Ratatatt's First Grow v1.5- Clay Pot- Soil- Blue Planet Nutes- AdvancedLED- BigBud #1

ratatattooey

When I received my very first seed order, I was happy to find some "freebies" 4 Big Bud #1 regular seeds.

I put them in some grodan about 14 days ago, after they sprouted I put them in some pots. And now they grow...here they are today..
IMGP11291.JPG
IMGP11281.JPG
IMGP11271.JPG
IMGP1126.JPG
IMGP1125.JPG
IMGP11311.JPG

Here is the soil they are in along with some perlite. .
IMGP11301.JPG

I haven't added any kind of nutes or anything to the soil (other than tap water) ....

They are currently getting 18 hours of Advanced LED full spectrum light a day. They've been under a DS200, but now they are under a DS100. Pot's are super cheap 6" terra-cotta's

Re: Ratatatt's first grow v1.5 ~ clay pot, soil, Blue Planet Nutes, AdvancedLED, BigB

I use this light. I would move it down to 30" for first few days then after about second leaves I moved to 24". Now I got them at 21" ready till the end probably.

Re: Ratatatt's first grow v1.5 ~ clay pot, soil, Blue Planet Nutes, AdvancedLED, BigB

Go get some Alaskan Fish Emulsion. I like it for veg and its cheap. Just dilute it a lot at first to get them used to it.

When I received my very first seed order, I was happy to find some "freebies" 4 Big Bud #1 regular seeds.

I put them in some grodan about 14 days ago, after they sprouted I put them in some pots. And now they grow...here they are today..
IMGP11291.JPG
IMGP11281.JPG
IMGP11271.JPG
IMGP1126.JPG
IMGP1125.JPG
IMGP11311.JPG

Here is the soil they are in along with some perlite. .
IMGP11301.JPG

I haven't added any kind of nutes or anything to the soil (other than tap water) ....

They are currently getting 18 hours of Advanced LED full spectrum light a day. They've been under a DS200, but now they are under a DS100. Pot's are super cheap 6" terra-cotta's

What made u buy advanced leds? I like this light alot, do u think 3 ds100s in a dr150w 31"x60" would be cool? is there a big difference between the ds100 and the 200?

Welcome cooljay, thanks for stopping by. I chose advanced based on my needs and the results I could find from people using LED's currently. There is a good difference between the DS100 and the ds200. The 200's are bigger, and brighter. of course they draw twice the power. I think 3 of the 100's would work, but I think maybe 2 of the DS 200's would work a lot better if you could swing it. But the three 100's should do just fine, You might send them an email or call them, they have always been nice and helpful to me.

Re: Ratatatt's First Grow v1.5- Clay Pot- Soil- Blue Planet Nutes- AdvancedLED- BigBu

updated pic. The spots on the leaves are from some Mighty Wash I sprayed on because we found some spider mites on plants on the other side of the room. Otherwise they seem to be looking ok.

Almost time to top 'em.. I think..??
IMGP11571.JPG
IMGP11581.JPG
IMGP11591.JPG
IMGP1160.JPG
IMGP11611.JPG

Re: Ratatatt's First Grow v1.5- Clay Pot- Soil- Blue Planet Nutes- AdvancedLED- BigBu

wow, didn't realize it had been a week since I posted. All is going well. Had a little issue that I think turned out to be ph problem. I've got that corrected, and the plants are looking good again. Yesterday I topped two of the plants just above the 4th set of fan leaves. Since this is all new, I only did two for now to see what happens over the next couple of days.

Sorry no pics. I'll try to get some updated ones up.

plants are still growing. The two I topped did just what they were supposed to do, so I did the other two. The new growth all over the plant is green, but the older leaves are turning yellow, etc. I made the mistake of ph'ing the water before I watered them at first, so I'm trying to flush them now, and get going again with good water and start with some nutes.

Oh... no signs of males yet in any of the 4.

I'll get pics tomorrow.

plants are growing along just fine. I've been a little busy with family, but making sure not to neglect the "girls" .. at least I hope they are girls.

What size veg area does that ds100 REALLY cover! Do u think it would be perfect for a DR80 grow tent? 31"x31"x63"

Hey cooljay, No, I don't think it would. I think a DS200 would be the minimum, and if it was me, I'd go for the DS300.

I have these 4 pots sitting inside a standard seed tray. I think those are about 12" by 21" (I could be wrong)

for you're tent I'd def look at the DS300. (or two of the 100's)

The Advanced website says the DS100 covers 24" by 30". So I think two of the 100's would get you by, one of the DS200's would cover the tent ok with some dropoff on two sides, but a ds300 would give great coverage.

If anyone is watching, I could use some help in determining sex of a plant (or two)

Is this a male..??
IMG_30294.JPG
IMG_30284.JPG
IMG_30274.JPG

And... I think this one IS a male???
IMG_30263.JPG
IMG_30252.JPG
IMG_3024.JPG
IMG_3023.JPG
IMG_30221.JPG

Thanks.

those are branches buddy, not preflowers.
no worrys you wont know the sex till you start flowering.
i would lower your light but idk i never worked with LEDs and dont know much about them. i just figure the closer the light the less the stretch on the plants.
im in brother

well... one more of these freebie's turned out to be a guy. The other one is a girl for sure. So... I ended up with one girl out of the four free seeds.

I'm gonna stick with this girl though, so I can learn a little about soil, as I continue my two other hydro grows.

a long over due update.

This poor girl has gone through Hell. Three of her siblings were boys, and met an untimely, and gruesome death. I've almost killed her... twice. I ignore her. I abuse her by making her watch as I give her cousins growing next to her getting all the love in the world.

Despite all this, she's still alive and doing her best to earn my love and affection.

So tonight, I decided to give her some "me" time. I thought she did a great job posing for the camera?

IMG_30673.JPG
IMG_30682.JPG
IMG_30691.JPG
IMG_30703.JPG
IMG_3071.JPG
IMG_30721.JPG
IMG_30731.JPG
IMG_30743.JPG
IMG_30752.JPG
IMG_3076.JPG

:thumb:

It is a miracle that this one plant is still alive from all the neglect she has been getting... lol

But she is still alive and I'm guessing from the buds she is forming she is doing okay for now.. I've been reminding him to water her.. Hopefully that will help...

Back
Top Bottom