Virgin Grower - Badboy Lights - Fox Farms - LST - Nirvana Seed

420Dexter

Ok, so here goes. I haven't smoked in over 25 years . I recently decided to try MJ for pain relief from several blown out disc in my neck but really didn't want to deal with the street, safty, quality etc.. So after several discussion with my other half we decided to grow it for ourselves.

This is my story and I am sticking to it.

As for the grow... Right now it is bag seed. the seedlings are about 3 weeks old and were transplanted today into their final containers. 4 of them are in 3 gallon and 2 are in 5 gallon buckets.

I created a grow space under my stairs that is approx 3x5 and lined with Mylar bubble wrap i bought at Lowes. I have the Badboy 8 tube T5 with half the tubes running 6500K and half at 2900K. Very bright, low heat and after looking at Bend MMc grow I feel pretty good about the decision to use these lights for the entire grow.

I am growing with Fox Farms Ocean forest and using their nute package as well. Although to date they have just recieved PH water.

Lastly, i was planning the 1st grow to be with Nirvana Seeds. I ordered a pack of femmed AK48 and Aurora Indica back in late June but they never arrived. I spoke with AJ at Nirvana and they agreed to resend the package. Looks like it went out 2 days ago, so we will see if it arrives this time around. In the meantime, the bag seed will have to do while i learn and these Nirvana strains assuming they arrive will be the next grow.

Anyway i think that's it for now. Will post picture soon. Feel free to comment, suggest, criticize, etc..., This is the first grow and I am lookng to learn.

Re: virgin grower. Using Badboy lights, Fox Farms, LST, and Nirvana seed

Looking forward to this journal. Im sure it will offer a lot of insight for other members as well. I started using cannabis for a back injury, it works great for me. Good luck sir!

I'm sure you don't need it but I've found How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know very helpful. Plus the people here are great! :goodluck: I'm definitely subed for your first grow.

OK, so here are the early pictures. They were just transplanted and lst'd today. Not sure i should have done both in the same day, but they look healthy to me still
08316.JPG

08115.JPG

08017.JPG

side-view-of-the-babies.302644

08715.JPG

Thanks for stopping by Taco. hopefully i can add to the collective knowledge here. I have been lurking for weeks reading and learning as much as i can before taking the dive. If i am a third as successful as some of these journals i would be happy with the undertaking. Hope you enjoy

Dashiznet, I've read through that several times already. I also bought Ed Rosenthals book at amazon and have been reading successful grow journals here for weeks.

:clap: reps for doing your research! I'm all in for this. Hopefully I can learn something.

I'm Subscribed. Best of luck with your first grow! :)

I will subscribe. I used a 6 bulb T5 lighting system. Compared to my 400w HPS, the results with 6 plants was slightly less. However, the energy and heat savings was worth the switch. I plan to use the T5 lights again with SCROG setup.

SCROG setup with T5 lights should be a perfect setup since the lights produce an even canopy.

southernboy. I like the idea of scrog and sog. As this is the 1st time for me, I think I am going to keep it simple and just lst the girls. The next grow will more than likely be scrog or sog though/ Right now I am leaning towards SOG as I am intrigued by 420ified's SOG grow documented here

Introduced the babies to Big Bloom last night, they seem to have tolerated this well. I believe with tomorrows watering I'll introduce Grow Big along with the Big Bloom. since beginning the lst on Saturday, I can already see new branches forming on 1 or 2 of the kids and think with adding the nutes this week I should see some good growth in the coming days

Hi 420
Little babies look to have a good start. :bravo: I am sure you will do fine.
you have already learned the most important thing. We all must do our home work and there is a lot of help here. I'll be watching this grow. :cheer:

Re: Virgin grower. Using Badboy lights, Fox Farms, LST, and Nirvana seed

Nirvana seeds rock. As you know, i ordered seeds back in June. After 4 weeks they never showed. I contacted nirvana support and spoke with AJ. They agreed to reship the order at no charge and it arrived today, 8 days latter as promised.

