Yup, I'm Back! 12/12 From Seed 250W HPS Dirt - Unknown Strain

Runamok

Hello. I'm back. ;p

I've done a few moderately successful grows here
and I've grown since my last thread. I have never tried
12/12 from seed so I decided to document the attempt here.

I'm growing in a 4'x4' closet with a 250w HPS.
I am growing in dirt. Just general mix of old unused bag dirt I had lying about :p I'll use nicer dirt for the final transplants to final pots.
I am using Gen. Hydro. Flora series nutes.
I have a small fan and little venting for heat and I may have to address
those issues later. :p

I'll post of the closet setup later as I just wanted to set up the journal
now. :)

The seeds are from herb I'd gotten from a pal that was very nice heady buzz
and very enjoyable smoke. I decided to try to grow some because my pal and I really liked the smoke. :) I couldn't guess the strain, but hey, If it turns out anything close to the parent.. I'll be a happy tokster. :)

Here's a general shot of the grow area, 3 days after I'd sprouted the first batch of seeds with 4 newly planted sprouts.
light25.jpg

Close Up of same day 9-15-11 Sprouts are 3 days old with 4 newly sprouted seeds planted.
91511a.jpg

Today 9-20-11. Eldest plants are 8 days old. Waiting for signs of males or females.
92011a.jpg

Wish me luck and glad to be back !

Peace, me. :peace:

Re: Yup, I'm back ! 12/12 from seed 250w HPS Dirt Unknown Strain

Update:
Eldest 3 are 12 days old, the 3 babies are 5 days behind.
Doing well, should probably see signs of sex on older 3 plants in the next week or so.
I'm really trying to see sex before I do the final transplant in to permanent pots.

Under the HPS
92411a.jpg

Under white light, for color :)
92411b.jpg

I wanted to get a closeup while they were still babies, lol
We'll know if we have girls or boys soon. Then the killing shall commence !
92411c.jpg

I'm sub'd. Been wanting to try 12/12 from seeds. I've seen several grows from seed and all turned out different. Very intrested to see where your grow goes.

I mainly grow 12/12 from seed. You'll like it. The plants are easy to manage, and depending on the strain, you don't give up much in yield.

I've got a small tree right now that's 12/12 from seed. Maybe 40 colas on it.....

Later today, I'll be moving this single plant under 2 1000 watt HPS's. It's that big. Zero veg time.
IMG_18626.JPG

Thanx for looking in guys.
It's kinda fun having a new journal.
I'm quite uniformed and ignorant to the 12/12 growing from seed and I'll be learning as I go. I do have one question. I know when I veg'd female clones with lights on 24/7 , then swapped them to the flowering chamber @ 12/12, they flowered within 14 days.
My question is, when growing 12/12 from seed , approximately how long from day 1 sprout before I see signs of sex ? It's been 15 days or so now since the sprout of the first 3 plants and they are growing nicely but have yet to show any sign of sex. I know it's gonna happen, but I want to ensure I catch the males. My plan is to keep 4 or so females growing all the time and to continually sprout seeds as I need them for new stock. So, I have to figure how to arrange the growing area to allow space for infants and adults.
The plants are quite hearty and doing well.. I'm still using baby strength nutes and I'm planning on transplanting to perm pots tomorrow.
I'll post before and after pics then. :)

Thanx for looking in guys.
It's kinda fun having a new journal.
I'm quite uniformed and ignorant to the 12/12 growing from seed and I'll be learning as I go. I do have one question. I know when I veg'd female clones with lights on 24/7 , then swapped them to the flowering chamber @ 12/12, they flowered within 14 days.
My question is, when growing 12/12 from seed , approximately how long from day 1 sprout before I see signs of sex ? It's been 15 days or so now since the sprout of the first 3 plants and they are growing nicely but have yet to show any sign of sex. I know it's gonna happen, but I want to ensure I catch the males. My plan is to keep 4 or so females growing all the time and to continually sprout seeds as I need them for new stock. So, I have to figure how to arrange the growing area to allow space for infants and adults.
The plants are quite hearty and doing well.. I'm still using baby strength nutes and I'm planning on transplanting to perm pots tomorrow.
I'll post before and after pics then. :)

Preflowers at day 17-24....actual, unmistakeable flower after day 30 for most strains.

Plants veg themselves.....12/12 or no.....they still veg.

Thanx for the reply Doc.
I just wanted to know what kinda time schedule I was looking at. I *did* figure they'd have to veg / grow a bit before they started to show what's under their knickers, just didn't know how long. :)
Thanx again and will post progress pics tomorrow.

OK ! I've transplanted all 6 plants and I think they're doing "OK".
I used new topsoil with no added nutes.
The eldest 3 plants are 16 days old from seed.
I can see now that I'll only realistically have room for 4 females,
so here's hoping we'll get 4 outta the 6 now growing. If Not, I'll
certainly be sprouting new babies after I can sex the 6 that are currently growing.
I started full nutes today as per the Gen. Hydro. Nute Calc.
Here are today's pictures.

Before the transplant.
92811a.jpg

First time Outside and in new pots.
92811b.jpg

Back in the closet.
92811c.jpg

I'll report back soon ! Thanx for looking in and happy gardening !

And then there were 5...
Yup...one of the plants, the tallest of the eldest, plainly showed himself as a male today and I promptly killed him. He was 20 days old from seed.

I then fed the remaining 5 plants and left them in peace. We shall see what tomorrow brings. From my past grows, I've gotten a pretty good eye for seeing which plants are gonna be male or female, and from the way it looks to me, I'll have 2, maybe 3 females outta this batch of 6. We'll see.

I'll post more and some new pictures when I see sex on the next plant.

Peace, me :peace:

And then there were four....

Yup, I've murdered another male that reared his ugly head. :p
I now have two definite females , 2 of the eldest plants, which are now
24 days old from seed. Two of the younger plants , which are 3 days younger, have not shown sex yet.

The 2 which have not shown yet are tallish and thin and look very similar to the males that I've killed. I dunno for sure, But I feel they are males, But I will make certain before they die. My light timer goes off at 9:00pm so I took these pictures with flash *just* after the HPS went off for the night. I am feeding / watering every two days or so now and the plants seem pretty happy.

I'll post more as I progress. :)

The 2 Center plants are eldest, 24 days from seed and confirmed Females.
100611a.jpg

100611b.jpg

Peace,me :peace:

runamok! long time no see. glad to see your still growing!
welcome back! i agree with Doc you will like no mercy growing!

shaggie-420 ! 4twenty4all !! So good to see a few old friends ! Glad ya found my new little link of madness :) Glad ya'll are still around, I shall be perusing each of your newest grows later for sure !

Nothing much happening here at the moment, It seems like I may actually have 4 females now. The tallest of the four survivors is also one of the youngest two, which are 3 days younger than the 2 eldest females. I saw one lone flower on the tallest and the last plant is being a bit shy in revealing it's sex :p I'll know for sure soon.

I just took 3 quick pics. 2 of the two oldest girls to show flower development. I think they're gonna be pretty plants. Sorry about the HPS shots it's just a bit of a pain to turn off and one the way the timer is set up.
Anyhoo ! On to show !

Group shot, eldest plants in the front , 28 days from seed. Photoshop'd to
combat HPS glow :p
101011c.jpg

Baby Flowers :)
101011b.jpg

101011a.jpg

I'll post more as I progress :)
peace, me :peace:

Just a brief Update.

Good news ! All 4 remaining plants are female. The tall and gangly plant was really stretching above the other 3, so I got brutal (really BRUTAL !) and super-cropped her, lol. We'll see how badly it affects her and I'll take a pic tomorrow if she looks like she's healing. I'm pretty sure she will heal, as I've gotten brutal with plants before. Gave 'em all a nice watering and I'll feed again tomorrow. Cyaz then !

Thanx 4twenty4all....this grow has been very simple so far, basicly feed and watch.
And yea...hard to believe, Our beloved pants are so hardy. :)
Just 2 pics today, one of the group and one of the supercrop. This isn't for the squeamish..
I TOLD ya I was brutal. :p

Brutal Supercrop, 18 hours after the actual deed. She's healing nicely.
101211a.jpg

The Group (26 - 29 days from seed)
101211b.jpg

I'll post more as I progress.

OUCH! She took it well though. They look awesome. Just wait until they start to fill in, its gonna be pretty. I like how you push them right to the limit with the nutes without stunting their growth or causing lockout. Nice....

ThatBoyDean , Thanx , they're getting prettier, even Miss Bent-o-Lot. I do look after them. :)

4twenty4all ,LOL, OUCH ! hahaha ! Yea...but she *DID* take it well, doncha think ?

As far pushing them to the limits...really, here, as with all my past grows, I just follow the directions per the Gen.Hydro Nute Calc
It's all about watching the plants and knowing when they are hungry or if they've had enough to eat. I do feed them regularly, but if they're looking like they've had enough, I just give 'em plain water for a day or so. I do what pH closely and it seems my grows do best when I keep the solution around 6.5 pH.

Today I am starting the transition nutes and probably in the next week, I'll start the flowering nutes.

This is my personal hardest time, knowing *WHEN* to start full on flowering nutes :|

ANY insight or input to this would be great. I fed my plants the growth / veg solution til harvest last grow and they did fine. I'd really like to see if using the flowering solution does me that much better. I may experiment on Miss Bent-o-lot.

Anyhoo...that's all for now. Got a few gigs this week end with the band , so I'll post more info and pics on Monday !

So much for the Super Crop. LOL ! I opened the closet this morning to check and feed the girls and Miss Bent-O-Lot was like, Bring It ! Poo on you and your super crop !! So... I'll just let her go and do what I have to later if she gets too tall and unruly. I was so amazed I just had to share pics.

Super Crop ?! Hah ! Bring it !
101411a.jpg

The girls... 29-31 days from 12/12 seed
101411b.jpg

I'll post more as I progress.

Back
Top Bottom