Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 5 weeks
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil Foxfarms Happy Frog
If soil... What size pot? 5 Gallons
Size of light? 432 Watt Badboy 4ft 8 tube
How often are you watering? 2x Weekly
Type and strength of ferts used? Osmocote Plus. 1 Tablespoon per gallon of soil with additional supplementation with Molasses and 1/2 dose of Fox Farms line once weekly.

Below are the specifics on the Hawaiian snow Variety
Sex : Feminized
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : Hawaiian, Laos.
Flowering Time : Medium
Outdoor Harvest : October/November
Height : Medium
THC Level : 23.7%
Characteristics : Prize Winner
4 Times Cup Winner!!!
Greenhouse Seeds Hawaiian Snow took 1st prize in the 2003 High Times Cannabis cup as well as 2nd place at the 2007 Spannabis in Barcelona and 1st place again in the 2007 ----- 420 Sativa Breeders Cup. This strain is very sticky, with a great Hazy smell and taste and exhibits a monster THC content and yield. Hawaiian Snow cannabis seeds give a powerful creative high and a delightfully smooth stoned feeling. THC: 23.7% CBD: 1.1% CBN: 0.8% Flowering time Indoor for the Hawaiian Snow is between 12 to 13 weeks. Outdoor harvest will have finished by the beginning of November in the Northern hemisphereand and by late July in the Southern hemisphere. Yield (Indoors): 550 to 600 gr/sqm.

Re: Hawaiian Snow in Airpots with Happy Frog soil OC+ and T5 light

My first grow was a mix of 1 - Nirvana AK48, 1 - Aurora Indica, and 4 Bag seed. This grow produced right around 12 ounces dry weight of some pretty decent bud. The biggest problem I had with this grow was the smell. No matter what I did, the odor could not be controlled. I bought a carbon scubber, still stinks... Add some air fresheners, still stinks, hang moving blankets over the door to the grow closet, house still stinks... I dunno, maybe I need to move out of a doorless closet and into a tent. Perhaps that will contain the odor and eliminate my issue.

Anyway, to appease the wife, I promised I would limit this grow to one plant at a time. Once agreed, I then ordered 6 varieties that held my interest. If I have to keep to one plant at a time, I am going to grow interesting varieties. Most of the seeds I bought are Sativa dominant to include:
Dutch Passion Frisian Dew Feminized Seeds
Green House Seeds Hawaiian Snow Feminized
Dutch Passion Mekong High
Barneys Farm Tangerine Dream Feminized
FREE G13 Labs Auto AK Feminzed
FREE G13 Labs Purple Haze Feminized
FREE G13 Labs Pineapple Express Feminized
UFO#1 Paradise Nebula Feminized
UFO#2 Paradise Seeds Wappa Feminized

This grow will feature exactly 1 Green House Seeds Hawaiian Snow Feminized

Right now she is 5 weeks from seed and so far she is the best looking plant I've grown. The nodes are about 1 to 1.5 inches and at every node 2 new branches start right out. Below are some pics

I'm alive...
Shes_alive1.JPG

1 Week old
DSC000888.JPG

2 Weeks old
DSC000987.JPG

3 Weeks Old
DSC001269.JPG

DSC0012210.JPG

Weekend update Week 5 16 inches
The Hawaiian Snow really is a great looking plant . Very consistent node spacing which is right about 1.5 inches. I have decided that as she is branching so nicely on her own not to do any lst, topping, fiming etc... I did bend her over once or twice for 12 to 24 hours to help the side branches a bit, but that was minimal and for short periods of time. I also took a bottom branch to clone in the beginning of the week and I believe the clone took. So this looks to be 2 plants rather than the 1. I am taking a good amount of grief from the wife and daughter on the smell though. It's at the point now that either I get it under control or the plants take a hike. so last night I bought heavy gauge plastic tarps and tape and completely sealed the closet. I then installed a tarp zipper to allow me into the room. This morning the odor is much better and I think I will be able to keep them going.

Here she is at 5 weeks
DSC001357.JPG
DSC001347.JPG

I also have a bag seed clone in the closet left from the last grow. This one got teribly confused over thanksgiving when I had to put her outside in a dark shed for a few days and then into the veg closet with the HS. She is 65 days from initial flowering and as you can see she reveged through the confusion but is now under 12/12 once again. I have no idea how long she will go now, so I will just have to follow her lead.
DSC001336.JPG
DSC001324.JPG

Week 6 Update Day 50 from seed day 7 @ 12/12

She is 28 inches tall today. Thats 12 inches of growth in 7 days. All I can say is wow!
DSC001384.JPG
DSC001397.JPG

The odor was really becoming a problem, so I cut down the confused bagseed clone as she was the culprit of the over powering smell and was really looking quite strange from the reveg. I have her buds drying, but they are very leafy, stemmy, and over all poor quality. I think if you want to reveg, take the original buds off first and then reveg.

