Short Rider Soil - Attempted Reveg

teiji2

What strain is it? Train wreck reveg, short rider is from nirvana seeds.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Short rider is germinating in a paper towel, and my train wreck is going to be revegged in theory.

If in Veg... For how long? Just started today around noon for train wreck, changed all my lights from cool light to day light.

If in Flower stage... For how long? Just trimmed the last few pollinated buds.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor in a mini box

Soil or Hydro? Soil.- It's been stewing in my worm box outside.

If soil... what is in your mix?

If soil... What size pot? Both will be 32 quart Tupperware tins
Size of light? 5, 23 watt daylight cfl, then 2 45 watts and 3 26 watt cool light cfls

Is it aircooled? I have two six inch pc fans drawing in and expelling air.

Temp of Room/cab?- During veg stays around ninety, flower raises five degrees

PH of media or res?ph run off around 6.0 starts at 7.0

The train wreck is from a clone of a clone that has been flowering for nine weeks.- Four weeks ago the wreck got pollinated from an unknown Mexican strain.

How often are you watering?- Will setup a watering schedule once seed pops but most likely every three days both will get a half gallon of water.

Type and strength of ferts used?- will figure it out once short rider starts to sprout.

here are some images.
SSPX1125.jpg

This is the train wreck buds that I pollinated. I cut and dried the larger main cola.
SSPX1080.jpg

These are my mexico merch plants. The one on the right is the male I used to pollinate both plants. I topped and controlled both plants rather well to keep small and unnoticeable outside. The female is still growing buds nicely while the male was clipped and fed to my dogs (after collecting some pollen for my girls of course.) They were both planted early July and tortured and trimmed drastically till showed signs of sex almost a month and a half ago.
SSPX11381.jpg

Here is the train wreck on it's way to reveg mode. I just hope it takes, I would love a bonsai plant.
SSPX1139.jpg

And last this is the seed I have germinating I ordered from single seed center, I have so many seeds I ordered from them but am waiting on my license before I start most of them.

For now I will work on bonsai control and autoflowers. I am hoping however to eventually germinate my train wreck crossed with mexican bag seed. If nothing else I should have some interesting traits from the seeds.

Just a few images of the main cola and branch of train wreck, and my seeded girl outside.
SSPX1107.jpg

Its a bit blurry but this is the main cola and the main stalk I cut a few weeks ago.
SSPX1142.jpg

This is the mexico merch girl I dusted with the mail from same bag seed. The seeds are starting to open the calyxes and ripen. I will just harvest the whole plant together in four to five more weeks. Small side note, the short rider seed is splitting open, will wait for tap root to poke out and will drop in soil and add to my box. I can not wait for short rider to start. The website says eight weeks or shorter, but I shall see, I may top it so could take longer.

Re: Short rider soil, attempted reveg

So I checked in my box this morning and was greeted with a nice surprise.
SSPX1170.jpg

Look who decided to join the party, my short rider.
SSPX1172.jpg

and a mere eight hours later and it opens up and reaches for the light.

Still no real signs of anything but continued fox tailing on my train wreck, but it has not even been a full week since the start of the reveg so I am not to worried yet.

I did want to add a new image of my mexico merch chillin outside still.
SSPX1168.jpg

Starting to smell skunky I so can not wait to try this bad girl out, if I remember correctly the seed came from some xmas bud last year, it was some lime green stinky bud, but was still only 20 bucks a quarter.

Let's just say I'm south az. The less the government knows the better,even after I get my caregivers card I'll still be scared of that dreaded door knock for following state laws but not federal. Because I forgot welcome aboard breathingkush glad to have u join me so early.

So small update. Starting to see dark green growth from amidst a few buds on the train wreck, short rider is starting it's second set of fan leaves. Outside my seeded bag seed is getting skunky in the am and piney smell near dusk. Outside is entering the fifth week of flower so will be getting out the scope to check trichomes in a couple weeks. I'll take a few pics later n post them. Eventually I'll get a camera other than my phone.:Namaste:

So here are the pics
SSPX1180.jpg

Here is my revegging train wreck. I think Ill wait for sure signs of revegging before I root trim and repot.
SSPX11791.jpg

And here is my short rider. It has not shot up in height yet so I am hoping it stays shorter. Either way I am prepared to trim or tie this bitch down to suit my needs of a short plant.:Namaste:

