Pineapple Express Auto Fem CFL Grow - 1 Week Veg

nugslinger420

Hey guys I've been reading up for a while and figured it was about time to start my first grow. I chose pineapple express autoflower feminized for potential odor reasons(also g13 had a freebie going). I'm growing in FFOF and also have FF nutes. There are 5 23w CFL, 4 are 6500k and 1 2700k. The box is a locker about 1' wide 2' deep and 3.5' tall. I am interested in getting hps or t5 set up. Heat and height are an issue so I'm leaning towards t5. I can't post pictures yet but there are already about 4 sets of leaves. Any input on watering and lighting would be greatly appreciated!

IMAG00558.jpg

Re: pineapple express auto fem cfl grow. 1 week veg

Keep the CFL lights as close as you can possibly get them. Put them all around the plant.

If you want the fastest method in my opinion:

Veg and flower with a HPS. Get as much airflow as you can, because they tend to get warm.
As for watering, only water when your top soil is dry. Stick your finger down about an inch, if its wet, its good. Don't over water or underwater. Make sure you have a PH around 5.5 - 6.2

Can't wait for more pics!

:Namaste:

Re: pineapple express auto fem cfl grow. 1 week veg

The lights are about 2 inches from the top of the plant. And as far as the ph goes I'm using spring water and do not have a ph meter. I am going to the hydro shop soon to look at lights and ph/tds meter. They had an advertisement for 1000w hps w/ bulb ballast and reflector for 285. Seems like a good deal but a bit overkill for what I need. Also if you look at the picture there is very slight yellowing on the edges of the leaves. Any idea what that could be? I think underwatering but I am not sure whatsoever

As promised.. more pictures! Here is a pic of the light set up, there is a small 9v fan under the lights that you can't see.

IMAG00587.jpg

There are my 12v computer fan exhaust
IMAG00598.jpg

And this is what she looked like an hour ago
IMAG00616.jpg

IMAG00626.jpg

I have not used any nutes yet but I have FF veg nutes and also maxicrop seaweed. The light schedule has been at 24/0 but is going to 20/4 tonight. It looks like all is well temps stay around 80 and humidity around 45%. Any suggestions?

Loving the pics! Your room seems a little hot, any thing 75F and hotter is perfect incubating environments for spider mites! Other than that, keep it up!

I agree with leafy here...I think once you get off 24/0 you will have a slightly lower temps for a bit.....but still too warm....don't want to herm them in the future..(take it from me)....Your girl will also be outgrowing that box in like a minute....I would be looking for more space my man....and a more powerful fan......those 12v are great for moving air around only...not really good at all for exhausting air, or intake air......but you are well on your way here so nicey work.....:ciao:

Can feminized seeds get herm flowers? The space and airflow are not ideal but its what I could get my hands on so I'm gonna have to make it work for the at least the first harvest. I plan on getting a dresser from salvation army and turning it into a grow area and getting an hps/t5

Any seeds regardless of being feminized, have a possibility of going hermie. It's mostly caused by stress, temps, air flow, etc. Just keep a close eye on it, I think you should be fine!

A dresser won't be the most efficient in my opinion. You can get a cheap grow tent online (htgsupply.com), it has intake and exaust ports. But, if that's out if the question, keep it up!

Some more pictures.. its starting to flower. i accidentally let it get way too hot for a few hours not realizing the heat vent was right behind the box. I also let it grow into the lights during this time but looks like there is minimal damage and is growing well since I moved the lights and fixed temps to 75.
IMAG008611.jpg
IMAG00888.jpg
IMAG009010.jpg

Is the yellowing on the bottom anything to worry about?

Yellowing on the oldest fan leaves is normal especially the further along in flowering it goes. My bush of an auto is mostly yellow under the folds of fan leaves and most of it is the first couple sets of fan leaves that got over shadowed by the new larger ones. Just keep a patient eye on your girl and it should grow fine nugs.:Namaste:

My box is getting a sweet fruity skunk smell already OMG! I'm gonna tie her back cause I'm running out of room here pretttttty quick. I think I've experienced the "stretch" I've read so much about. If you look how bushy it was the other day compared to now you can barely tell its the same plant!

IMAG00957.jpg
IMAG00948.jpg

Here's a pic of a diy cheap CFL reflector I made today w/ 2 42w CFL @ 2800 lumens each

IMAG010013.jpg

Yup I got my hands on 1 of those and a nice ppm/ph meter. My 2 feedings after the one I posted the ph was at 6.63 and 6.5. Ppm at around 700 and 800 slowly going up. My first feed I had no idea what i was doing but realised pretty quick I had burned it a little. It's a lot better now that I have the ppm/ph. I only had a shit ph meter before

Back
Top Bottom