Thats all for this week. Merry XMAS

major stretchedge i woudl chop the top clone it becuase later in the grow with hoe tall the top is will limit the light hieght and totally screw all those nice lower bud spots. looks like you have more the than anywhere I would first try to suoercrop but that plat looks like it would break easy and very easy if you dont have an experience. I would about 6-8 from the top and away from nodes and such. rub the stem and press gently at frist then a little more firm while doing ths have your index finger behind the plant(the other side of you)and your thumb resting on the SHAFTand slowly bend over VERY SLOWly the object is to bend it over Not snap if infact you do snap you can reapir but I would just clone. hope this helps other than that.

If your wife sayd one is pk you can convince her of two . "You do want it to be worth it don't you honey" High CFM with a GOOd scrubber does the trick No smell no problem ever

Week 7 Update Day 60 from seed day 16 @ 12/12 40 inches tall

HS continues to stretch and added another 12 inches this weeks. Thats 24 inches of stretch on the first 2 weeks of flowering for 2.5x stretch. Hopefully she levels off this week, but I suspect there is another 2 weeks of stretch to contend with. I may need to bend her over afterall, but I am really hoping to let her develop a single main cola. the flowers also started forming within the past 2 or 3 days, below are some updated shots.

DSC0014610.JPG
DSC001479.JPG
DSC001485.JPG

Good looking grow man! Smell is something we all must deal with. If you are still having problems I can recommend ONA pro gel. It is all I use atm, works... I will be adding a carbon filter soon but, tell then ONA it is.

Good looking grow man! Smell is something we all must deal with. If you are still having problems I can recommend ONA pro gel. It is all I use atm, works... I will be adding a carbon filter soon but, tell then ONA it is.

Thanks for checking in. Odor is definitely strain dependent, fortunately the HS has been a very low odor plant up to this point. I would definitely recommend this variety to anyone needing to remain stealthy indoors

Week 8 Update Day 66 from seed day 22 @ 12/12 47 inches tall
Hawaiian Snow is now 47 inches tall at day 22 of flowering. Thats an increase of 7 inches this week and 32 inches in stretch since flipping over to 12/12. She has officially outgrown the height of the flowering room so I bent the top over and tied it down to the top of a tomato cage I have supporting her. The side branches are long and slender and lots of flowering sites are present. I am anticipating 13 weeks for flowering, so 3 weeks down approximately 10 weeks to go.

DSC001537.JPG
DSC001527.JPG
DSC001578.JPG
DSC001505.JPG
DSC001498.JPG

Thats one stretching son of a gun! I just finished reading your previous grow. Did the Aurora or the AK48 put out a lot of odor? I grew AK48 a while back and it really was very mild as to it's odor. I am planning to pop some Aurora seeds soon and would like to know if it is a stinker.

The AK was pretty mild, not as mild as the HS but mild. The AI was a bit stronger but manageable. So far the AI has been my favorite buzz. Very relaxing and allows me to focus better. The worst offender so far for me has been the bag seed she stunk to high heaven and nothing i did would control her odor.

Update Day5 from seed Day 42 @ 12/12 54 inches
So its been around 3 weeks since I last updated. The HS continues to impress. The stretch has finished at 54 inches tall. That makes for a 3.6x stretch. At 42 days 12/12 she is just under the halfway mark and still has approximately 47 days to go. The buds are clearly putting on weight as well as sticky trichromes and with these also comes the odor. She has been low odor to this point and that odor is still manageable, but much stronger now that we are full flower. Anyway, enjoy the shots
DSC001669.JPG
DSC001655.JPG
DSC001648.JPG
DSC001639.JPG
DSC001629.JPG
DSC001617.JPG
DSC001605.JPG
DSC001595.JPG

Hello! I like your Hawaiian Snow, very pretty!

We're doing essentially the same thing interms of pots, soil and nutes.. :)

Can't wait to hear how she smokes and how she weighs in. Peace!

She looks great Dex. How munch longer does she have?

:goodjob: :bravo:

That's a great question. According to the breeder, she should go 12 to 13 weeks flowering. Right now she is 9.1 weeks, that said i can see around 30% amber trichs at this point but she still throwing new white pistils???. I'm thinking I'll give her another week or 2 which should get me to week 11. I'm open to any feedback, definitly dont want to take her to soon or to late...

Back
Top Bottom