Stevehman's Advanced LED's 800W Diamond Series - Mulitple Strains - Hempy Grow

Ok, I finally have a free minute to get my new journals up and running, but first a quick and shameless plug for the Monthly contests. I have entries in all three this month, If you enjoyed my last grow, please consider voting for the Gigabud. If not, just vote for the one that looks the best. Either way please vote so we can get more participation each month (the link to the contests is in my signature block).

Now on to the grow.

This is Grow 5.1 for me. I will be doing my first grow with Hempy buckets. I know, I'm a hydro guy, but these were my old moms and I do moms in hempies. I'm sure I could have gone the extra bit and rinsed the roots off and started my undercurrent system, but that is coming down the road.

Strains: Gigabud (G13 labs)x2
Twilight (Dutch Passion) x2
Pineapple Chunk (Barney's Farms) x2
Darkstar (TH Seeds) x3
Caramelicious (AMS) x1
Lights: Advanced LEDs, 800watt Diamond Series (aka, BMFL)
System: Hempy Buckets, 2 gal. 60% coco coir, 40% perlite
Nutrients: Osmocote, Filtered tap water, Great White. (still undecided on which amendments to add on this one, I may stick with the Cutting Edge Solutions stuff, or maybe go with Blue Planet)

I need to install an exhaust fan in there today, so in the meantime I have the door partially opened to allow heat to escape out. I will post all of the stats as far as temp, RH and pH of the tap water and runoff tomorrow. I can already tell this is going to be a stinky grow, I have a carbon filter in the tent, if it doesn't do the trick then it's going to be ozone for outside the tent.

This is the light, the Advanced LED's Diamond Series 800w, using the guitar for size comparison:
DSCN00014.JPG

I picked up a Secret Jardin DR120 tent for this grow. It seems well made and went up very easily. Lots of double sleeved holes for vents, cables etc. Here is a pick of the tent with the DS 800 in Blue (veg) mode:
DSCN00064.JPG

In Red (Bloom) mode:
DSCN00075.JPG

And with Blue and Red both on:
DSCN00084.JPG

I like the option to start off with the Blue and then go to Red with one unit. It uses roughly ½ the wattage for each one. The unit draws 800 watts with both switches on. So about half of that when you are just vegging.

I picked up these tubs at the local Lowes, they are 2x3 and about 8 inches tall. Perfect for the 2 gal buckets, you can easily fit 6 in each.
DSCN00114.JPG
DSCN00106.JPG

Here are the girls. These are the moms I've had under a T5HO for the past several months. I will take a few clones off of the P-chunk and Darkstar to make new moms, I have seeds of all the rest so I won't start new moms of them.
DSCN00124.JPG

I also pick this up at Lowes, it is the cheapest wet/dry vacuum you can find. It's a power head that snaps onto a 5 gal bucket, $19. It's perfect for cleaning up and removing the runoff after feeding.
DSCN00135.JPG

I will be juggling two journals, two types of grows at the same time. Good for me, I like a challenge.

Re: Stevehman's Advanced LED's 800w Diamond Series, mulitple strains, hempy grow

Cant wait to see these buds grow. Good thing you got your lights already, i just got a call from kyle saying theyrehaving problems and cant ship my light for another week!! But i dont need it yet so its cool. Subbed for sure

Re: Stevehman's Advanced LED's 800w Diamond Series, mulitple strains, hempy grow

I cant wait to see the Diamond series in action! I have the 180w E.F. and think it kicks ass! I know the D.S. will be even better;) Thats a hell of a unit for what appears to be a 4x4 tent! Should be intense!!!!

Cant wait to see these buds grow. Good thing you got your lights already, i just got a call from kyle saying theyrehaving problems and cant ship my light for another week!! But i dont need it yet so its cool. Subbed for sure
Beans,
I don't think they were prepared for the huge demand they had for the Diamond Series lights. They sold out their entire stock! I'm sure yours will be in soon. I think they're worth a little extra wait.

Clean setup man!:thumb: And you got some nice strains there too. are you going to veg them any longer?
Maybe 2 weeks of veg so they can adjust to their new home before I give them the full light. Right now they are under the Blue spectrum.

count me in dude, I will be the quite one super stoned in the corner looking above everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom