SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

Mr. Krip

Product Reviewer
420 Staff
WELCOME TO MY 3RD GROW JOURNAL!

Welcome old friends, and new friends, to my third grow journal which is actually my 4th grow (or 5th, depending on how you count the grows/harvests!).

As the title states, we're about to try a SOG! :yahoo:

I've been growing for just under a year and started by building a DIY stealth cabinet which you can see in the first post of my first journal.

Although I had a lot of growing "knowledge" before I started, I had never grown and the first journal is really just my failed attempts at germinating seeds. It's wasn't until my last journal, when a friend gave me some clones to play with, that I really started to "get the feel" for growing.

Along the way, I even figured out how to germinate seeds and was able to get a great Pineapple Express pheno that I've been trying to maintain a perpetual grow.

My initial goal, when I first built the cab, was to be able to maintain two different strains (Pineapple Express & Lucy) and harvest 2-4 oz. dried every 8-10 weeks for personal use.

While it appears I can get the 2-4oz. yields, being able to do that consistently every 8-10 weeks has been proving difficult, since when I started planning I wasn't considering the difference between starting 12/12 and the start of flowering. I also didn't realize how agressive the seed companies can be when touting the "short" flowering times.

So, I haven't quite been able to make it between harvests without running out of meds and had to come up with a new plan.

Also, until recently, I haven't really been able to effectively maintain multiple strains in the small space I have, either.

Then, I discovered Bonsai Mothers! :yahoo:

I consider this a BIG breakthrough in being able to maintain multiple strains without needing a lot of room.

I've been aware of SOG for some time as a way to maximize yields, and after reading numerous SOG journals (Thanks 420fied & others!) I've decided to go with a 2L hempy SOG for this grow.

In addition to the larger yields, I also feel this will be much more conducive to the LED's I'm using than trying to grow one or two larger plants.

So, to start with, I picked up a 2'x4' grow tent to increase my grow area:

DSCN07834.JPG

I also picked up a 6" 440 CFM fan and can filter that are really to big to comfortably hang anywhere in the tent, so I've set it up to stand vertically in the corner. I still need to connect the ducting:

DSCN07844.JPG

I also bought two 16"x24" trays that each will hold (12) 2L hempys, for a total of 24 plants in the SOG:

DSCN07853.JPG

I still need to purchase the new LED, but currently planning on the new BlackStar 500w LED with 3w chips.

To prepare clones for the SOG, I also purchased the new TurboKlone T-24 Mini, which fits perfectly in my small cab. I've taken the first six Pineapple Express clones from my Bonsai Mom and have had them in the cloner for a couple of days now:

DSCN08112.JPG

I also have some PE clones that are rooting in rockwool cubes.

I've recently germinated a Power Skunk and a Lucy from seed and will be hoping to make them into Bonsai Moms and add the strains to the mix.

Here's the Power Skunk:

DSCN08192.JPG

And here's Lucy:

DSCN08171.JPG

I did an "Uncle Bens Topping" (UBT) on the Power Skunk and her top is also rooting (I hope!) in rockwool:

DSCN08183.JPG

This journal will be a little slow moving for the next couple of weeks while I finish up the previous grow and journal and finish putting together the new tent, but since we've already started germinating for this grow, I wanted to make sure everyone here can see this SOG from the start.

Happy Harvests!

K

Welcome to the 2L madness, Mr. Krip! Can't wait to see them up and going. Congrats on owning the sexy T-24. At what length did you make the cuttings from the PE? It's going to be a blast with the cloner pumping out clones to feed the perpetual.

The first round of cuttings were that went into rockwools were all 3"-4". But, I had to leave for a few days and came home to a bunch of wilted looking clones, so quickly took six more for the TK. The second set of six were only 1 1/2" to maybe 3" at most, since the Bonsai hadn't really had a chance to veg back out from the previous set of clones taken only a week or so earlier.

Everyone recommends the clones be 4" or so, so mine are definately small, but, if I can get them to root, I'll just give them a little extra veg time, if needed.

Congrat's on having the first post in the new journal! :woohoo:

I'll be tagging along as well, wish you good luck, but you shouldn't need it....

Im watchin, nice plan!

Nice purchase one the new tent, I have the same size and absolutely love it!!! Can't wait to see it in full LED action!!!

I still need to purchase the new LED, but currently planning on the new BlackStar 500w LED with 3w chips.

What sold you on this particular light/company? Not saying it's bad, it's just with so many choices out there I'm curious what in particular about this one appeals to you.

Nice introduction To the journal mr Krip it's funny how much you can learn in such a short period of time no matter how much you know you learn somthing new everyday (well i do) Like others I'll be following :D looking forward to seeing Theese bonsai mothers they look so pretty.What are you going to be feeding your ladies?

:thumb:

Yo, Krip. I'm in!:thumb: I've been looking into eventually doing a SOG grow myself. Just getting through my first grows before advancing my technique.

I'll Be lurking this whole grow. cant wait to see it come together.:tokin:

Good to have you here, TOG! It seems there's a lot of hempy grows starting up thanks to 420fied's success. I hope you do more than lurk! :)

Subbed !
I just caught up on the other journal and thought I'd better get here before I got too far behind here as well. Getting better all the time. Good Luck.-FS

Hey, Scratch! :byebye:

Yup, much easier if you don't wait for the first 100 pages before you start! ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Back
Top Bottom