-encrusted colas.
The tropical fruit salad of the Jack Herer collides with the intense sour of the Emerald OG to create a tangy, unique taste that lingers on the palate. Emerald Jack produces an uplifting, energetic high, stimulating creative and euphoric thoughts.

Tangerine Dream
Indica, Sativa, Hybrid? Hybrid, mostly sativa
Genetics? G13 X Neville's A5 Haze
Height? Medium
Medical? No
THC? 25%
Description The exceptional crossing of G13 with Neville's A5 Haze — with the resulting plant again crossed with G13 — Tangerine Dream is sativa-dominant strain offering tangy, intense sweet citrus aromas and flavors as well as effects that are at once cerebral and relaxing. The best of both worlds for smokers and growers. Considering its attributes, Tangerine Dream's 70-day flowering time is remarkably short, and the one-meter high plants, with their strong and numerous side branches, yield an impressive minimum of 500 grams per square meter. Colas grow large and tight, especially for a sativa-dominant strain, and are flecked with red and orange hairs and frosted with a shimmering layer of fine THC crystals. A taste sensation offering clean and long lasting effects.

Snow White
Genetics?
Height? Medium
Medical? Yes
THC? not know
Description Nirvana Snow White is one of our top-notch selections from the "white" marijuana seeds family. Her pure Cannabis Indica father gives Snow White a denser stature than close relative White Widow, making this F1 hybrid a big yielder indeed. Its cannabis plants bear dense sticky buds covered in trichomes. These marijuana seeds are well suited to cultivation in hydro or similar systems. With its lovely smooth taste and powerful Indica stone, Snow White is one of the nicest Widow variations available.

Northern Lights
Genetics?
Height? Medium
Medical? No
THC? not known
Description Nirvana Northern Light is a marijuana strain which is highly suited to indoor growing. Nearly all promising modern indoor cannabis strains contain Northern Lights genes. With its high flower-to-leaf ratio, compact buds, good yields and exceptional resin production, these wonderful marijuana seeds are a most lucrative choice for the indoor cannabis grower. The smoke's flavour is somewhat neutral, yet full-bodied.

Re: Perpetual NFT, SW, NL, Emerald Jack, Grapefruit Krush, SuperSourOG, Tangerine Dre

That last post was getting crazy long so i decided to put the pics in this next post lol. Here is what the current setup looks like. Sorry for the severe amount of red in the pics, the 600w hps is the only light i have in the room currently lol

Pump tube goes into cap on the end of one side, didnt get pics of it but built dams in all of the tee's going to the tubes which i owe credit to mr smith for that idea so that the water fills halfway up the tube before it evenly flows into each tube.
0719011012.jpg

Drain pipe hooked up to reducers of the other end of the setup returns water back to the res.
0719012005.jpg

Not pictured but i have 4 large airstones in the res as well and the pump is 1000gph
0719011018.jpg

0719011019.jpg

And the 8 SW and 2 NL i put into the new system yesterday!
0719012004a.jpg

Re: Perpetual NFT, SW, NL, Emerald Jack, Grapefruit Krush, SuperSourOG, Tangerine Dre

Stretch baby stretch!! Just a quick pic update since i havent been on in the last week. Super busy trying to get things set up, and dried, and maintained, etc. You all know how much work this stuff is! Originally i was going to defoliate half of these girls at days 21 and 45 but now i think im just going to try a couple. Im still not sure im totally sold on it compared to not defoliating so im just going to do a direct comparison myself! Id love to hear if anyone has experience with it and would like to share how it worked for you! At any rate here are the girls as of yesterday morning!

0727010949.jpg

0727010949a.jpg

I see someone is planting their "UFOs" from back in winter :)
I've just finished jarring the SSOG and Emerald Jack....Mine were done outside and in soil. These two plants are HUGE. The Jack has the giant clump/cola on top (some bud mold in there....lost maybe 1/2 oz) the SS was more covered in ping-pong ball sized nuggs. Both are one hit good, but the SS wins with that crazy smell/taste.
I was impressed enough that I ordered : Cali Wildfire, Emerald Jack, and SSOG seeds from the seedbank (that will remain nameless). I live deep in the S.E. so it's tropical here all summer.....meaning very hot, very humid. Because of the mold issues, I'll not be growing these again til winter when the relative humidity drops to 50%.
Theese plants are big.....over 10ft big. Don't be slow on the flip indoors or you'll be in a spot.....The SSOG could be a worthy holiday tree in a large room with high ceilings...the Jack more of a Cedar looking thing...big and roundish.....but wearing a big 4oz hat!!
Enjoy!! I know you will

hey jango! looking good my friend. I was checking out ur previous grow and was wonder where u got the screen from. I want to do the same but dont know where to start. any advice would be much appreciated. good vibes on ur grow and i will pull up a chair for this one:popcorn:

Bloombox Hydroponic Grow - Chrystal

looks good jango i like the NFT i have been looking at them as a possibility for one of my future grows
:popcorn:

What up Jango?! Grats on the harvest my friend ... good lookin' nugs! I'm pulling up a chair to join you on this venture as well. The new setup looks ace! :peace:

Hey brocious! long time no see buddy! :thanks: on the nugs, taste and high are both awesome! It has a nice even full body high which is great! :yummy: Im loving the new setup, waaay easier to deal with then what i had going. You got anything growing at the moment??