So at this point, i have 6 indica seeds at about 4 weeks from bag seed a friend gave me and then today i put 1 each of femmed AK48 and Aurora Indica in paper towel to germinate. So assuming they hatch, the bag seed may veg longer than i planned.

descriptions From Nirvana website
AK48 marijuana strains
have been gaining popularity steadily since the mid-1990s. Our AK48 is one of the strongest early-finishing cannabis strains available anywhere. AK48 marijuana plants produce hard buds with an exceptional and penetrating aroma. Although AK48 is a Cannabis Indica/Sativa hybrid, its effect tends toward the 'high' commonly produced by Sativas. Although most marijuana growers will opt for a longer vegetative period to improve taste, under perfect conditions, Nirvana AK-48 may finish in as few as 48 days.

White strain: Yes
Feminized: Yes
Medical: No
Effect: High (cerebral, heady effect)
Flowering period: 7 - 9 weeks
Average yield: 400 - 500 (g/m² in SOG)
Flavour: sweet / smooth
Plant height: Medium
Plant type: Indoor
Indica / Sativa: Hybrid

Nirvana Aurora Indica
is an F1 hybrid of Afghan and Northern Light. Its plants stay short, producing heavy colas and dense buds. This cannabis strain produces exceptional amounts of resin, resulting in a deep, near-black hash with a tasty aroma and a heavy buzz. Aurora Indica probably is our most potent Indica.

White strain: No
Feminized: Yes
Medical: Yes
Effect: Stoned (body buzz, relaxing effect)
Flowering period: 7 - 9 weeks
Average yield: 400 - 500 (g/m² in SOG)
Flavour: fruity / herbal
Plant height: Short
Plant type: Indoor as well as Outdoor
Indica / Sativa: Predominantly Indica

Looking forward to this journal. Best wishes on this!

So i was reading this journal about Osmocote Plus And found the premise quite interesting. essentially the claims made are that a $20 jug of osmocote is more effective then the cannabis specific nutes, easier to use with no fuss and muss on ph etc...,and at a fraction of the cost the popular nutes often cited on this and other 420 sites as being essential to good grows. Being the cheap and lazy bastard I am, i like these concepts and beleive I will try this method with the new Nirvana seeds I got this week.

So in the 6 original containers , I will have indica bag seed in FFOF soil mixed with 25 to 30% perlite using the the FOX farms nute schedule for soil and adjusting the PH to 6.3 to 6.5

In the other 2 containers, i will use Pro-Mix soil mixed with 25 to 30% perlite and Osmocote Plus time release nutrients using straight tap water with no PH adjusting. OC+ has the following breakdown
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
TOTAL NITROGEN (N)*………………..15.0%
Ammoniacal Nitrogen……………………….7.0%
Nitrate Nitrogen………………………………8.0%
AVAILABLE PHOSPHATE (P2O5)*…...…9.0%
SOLUBLE POTASH (K2O)……………...12.0%
MAGNESIUM (Mg)*………………………..1.0%
SULFUR (S)*……………………………….2.3%
BORON (B)*……………………………….0.02%
COPPER (Cu)*……………………………0.05%
IRON (Fe)*…………………………………0.45%
Chelated Iron (Fe)*…………………………0.23%
MANGANESE (Mn)*………………………0.06%
MOLYBDENUM (Mo)*…………………….0.02%
ZINC (Zn)*…………………………………0.05%

Now I know this is far from scientific, to many variables, not enough control, but if the grows are relativity close or the OC+ is dramatically better, this will be enough to convince me that their is no need to go the expensive nute route.

DocBud has a great journal illustrating the effectiveness of OC+ and after reading his plus the other journal mentioned it sounds like a no brainer to me.

Be interested if any of you have an opinion one way or another.

Dexter, looking good so far. I used OC+ in some Hempy buckets my water is sh*t so I had problems in flowering, but through veg they looked great. I have read successful grows with OC+, I think you will do just fine with it.

g.l. with your grow ive been wanting to buy an 8 tube bad boy but havnt took the leap yet, your babbies look good.

Back
Top Bottom