Thawk's Multi Strain 2L Hempy SOG

Thawk

Hey guys,
This is going to be my third Grow at 420 magazine my other two didn't fully get documented and they didn't quite go as planned however with Corey's help at blue planet nutrients and 420fieds SOG as a template, I believe that this one will go far better. I'm going to post all of the details as I have pictures come available, I do not receive my HPS from Hydropro until later today and I have a pretty busy week so I will do my best to get pictures up as soon as I can.

As far as basics,
I am going to be flowering in a 4' x 8'. And I will be using a 600 Watt HPS as well as nearly 700- 900 W of LED depending on the light set up.

I will be using the three-part elite series of nutrients as well as the liquid blue bloom booster from Cory at blue planet nutrients after seeing what these nutrients have done in other grows I could not resist but to try them myself. Once this grow is a little further along, I will attempt a Foxfarm versus blue planet nutrient head to head grow off.

There'll be two duct fans running in the flowering room pulling both the hot air out of the HPS and air through the carbon filter and then they are both pushed to an exit fan.

As far as strains my two main strains are hammerhead and agent orange. I recently flowered out the last of my big Buddha blue cheese due to space concerns however with this new SOG grow style I will have plenty of space and be able to use up all of it for clones and for mothers. The other strains involved include bubblegummer, o*ium, third dimension, Afghan Haze 33, power Kush, and super lemon haze.

That should cover all the basics I will do my best to get pictures up today or tomorrow thanks for stopping by guys and hope you enjoy this journey with me.

Hi Thawk,

Sounds great I'm in ;)

I was going to grow Super Lemon Haze next, so this one is of special interest to me! You are growing the Greenhouse brand right? Bubblegummer is also on my list. Everything that has Bubblegum or Blueberry in it will be a sucess :)

Hey guys glad to see you here, and yes the SLH is the greenhouse seeds strain. The bubblegummers suffered sever ph troubles throughout their whole veg life and I often thought of killing them for space but they are still pulling through and looks like they may produce some nice buds yet:) anyways I am going to be doing a huge revamping on Friday and I will do a big picture update then, but for now here are seem pics to see where I am at now. First the new light I got today from hydro pro :)
photo-610.JPG
so excited to see it in action! Here is the flower room
photo-414.JPG
photo-316.JPG
and this is the veg room
photo-513.JPG
its a little rough at the moment but like I said on Friday I'm going to do a big rebuild and make it perfect.

For now enjoy the power Kush :)
photo-220.JPG

Thanks for the rep and welcome giveme :) and oh man hammerhead is by far my prize fighter... We'll see how it does against some of the newer strains. The nodes grow at an pretty close distance util maturity then they get really really tight, for those extra large colas. It is a white rhino mix so it has that huge bud structure from it, they grow very large and thick, no fluffiness at all. They tend to form into an upside down ice cream cone shape right as they hit peak maturity... Be careful not to cut early because the buds are nicer than most a week before they are done. I had two phenotypes and went with the second. The first was a sativa dominant, I would say 70/30, and took nearly 11 weeks to finish. It smelled so strongly of lemon pledge I began to wonder if my girlfriend had been cleaning too much haha. Those nugs literally stacked on each other, but they didn't have the color appeal of the second pheno so I phased it out. The second pheno is my favorite bedtime bud, it is an 80/20 indica I believe, and they buds follow my first description. They smell like musky fruit, most notably watermelon... Almost like it had been in a container just a day too long, and the taste is like some type of tropical punch with a little musky hint in the aftertaste. But it has the bag appeal because not only does it become very full and exactly what you would expect of a perfect nug, but every hair goes orange. Great great smoke, just don't expect o get anything done... And I mean video games get too labor intensive sometimes haha. Pics attached, thanks again stoppin in :Namaste:

DSC004674.JPG
DSC004655.JPG
DSC004353.JPG
DSC004334.JPG

Sweet looking buds Thawk I hope my HH looks that good I got alot of strains I think HH and White Widow and Kalashnikova have by for the tightest nodes followed closely by Papaya and Fruity chronic juice.and Pineapple express but I have quite a few more strains than that too many to name great buds :bravo:

Hey guys I know I promised you an update yesterday but do to my slight OCD I'm still working on getting everything together, hopefully I'll be able to get stuff done and take pics just after I get to give the girls their first watering of BPN :morenutes::cheer: can't wait, thanks again to Blue Planet Nutrients for making this possible. Look for update later guys

Hey guys bad news, my hps bulb blew after about 4 hours of operation, I am not sure what the reason for it was but I can see where it crackd on the inside. I have contacted hydropro and hopefully I'll be able to get a new one ASAP. But until then what other bulbs are good? Anybody know the best 600 watt hps bulb?

Thanks dumpy and welcome, and I was going to go check tomorrow but I was unsure if they carried 600 watt bulbs at local hardware stores. If my hydro store is open tomorrow I will go check with them as well... But I may be looking for a new type of the bulb because I have read a lot about the ushios having some bursting issues.

Hmm. Ushio usually is a pretty reliable product. I'm sure wherever you bought it will stand behind it and send a new one. We use that brand in fibre optic cannons and they seem to stand up very well but they are pricey. They tend to run hotter than comparable lamps as they are smaller and dissipate heat over a smaller area. Be sure to handle the lamp with a clean cloth or glove. The oils on you hands may cause premature failure. I try to buy that kind of thing from local vendors because they may ask for the lamp to be returned so they can get their dough back as well..

They are one of our sponsors so I doubt I will have any trouble getting another one. I was careful to clean it but I did smell a slight burning when it first lit up and the base/adapter had some kind of buildup on it I tried to scrape off. It seemed ok and it looked good for a while but I was up there and heard a pop and watched the bulb slowly die. I wouldn't ,ind sending it back, I'm going to get another high quality bulb tomorrow or Monday and hopefully have the ushio bulb as a good replacement in case there is another problem.

Will do an update later today guys, going to try and find a cheap replacement bulb for the hps until I can get a new high quality one, but regardless I'll get it updated today. Thanks for stopping in and they are indeed LEDs.

Back
Top Bottom