I see someone is planting their "UFOs" from back in winter :)
I've just finished jarring the SSOG and Emerald Jack....Mine were done outside and in soil. These two plants are HUGE. The Jack has the giant clump/cola on top (some bud mold in there....lost maybe 1/2 oz) the SS was more covered in ping-pong ball sized nuggs. Both are one hit good, but the SS wins with that crazy smell/taste.
I was impressed enough that I ordered : Cali Wildfire, Emerald Jack, and SSOG seeds from the seedbank (that will remain nameless). I live deep in the S.E. so it's tropical here all summer.....meaning very hot, very humid. Because of the mold issues, I'll not be growing these again til winter when the relative humidity drops to 50%.
Theese plants are big.....over 10ft big. Don't be slow on the flip indoors or you'll be in a spot.....The SSOG could be a worthy holiday tree in a large room with high ceilings...the Jack more of a Cedar looking thing...big and roundish.....but wearing a big 4oz hat!!
Enjoy!! I know you will

Hahaha yeah Chopper you hit the nail on the head! :) Been holdin on to these freebies for tooo long! Great intel on them though, cant wait to get em finished in a few months. Hell i still havent even got em started yet lol, for anyone reading this that hasnt grown it takes a LOT of work to take care of a couple moms, cloning tub, veg tub, and flower room all hydro at the same time!!! Especially when its all at someone else's house! I think since i just have one seed of each im actually going to make them into mothers in dirt because i just cant maintain any more hydro setups lol. Then ill just take all the clones i need for my NFT.

I definitely hear you on the heat and humidity. I live in Ohio but its been nothing but hot humid and nasty here too, just got a 5000btu air conditioner put in the room so we'll see how much that will help!

hey jango! looking good my friend. I was checking out ur previous grow and was wonder where u got the screen from. I want to do the same but dont know where to start. any advice would be much appreciated. good vibes on ur grow and i will pull up a chair for this one:popcorn:

Hey luvpiff! :welcome: I actually got the screen from home depot, it was down by the concrete area, i think it was about $10? Yeah that was exactly what i had in my head and was pretty surprised to find exactly what i wanted! :yahoo: Then i just scrubbed it down and hosed it off a bit cause it was a bit rusty in the store and just sprayed it with green rustoleum paint and it worked perfect!

looks good jango i like the NFT i have been looking at them as a possibility for one of my future grows

Hey shaggie thanks for joining us! :thumb: I gotta say im loving the new NFT setup and definitely recommend it, if you look at my last grow everything in my mind was going to be a lot smaller and things just kept getting bigger and bigger and i was trying to keep up the whole time. Res changes and what not were especially a pain in the butt so the new setup is sooo much better and easier to maintain! The plants seem to be loving it too, i probably should have switched them sooner cause im already getting a bit too tall to where i cant raise my light much higher!

Jango your Setup looks super dope amigo! I've been growing in soil my life and love your setup so much I might pull a switcheroooo! Hope to see this one growing up like rockstars! Nice work buddy

yup its difficult when they get to tall.... always remember that your plants will normaly double to TRIPLE in size (height) in the first 2 weeks of flower..
just show them ladys whos boss and tell them where u want them to go.... they seem to like a little of the dominatrix stuff :)

I forgot.....the two ET plants also finished VERY quickly. The other UFOs (Syrup, Wt. Dwarf and *Quasar from Buddha seeds) 2 of which were autos, were in the jar in 80 days from seed. **The Quasar was not auto and took 100 days or so **
But the Emerald Jack was done in 90 days! (50/50 amber cloudy) The SSOG in 95 days.....this is from seed cracking remember
They go amber like a light switch....watch 'em
****It'll be a Barneys christmas round here this year! yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Hey brocious! long time no see buddy! :thanks: on the nugs, taste and high are both awesome! It has a nice even full body high which is great! :yummy: Im loving the new setup, waaay easier to deal with then what i had going. You got anything growing at the moment??
As a matter of fact I do friend :) ... I'll be posting a new journal soon and hit you with the link when I do. Keep up the good work farmer!