Bkush as far as my outside girl goes it was more of just an experiment gone totally right. I tossed the seeds in the soil and decided lets see what happens. A month went by and the fan leaves were getting large and noticeable, and the plants were getting tall. I trimmed and trimmed training both plants I tossed in the pot. Another month later one threw out some balls while the other shot pistils out. Now almost three months total and I am nearing the end of her cycle. Along the way I made plenty of rookie mistakes with pollen though. Live and learn wash all of the arm when checking two different grows if one has a male. My aunt found a seed in a bud I gave her from the train wreck weeks before I pollinated the left over buds.

yea, I have made seeds, it took me about a year to stabalize but thats a pic for a different post. When I did my polinating I sepperated the 2 male at another friends house that doesnt "actually grow" he collected the pollen and I just save it and use a q-tip to dot where I want seeds, then I wash the entire plant 3 days in a row before I re-introduce that female to the flower room. I did that all along and was lucky. looking back I can only imagine i had an angel on my shoulder to never have fertilized my entire room.

Cheers,
BK

In the words of Professor Putricide (WoW reference) "Good News Everyone!" The train wreck is shooting lots of new single bladed fan leaves from the tiny nugs I left.
SSPX11911.jpg

All the dark leaves at the top are new fan leaves. I think once it has established new growth and more than a single blade fan leaf, I will do some root trimming and repotting in same pot with new soil. It is kind of sad to see the buds die and crisp up as new growth grows through them. I did find three more seeds in the dying buds. Now I am up to 7 seeds from the wreck and still have three buds curing that I need to go through.
SSPX11921.jpg

The short rider seems to be doing just fine thus far. I still think I will abuse this one around the fifth node or so before a repot to save on some stress. I am curious what happens to autoflowers that get trained as the stress delays the plants growth by a few days to a week. :Namaste:

So four days have passed and growth is surprising me. Started to give Train wreck 1/2 strength dose of 15-10-10 fert with water. Only feeding Wreck has had was right after final clip to try to jump start new growth, been straight water since then. Will feed the Wreck every other watering. I plan to mother this one for awhile and take plenty of clones while the short rider grows on 18/6 lights. This should keep me busy with trimming and training.
SSPX1220a.jpg

Single fan leaves are getting larger and buds are starting to brown and crumble away. I may start checking for extra seeds I missed as they crumble.
SSPX1221a.jpg

Nine days from sprout and its looking sweet. Will be re-potting tomorrow to half gallon container to minimize stress. If turns out to be male may keep and collect pollen for the train wreck so I have more random hybrids to play with.:Namaste:

SSPX1225.jpg

Short rider image with a decent camera.
SSPX1226.jpg

The fan leaves on train wreck are more visible with this camera.

So I re-potted the short rider to a larger pot. I was surprised with the lack of actual data on ruderalis, I have over thirty books on growing green and a few on botany and none have real data on the auto flowers. Search online and I found info on people growing autos, but no info on actual ruderalis. Makes me want to get my masters in biology and write my thesis on auto flowers as a plant species. Maybe after the laws change, till then I'll just document growth patterns like everyone else:Namaste:.

So both plants are continuing to grow. Short rider loves the new roomier pot and I will start to trellis the rider soon. I trimmed some excess parts of the train wreck as I want it to focus growth more in one area rather than all over. Eventually I will trim and cut the Wreck to be just a part of what it is now. The rest ill probably clone and give back to the circle I run in.
SSPX12341.jpg

First up is the revegging Train Wreck. It has finally started putting actual fan leaves out with the jagged edges as opposed to the rounded crazy looking leaves it first threw out.
SSPX1233.jpg

the short rider is crazy how small it stays and quickly it grows, I am looking forward to this one developing. I still have plans to lst trellis style just need to get some string first.:Namaste:

So I took new pictures last night to post and will get to that in a minute. I watered today with 1/8 strength of the nutes I use the reason for such a small dose is the ratio I have is 24-8-16. The train wreck seems to be plugging along nicely and I can see it working on a set of three and five finger fan leaves. The Short Rider is so tiny and bushy it amazes me I just may let this one go on its own and see what happens before I do anything to it. Still no sign of sex but it has only been 20 days since actual emergence from the soil. It still remains shorter than my lighter but has so much undergrowth its like a tiny jungle. I also reaped what i sowed outside. She was tiny but her smell is so fruity I can not wait to try her out. She does not appear to be overloaded with seeds but I will not know for sure till I start breaking the fruits of natures labor up. All I did was fimm her over and over to create a small tree.
SSPX1224.jpg

First off is natures tortured lil girl. I think over all I fimmed this one five times or so, still I found the trimming and watching the most fun, at least till the smoking makes her even more fun.
SSPX1243.jpg

The short rider still tiny but so bushy.
SSPX1242.jpg

Have to love the resilience of these plants. The wreck recovering nicely I still have not root chopped or repotted with fresh soil.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom