Ratatatt's Virgin Grow v1.2 - Advanced LED - Blue Planet - Aero - Buffet of Flavors

ratatattooey

So, to recap. My wife gets nearly paralyzing headaches, and I am searching for some kind of way to help with the pain, that doesn't also turn my wife into a zombie.

Our grow room was a bedroom that we decided to "remodel". It is also a work in progress.

Our first seeds were: Blueberry, Great White Shark, Vanilla Kush, Power Plant. Also, the included freebies: Rocklock, Cole Train, and BigBug#1. For my first attempt at germinating, I used only 2 of the freebie RockLocks. I put them between plates inside the wet paper towels. And them we put it over a scentsy burner. Wrong... to much heat I believer, they never popped.

Next i tried some ColeTrains. I did the same thing, only this time I roughed them up a tad with a nail fail, and.. decided not to boil them. lol. They popped right away, so we did the rest. After there was a nice root, we thought we'd try taking them as they were and putting them in the cloner. It seems to be working.. but it seems to be going slow. As soon as they get big enough we'll place them in the AeroFlo 30 .

these were the first two.
IMAG02179.jpg
IMAG02189.jpg

While we were at it, we put the 4 BigBud #1 in some grodan. I decided to do these in soil because they were free, and also because they were regular instead of feminized.
IMAG02236.jpg
IMAG02246.jpg
just trying to learn..

Re: Ratatatt's virgin grow v1.2 AdvancedLED, BLue Planet, Aero, buffet of flavors.

So germ'd seeds to cloner experiment still not working out so well. I'll take some pictures tonight. The Blueberry's are doing ok. The taproot's on these three now all have roots coming off of it, and they are looking fine & healthy. The Vanilla Kush seem to be surviving, but not growing roots or leaves. The PowerPlants are doing nothing, and the Great White Sharks aren't either. Some of the plants have yellow on the tip half off the leaves. I checked the ph in the cloner last night and it was 7.5 so we added some ph down, and I'll check it again tonight. The water temp in the cloner is about 65? the room temp is mid to upper 70's. the humidity runs from 45 to 60.

I'm thinking, maybe I should take the little guys out of the cloner and put them in some grodan cubes.?

Any thoughts?

Re: Ratatatt's virgin grow v1.2 AdvancedLED, BLue Planet, Aero, buffet of flavors.

Cubes would be better for seeds IMO. And youre not feeding them anything are you? And at such an early stage dont add chemicals like ph down to anything. Seeds should just get plain water until theyve developed their first true set of leaves AT LEAST. Ill chime in here and there. Glad to see you started a journal ratatattooey!

Thanks MB. Our 2nd batch of seeds for our concurrent first grow came in Friday, and we popped them in cubes Saturday night. Not gonna try this again... live, learn, and keep living!

IMGP1062.JPG
IMGP10611.JPG
IMGP10601.JPG
IMGP1059.JPG
IMGP1058.JPG

These are pics of the little guys from last week. I waited about 3 days after the seeds first popped to put them in the cloner pucks. This was about 1 week after putting them in the cloner.

I'll get some new pics tonight.

more history... here was our room before right after we emptied it... getting ready to "remodel"

IMAG01978.jpg
IMAG019810.jpg
IMAG01998.jpg

Here we added the mylar, a 6x24 filter, and exhaust fan into the attic

IMAG02076.jpg
IMAG02084.jpg

and my helpers..
IMAG02117.jpg

Here's the Aero system.. not yet completely set up
IMGP10251.JPG

and the flood table that will be the subject of my "other" grow journal I'll try to get started tonight
IMGP1027.JPG

I'm so glad that the Aero didn't leak, that would have been a very big mess to clean up..

When the door is open the sound of the running water reminds me of a whirlpool tub.. I think when we have made some money I need a new tub. LOL..

It's cool to see those little seed start to do their thing... I feel like a kid a Christmas time, I keep going in and looking to see how many more have popped. lol

Temps in the room range from 75-82f humidity is running between 45 and 60%
IMGP1134.JPG

went ahead and moved the little seedlings from the cloner into the aeroflo. They had not shown any changes for the better in the past few days, so I figured "why not" .. take the chance.
IMGP11211.JPG
IMGP1122.JPG
IMGP1123.JPG
IMGP11241.JPG

I took some new pics of my BigBuds in soil.. but I think it would be cleaner if I start a separate thread for those, since they are soil and not aero, and I will probably have soil questions later.

Here are pics of seeds we planted this past Saturday, hoping they can catch up and I can put some in the aero
IMGP1136.JPG
IMGP1135.JPG

Note to self: Next time take SteveHman ( and others) advice and stick with one strain, or at least very like strains for the aeroflo. I have no idea what these strains will need or like, so I wonder if I'm setting myself up to fail?

It's a learning process. Find a strain or two that you and your wife like and then dial them in. It will make you a better grower. Master the basics and then start adding some complexity to the mix. I tried to do three strains in my grow 4.0, what a nightmare, they weren't compatible, one never even started to flower and just went into veg-stretch overload and I had to remove it.

For you next grow, choose one or two strains and clone them so you have an even playing field.

wow...you got a shit load of children there. lol
good work

Back
Top Bottom