Hey Jango
I'm hanging with you man, just like chopper said we must have all gotten the same UFO's I agree completely with chopper on the time frames . My Tangerine Dreams have been really fussy little ladies. They are still about 3 weeks out. I ordered T.D. and northern lights blue and got the same UFO'S. I got more to say but today is feeding and I am preharvest flushing my E. Jack, Grapefruit Krush and SSOG. My autoflowers Budda Syrup was good but I really enjoy the Budda White.
I'll be back Good luck :high-five:

Late as hell, but subbed!! Can't wait to follow this one Jango. Sorry for the delay...

Hey everybody! Busy weekend, went out of town to the old lady's parents house. Good time, got some sun, a little cookout, some swimming, some beer, roasted a couple bones lol overall goodtime! I was going to have a pretty good pic update for you guys but yahoo mail apparently forced me to upgrade and ill be damned if i cant get my pictures to download from my email. Sooo i guess the pic update will wait til i have more time to mess around with it! The girls are still stretching like crazy and LOTS of good pistol action happening all over the place. Today they are 18 days into flower so on thurs ill be doing my first defoliation on half of em for my testing!

Jango your Setup looks super dope amigo! I've been growing in soil my life and love your setup so much I might pull a switcheroooo! Hope to see this one growing up like rockstars! Nice work buddy

Hey CannaVince :welcome: I tell you what i love doing hydro but when conditions are tough its a LOT of stinkin work. I got a 5000 btu AC to run in my rooms but its just not quite up to snuff so keeping water temps and air temps down has been a big issue with the heat this past month so im actually looking forward to cooler weather for growing purposes lol. Im definitely gonna be switching all future moms to dirt though! When i get pics up you guys will see but my SW and NL moms are a hot stinking mess right now lol. They are like 4 ft tall in a 10 gal tub that i only usually have 5 gal in and in 3 inch net cups, its completely ridiuclous! :rofl:

yup its difficult when they get to tall.... always remember that your plants will normaly double to TRIPLE in size (height) in the first 2 weeks of flower..
just show them ladys whos boss and tell them where u want them to go.... they seem to like a little of the dominatrix stuff :)

Yeah typically what happens is my plants will get to the right size for the switch and then it takes me another week or two to actually getting them switched! Hahaha im always so far behind on my plant care!

Kewl Thx jango! When u get a chance check out my grow. That screen is gonna work miracles for me.
I'm 2wks away from harvest...yea baby!!

Awesome man! I'll have to check it out for sure to see how the screen is going. Im pretty tempted to use it in conjunction with my NFT to help stabilize the plants cause i know as soon as they start getting bud heavy they're gonna be wanting to flop all over the place in my system!

I forgot.....the two ET plants also finished VERY quickly. The other UFOs (Syrup, Wt. Dwarf and *Quasar from Buddha seeds) 2 of which were autos, were in the jar in 80 days from seed. **The Quasar was not auto and took 100 days or so **
But the Emerald Jack was done in 90 days! (50/50 amber cloudy) The SSOG in 95 days.....this is from seed cracking remember
They go amber like a light switch....watch 'em
****It'll be a Barneys christmas round here this year! yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

:thedoubletake: Whew! Thats fast! This coming weekend im gonna have to do some serious catch up and get my freebies going! I think im gonna take as many clones as my current two moms have left and then chop em down. That might sound terrible but they are in such poor condition and just at a size and setup that i just cant maintain! Then that way ill have a bunch more space and time to start all my new girls!

As a matter of fact I do friend :) ... I'll be posting a new journal soon and hit you with the link when I do. Keep up the good work farmer!

Ahhh excellent! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it!

Hey Jango
I'm hanging with you man, just like chopper said we must have all gotten the same UFO's I agree completely with chopper on the time frames . My Tangerine Dreams have been really fussy little ladies. They are still about 3 weeks out. I ordered T.D. and northern lights blue and got the same UFO'S. I got more to say but today is feeding and I am preharvest flushing my E. Jack, Grapefruit Krush and SSOG. My autoflowers Budda Syrup was good but I really enjoy the Budda White.
I'll be back Good luck :high-five:

Clayhead :welcome: I had heard that the TD was a bit fussy but damn i cant wait to try it!! Definitely let me know how your harvest turns out!

Skyrocket is all aboard.

:welcome: Sky Rockey, glad to have you bud!

Late as hell, but subbed!! Can't wait to follow this one Jango. Sorry for the delay...

Hey X! No need to be sorry, i know you've got a bunch goin on over on your end! I was able to pop over to your grow the other day for just long enough to see that your auto yielded pretty much that same as my girl!! :bravo: to the both of us good sir!

this sounds like a tasty garden. I been interested in learn more about hydro to:high-five:

this sounds like a tasty garden. I been interested in learn more about hydro to:high-five:

:welcome: aboard 303! I tell you what i wish i would have learned a lot more things before i started with hydro. I thought i had it all figured out and did plenty of homework but ive been constantly changing my setups the whole time lol

Back
Top Bottom